Concur?

• Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
&

☭proletarian☭

What is the foundation of just law? How do you determine whether a given law is just?

I've always considered the guiding principles quite simple, myself: Just law is law which seeks to protect the life, liberty, rights, and well-being of the People as a whole and each person as such.

Agree or disagree?

Today's modern laws do not remotely compare with such as the Code of Hammurabi or the Draconian Code.

I was on a board once where a poster, every time a new law was passed, he cried a violation of his rights.

Wear a motorcycle helmet, wear a seatbelt, don't smoke in the car with minors in it, blah blah. He was basically anti law. I did not get it?

In my opinion, "Just Law" means fair law, as in, a law which is put into practice to make sure everyone is treated in the same legal manner in any situation. In relation to equality in the legal system, we need to have a fair system where all people are treated in a fair and just manner, that is, in an equal manner that reflects the values of the society.

-TSO

In my opinion, "Just Law" means fair law, as in, a law which is put into practice to make sure everyone is treated in the same legal manner in any situation. In relation to equality in the legal system, we need to have a fair system where all people are treated in a fair and just manner, that is, in an equal manner that reflects the values of the society.

-TSO

And so on the West Pediment of the US SC building it says "Equal Justice under law"!

If only it were really true in a perfect world.

Forum List

Back