What is my phone doing?

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
Who’s the Alpha Nerds here?

My phone has been doing this a lot. It seems like it’s searching for something all the time. Might be why my battery runs out so fast. The little twirly thing in the upper left just spins and spins.

339C24E2-A4A2-465C-BB7C-C919A77BD955.jpeg

Is it something that I have turned on that is doing it?

BTW, I have an iPhone.

Thanks.

Might be you are trying to log on to USMB during one of its recent crashes
Does it do that for all sites?

Could be wi-fi assist is turned on. Either that or you have your wi-fi set to constantly scan for signals.

More likely the former.

And, yes, that'll drain your battery quickly.

If it only spins when you're away from your home wi-fi, then, it's the wi-fi assist. It's spinning because it can't get a wi-fi signal when you're out and about.

Last edited:

My phone has been doing this a lot. It seems like it’s searching for something all the time. Might be why my battery runs out so fast. The little twirly thing in the upper left just spins and spins.

View attachment 217855

BTW, I have an iPhone.

Thanks.

The Macarena?

That's one of the reasons I got rid of my phone, battery kept dying.

So-called "smart" phones have gotta be the neediest little things since babies.

It looks like the "background" mode is enabled for the Internet. It is better to disable this mode.
It tries to automatically update applications or their data from the Internet and starts wi-fi.

So-called "smart" phones have gotta be the neediest little things since babies.
Such phones often start independently wi-fi, gps, gprs even if you turned them off ..

View attachment 217855

BTW, I have an iPhone.

Thanks.

Searching for wifi can drain a phone's battery very fast. Older phones are notorious for this. If you are in an area with no/poor cell tower coverage, then wifi is all you have.

If this is in your house, ATT can send you a free hotspot device to connect to your router if you complain to them.

View attachment 217855

BTW, I have an iPhone.

Thanks.

Searching for wifi can drain a phone's battery very fast. Older phones are notorious for this. If you are in an area with no/poor cell tower coverage, then wifi is all you have.

If this is in your house, ATT can send you a free hotspot device to connect to your router if you complain to them.

Shouldn’t being hooked up to WiFi stop that?

Check each app to see if it is constantly refreshing.

Also - disable SIRI for every app. That's a little bitch.

View attachment 217855

BTW, I have an iPhone.

Thanks.

Shouldn’t being hooked up to WiFi stop that?

Not sure. We had a standard netgear wifi router and poor local tower coverage. T-mobile sent us a hotspot device we connected to the router and our cell connection in the house improved dramatically. I am guessing it bypasses our ISP server and goes direct to the Tmobile server...but I am not sure why it works better.

Is the government spying on me? Is my phone spying on me and reporting me to the government? Is Zuckerburg monitoring me?

Have you ever noticed that you could be talking to people verbally about a subject, even if your phone is in your pocket, and the next time you go on Facebook there’s an ad for that thing you were talking about?

upload_2018-9-22_11-53-28.gif

Is the government spying on me? Is my phone spying on me and reporting me to the government? Is Zuckerburg monitoring me.

It's not scary.
More frighteningly, if you are offered to buy goods, About which you just thought, in Russian.
:04:

So apparently, you’re supposed to shut down and restart your phone once in a while. I didn’t know.
I heard that even a switched off phone has the ability to spy, record a conversation. In my youth, I was addicted to electronics and I admit that it is possible. But the likelihood that the phone that is sold for the ordinary person, installed such equipment (the ability to record a conversation when the phone is off) is too small.

New Topics

Forum List

Back