What is Obama's Endgame?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Like everyone else I am trying to see a way out of this shutdown. With Obama refusing to negotiate at all, and Reid backing him up I do not see anything that would push him towards doing anything.
The next event coming up is the gov't running out of money, sometime in the next 2 weeks. At that point what will happen? Will Obama knuckle under and say he will negotiate? I dont think so. He has shown himself to be totally intrasigent, the President of No.
I believe he will invoke his "14th Amendment Power" and unilaterally order the Treasury to borrow money to fulfill debt payments.
At that point we essentially have a dictatorship in this country, as Obama has no 14thA power.

The end of the gop as an organized political movenment. It's not that he's that good, it's just the the gop is suicidal, and the moment sort of dropped into his lap.

Like everyone else I am trying to see a way out of this shutdown. With Obama refusing to negotiate at all, and Reid backing him up I do not see anything that would push him towards doing anything.
The next event coming up is the gov't running out of money, sometime in the next 2 weeks. At that point what will happen? Will Obama knuckle under and say he will negotiate? I dont think so. He has shown himself to be totally intrasigent, the President of No.
I believe he will invoke his "14th Amendment Power" and unilaterally order the Treasury to borrow money to fulfill debt payments.
At that point we essentially have a dictatorship in this country, as Obama has no 14thA power.

you are probably correct. The really sad thing is that the stupid media will support him as he destroys our economy and becomes a dictator.

The pattern has happened before--------Hitler, Mao, Castro, Chavez, Pol Pot.
Wake up America.

Endgame?

The public being enraged with the Republican Party
Vicious infighting within the GOP
A further deterioration of the GOP brand
Major inroads to the 2014 elections
Obamacare stays intact

Demrats regaining the house in 2014, setting up a qusai govt dependent one party state resembling the dirtiest politcal organization the the USA....the Chicago democrat party.

Yeah, I think the endgame is to just let the GOP do what it's doing.

Boehner has said a default is not going to happen, and Obama knows he can just stand his ground and point at the other guys.

So the only thing Obama has to do is scare people about a default, and he knows the press will play its regular part.

A big gift for Obama and the Dems. Again.

Endgame?

Obamacare stays intact

Yeah those things aren't happenig outside of your mind.

I am speaking here of what will cause Obama to change course. OR where he will end up in all this.

oh jeez guys, I was being sarcastic. IT'S NOT THAT DIFFICULT . Obama wants the gop to agree to fund Obamacare, and he isn't gonna liet the gop go back on shutting down the govt until they do it. Cruz thought he'd hold a gun to Obama's head and Obama would cave ... again. But, Obama pulled out his own pistol, and we're in a Mexican standoff that will be decided by public opinion. And shutting down the govt NEVER has won public opinion. The gop's only hope is to bend reality and put the shutdown on the dems.

you are probably correct. The really sad thing is that the stupid media will support him as he destroys our economy and becomes a dictator.

The pattern has happened before--------Hitler, Mao, Castro, Chavez, Pol Pot.
Wake up America.

The economy is doing better than ever. Housing prices up, stocks up. The world economy was at risk thanks to the eight years of the half wit the supreme court put in the oval office. It must really irritate you teabaggers all to hell that Obama is turning things around even with all the road blocks you put in front of him. Obama wasn't my first choice, I think he's tried to treat republicans like gentlemen instead of siccing the attorney general on bush/cheney etc like Kucinich would have, but he's doing ok.

Last edited:
Endgame?
America continues to further itself from a Democratic Republic and continues into an oligarchical sudo-electorial country.
Which is happening with or without Obama.

There is simply no way the GOP can win this now. If they go ahead and fund the government, it will be seen as a victory for the President. If they continue the shutdown, they become increasingly unpopular with the electorate as the affects of the shutdown excalate and more Americans are impacted by this tactic. Every day this shutdwon continues is a damage to the GOP. And the President appears stronger for standing up to the Teabaggers and the GOP. Simply a no win situation that the GOP has put itself into. All for the little civil war going on within the GOP.

Endgame?

Obamacare stays intact

I am speaking here of what will cause Obama to change course. OR where he will end up in all this.

Obamas course is set

Allow the Republicans to continue beating themselves until they have had enough

Obama will end up with Obamacare intact and a weakened GOP

Endgame?

Obamacare stays intact

Obamas course is set

He might wind up strengthening it in the long run, once they purge themselves of radicals and become the center right party of Eisenhower, Ford, George HW Bush, Dole and Jack Kemp.

What is Obama's Endgame?

Economic and military collapse for America. Can we say, "working?"

2014 cannot come soon enough as conservatives take some Senate seats so we can handcuff....the traitor-in-chief.

Endgame?

Obamacare stays intact

Do you really believe that the USA would be better off with only one political party? Please think before answering.

Obamas course is set

He might wind up strengthening it in the long run, once they purge themselves of radicals and become the center right party of Eisenhower, Ford, George HW Bush, Dole and Jack Kemp.

That will not happen in Obamas term

Republicans need to hit rock bottom first and that has not happened yet. Let them lose some more elections first

Endgame?

Obamacare stays intact

Do you really believe that the USA would be better off with only one political party? Please think before answering.

If one party is intent on destroying itself....what are we supposed to do?

The wounds are self inflicted

Forum List

Back