What is lawfare

The Democrats planned this illegal lawfare for 6 years.

lots of generalized whining. Which specific laws do you want to eliminate?
Exactly what do you see as illegal about trump's prosecutions?

Did you read the Wikipedia article about what lawfare is?
Much silliness and doubletalk. What specifically do you see as illegal about charges trump is facing?
What is wrong with telling anyone "If you break the law, you will be taken to court"

Last edited:
Using laws to prosecute law breakers? Isn't that how our justice system works?
Not exactly. When the process becomes the punishment, you can see the concept of lawfare at work. It's a relatively new strategy that there are no laws against, and would require great thought for lawmakers to combat. Perhaps too great of thought for current government and contrary to their ambitions, as they are engaging in the Insidious practice.

Not exactly. When the process becomes the punishment, you can see the concept of lawfare at work. It's a relatively new strategy that there are no laws against, and would require great thought for lawmakers to combat. Perhaps too great of thought for current government and contrary to their ambitions, as they are engaging in the Insidious practice.
Aren't prosecutions of lawbreakers supposed to mete out punishment?

Aren't prosecutions of lawbreakers supposed to mete out punishment?
The prosecution is not supposed to be the punishment . Why is the government prosecuting some people for similar crimes differently than others ? Is that legal ? Is that ethical ? Do you think Hillary Clinton should have been indicted and had multiple trials going on during the time she was running for president?

The prosecution is not supposed to be the punishment . Why is the government prosecuting some people for similar crimes differently than others ? Is that legal ? Is that ethical ? Do you think Hillary Clinton should have been indicted and had multiple trials going on during the time she was running for president?
Other than the fact that trump is the only ex president to have broken this particular set of laws, what is different than him and any other criminal that has been indicted?

Other than the fact that trump is the only ex president to have broken this particular set of laws, what is different than him and any other criminal that has been indicted?
Should Biden be prosecuted for stealing classified documents?

If he obstructed the investigation, and lied about it in court, he would certainly be prosecuted.
Well it is against the law to steal them regardless of obstruction or lying in court. I think the root of our discussion should be in ethics not necessarily the rule of law. Do you really think that all the charges against Trump are real? Did you read the Wikipedia article on lawfare? Can you see how that would apply to Trump?

If he obstructed the investigation, and lied about it in court, he would certainly be prosecuted.
How do we know whether he obstructed the investigation or not? Biden was never indicted so there was never any Court trial. Stealing those documents was most certainly a crime, why no indictment. Obstruction? Is he above the law? Lawfare?

It really does come down to a question of ethics. So many questions so few answers. It is a good thing that intelligent people can see and understand what is happening to Trump and the reasons behind it.

Well it is against the law to steal them regardless of obstruction or lying in court. I think the root of our discussion should be in ethics not necessarily the rule of law. Do you really think that all the charges against Trump are real? Did you read the Wikipedia article on lawfare? Can you see how that would apply to Trump?
Again, yes, I read that whiny double talk article. Flaunt the law. End up in court. That's how it works. I have no problem comparing ethics, or in trump's case, lack of ethics, but you MAGAs are the ones that defined this discussion as lawfare. Again, I gotta ask Which laws do you think trump should ignore?

How do we know whether he obstructed the investigation or not? Biden was never indicted so there was never any Court trial. Stealing those documents was most certainly a crime, why no indictment. Obstruction? Is he above the law? Lawfare?
Of course he lied and obstructed the investigation. He claimed he had already returned all the top secret documents, when everybody knew he was lying ----- again.

Again, yes, I read that whiny double talk article. Flaunt the law. End up in court. That's how it works. I have no problem comparing ethics, or in trump's case, lack of ethics, but you MAGAs are the ones that defined this discussion as lawfare. Again, I gotta ask Which laws do you think trump should ignore?
Is it ethical to treat Trump differently than any other politician?

Forum List

Back