what is best tv show? top 5?

1. MASH
2. Wiseguy especially season two which gave us Kevin Spacey and Joan Severance as the bad guys
3. GOT
4. Monty Pythons Flying Circus
5. Top Gear

Current:
Black Sails
Vikings
Versailles
Game of Thrones
Sherlock
*Luther (honorable mention.)
*Endeavour
Past:
West Wing
Downton Abbey
Twilight Zone
Alfred Hitchcock Presents

Current:
Black Sails
Vikings
Versailles
Game of Thrones
Sherlock
*Endeavour
Past:
West Wing
Downton Abbey
Twilight Zone

Sherlock and Luther are both good, but so short!
True. I think they are every other year as well. Sherlock is and Luther just started back up after a year and a half or two years. The Sherlock episodes are longer though. Not sure about Luther.

1. MASH
2. Wiseguy especially season two which gave us Kevin Spacey and Joan Severance as the bad guys
3. GOT
4. Monty Pythons Flying Circus
5. Top Gear

I figured you were like my cousin a Monty guy, I couldn't stand it.

I remember one time when I had to fly all the time for work, I blew off a flight from Ashville to Chicago because I wanted to watch L.A. law. :)

And I was so mad when I checked into the hotel room and the local station moved it in order to show a tar heal basketball game.

Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Game of Thrones
Downton Abbey
The West Wing
Newsroom
Dexter
The Walking Dead
Orange is the New Black
Arrested Development
The Tim and Eric Show
Deadwood
The World at War

Honorable Mentions:
The Last Kingdom
Six Feet Under
Rome
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Killing (Seasons 1&2 - skip 3 no matter the cliff hanger)

Current:
Black Sails
Vikings
Versailles
Game of Thrones
Sherlock
*Endeavour
Past:
West Wing
Downton Abbey
Twilight Zone

True. I think they are every other year as well. Sherlock is and Luther just started back up after a year and a half or two years. The Sherlock episodes are longer though. Not sure about Luther.

Luther just took a break then they decided to do a fourth 'season'. I'm not sure it really counts at only 2 1-hour episodes.

Sherlock I think has had a season every year.

Current:
Black Sails
Vikings
Versailles
Game of Thrones
Sherlock
*Endeavour
Past:
West Wing
Downton Abbey
Twilight Zone

Luther just took a break then they decided to do a fourth 'season'. I'm not sure it really counts at only 2 1-hour episodes.

Sherlock I think has had a season every year.
Are those 2 episodes they only ones? Dammit. Here I was all excited waiting for the next episode to come out.

Just looked it up. You darken doorsteps. You know that? Ruined my hopes for more Luther. Thanks

I know Sherlock is every 2 years. Sherlock (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
1:breaking bad
2:game of thrones
3:friends
4:sopranos
5:shameless

best show ever? Masterpiece Theatre, if you are willing to accept it as 'a show'.
Crap. I forgot about that one. But that kind of falls in the Poledark/Downton Abbey category yes? As in they mostly host or present shows rather than being an actual show.

What about Mousterpiece Theater with George Plimpton?

best show ever? Masterpiece Theatre, if you are willing to accept it as 'a show'.
Crap. I forgot about that one. But that kind of falls in the Poledark/Downton Abbey category yes? As in they mostly host or present shows rather than being an actual show.

What about Mousterpiece Theater with George Plimpton?

Masterpiece is the greatest tv ever unless you want to argue that it is just a compilation.

everything

My personal opinion is that if Masterpiece Theatre qualifies as a TV show, as opposed to what some might quite fairly argue that it is merely a gateway TO TV shows,

then I consider it greatest show ever, based on the sum total of its content.

Forum List

Back