What is it like to be a prison guard?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I'm kind of curious what is it like to deal with scum of the earth who wouldn't mind killing you? I don't know if anyone has ever had that job or worked in a prison before but I'm interested in the kind of stories that might happen.

I'm kind of curious what is it like to deal with scum of the earth who wouldn't mind killing you? I don't know if anyone has ever had that job or worked in a prison before but I'm interested in the kind of stories that might happen.

Been there, for 10 years.

I've seen a pregnant female guard punched, hard, in the midsection by a 6'2" 250lb inmate for no apparent reason.

I've seen a former parole officer convicted of child molestation that found out what other cons think of that type crime.

Deal with them?

Treated them like mobile hazardous material in a warehouse.

Don't trust them, dont' turn your back on them if possible

Worked in a supermaximum prison for the state of WI as a Maintenance Mechanic for a little over two years. The prison is no longer a supermax, but it was when I was there. It housed the worst of the worst. I stood face to face with Christopher Scarver, of course his cell door between us, the black guy that killed serial killer, Jeffrey Dahmer and an acquaintance.

I saw and heard things I hope I never see or hear again. Being Maintenance was bad enough and the money wasn't very good, but no way in hell would I have been a prison guard.

Forum List

Back