what is best tv show? top 5?

Currently:
Walking Dead
Castle. It's kinda corny, but good for a few laughs.
Chicago PD
Chicago Fire
Chopped

Past:
CSI
Miami Vice
Dark Shadows
MASH
Star Trek
All in the Family
Sanford & Son
Golden Girls
House Md
Good Eats-I like the way Alton Brown gets into the science of it, but I haven't seen it lately
Dallas
Dynasty

All time favorite, Carol Burnett

Carol Burnett was always drunk it seemed

Carol Burnett did not drink. Her mother was an alcoholic, and she was raised by her grandmother. She successfully sued the National Enquirer who reported that she was seen drunk in a restaurant. Carol was hell on alcohol, and people who abused it.

Anyone know why Mash was so popular in the 70's?

It was clearly an anti-war show.

so what? I wasn't around in 1972, explain

This was the height of the anti-'Nam demonstrations with large numbers of young men fleeing to Canada to avoid the draft. Hollywood was just pandering to the movement with a show based upon the horrors of war seen through the eyes of doctors in a military combat hospital.

The remake of Outer limits from the nines. My dad used to love the original, scared me so much I hid under the couch. Joseph Stefano scared the hell out of me, and enlightened me too.

My fav:

As Time Goes By (this show is a brit-com.)

My top 5:

1. As Time Goes By
2. Coupling (another brit-com)
3. Ghost Whisperer
4. Forensic Files
5. Bates Motel

American Crime was good this season, but there is only one episode left.

Downton Abbey.

So sad it's gone. I don't know why they ended it. The characters were solidly formed so even if Julian Fellowes was tired I'm sure there are writers capable of keeping them alive for many years (if Fellowes were willing to relinquish the task).

Downton Abbey obviously followed in the footsteps of Upstairs/Downstairs, which was a 1970s series dealing with the relationship between the English upper class and their household servants and that series lasted a very long time.

Downton Abbey.

So sad it's gone. I don't know why they ended it. The characters were solidly formed so even if Julian Fellowes was tired I'm sure there are writers capable of keeping them alive for many years (if Fellowes were willing to relinquish the task).

Downton Abbey obviously followed in the footsteps of Upstairs/Downstairs, which was a 1970s series dealing with the relationship between the English upper class and their household servants and that series lasted a very long time.

1) They ended it because Maggie Smith would not renew her contract as the Dowager who was the series' anchor period character.

2) There is talk of a movie spinoff to be released in 2018. Not sure many of the details other than that the actor who plays Bates has reportedly revealed that he is already contracted for the movie. My guess would be that it would be a run up to WWII

Forum List

Back