what is best tv show? top 5?

Downton Abbey.

So sad it's gone. I don't know why they ended it. The characters were solidly formed so even if Julian Fellowes was tired I'm sure there are writers capable of keeping them alive for many years (if Fellowes were willing to relinquish the task).

Downton Abbey obviously followed in the footsteps of Upstairs/Downstairs, which was a 1970s series dealing with the relationship between the English upper class and their household servants and that series lasted a very long time.

1) They ended it because Maggie Smith would not renew her contract as the Dowager who was the series' anchor period character.
That would have been a major loss to the cast and I can understand why they decided not to continue. Too bad. But Maggie is getting on in years and one does get too tired to be working day after day.

2) There is talk of a movie spinoff to be released in 2018. Not sure many of the details other than that the actor who plays Bates has reportedly revealed that he is already contracted for the movie. My guess would be that it would be a run up to WWII
I will look forward to that. I'm sure such a movie would be as good if not better than Gosford Park.

1:breaking bad
2:game of thrones
3:friends
4:sopranos
5:shameless
NBC always had the best must see TV nights. Usually Thursdays. Let me try to think of all the shows. Night court, family matters, cheers, Seinfeld, friends, will and grace.

Right now the best night and lineup is the middle, Goldberg's, modern family and blackish. All four are good shows.

NBC always had the best must see TV nights. Usually Thursdays. Let me try to think of all the shows. Night court, family matters, cheers, Seinfeld, friends, will and grace.

Right now the best night and lineup is the middle, Goldberg's, modern family and blackish. All four are good shows.

Somewhere along the way TV networks became obsessed with the Wednesday night at 10:00pm time slot as being the must win slot of the week. I have never understood why so much emphasis goes into that day and time. A lot of them also became obsessed with the 13-17 year old demographic because that is the one advertisers will pay a premium to reach.

Somewhere along the way TV networks became obsessed with the Wednesday night at 10:00pm time slot as being the must win slot of the week. I have never understood why so much emphasis goes into that day and time. A lot of them also became obsessed with the 13-17 year old demographic because that is the one advertisers will pay a premium to reach.
Where do you live? In eastern time zone 8-10pm is considered prime time.

I haven't had a show I loved on at ten pm since hillstreet blues.

I live in the eastern time zone. I assume they like the 10 pm spot to be strong to deliver ratings to the 11 pm local affiliate news broadcast so said affiliates stick with them. Wednesday must be a night in which families watch more TV. IDK. I know Friday nights are usually the kiss of death for a show if a network moves it there because nobody is watching.

I watch a few shows at 10:00 PM. Castle and Blindspot are both on Monday at 10, Limitless is on Tuesday at 10. For people who enjoyed Breaking Bad, I think Better Call Saul is on Monday at 10 as well.

I wouldn't say I love any of the shows, but I've been watching Castle since it started, it's in season 8 now.

I watch a few shows at 10:00 PM. Castle and Blindspot are both on Monday at 10, Limitless is on Tuesday at 10. For people who enjoyed Breaking Bad, I think Better Call Saul is on Monday at 10 as well.

I wouldn't say I love any of the shows, but I've been watching Castle since it started, it's in season 8 now.

Thank goodness for On Demand. I get to watch ALL the 10pm shows on my timeframe.

im watching this tv show :
1:better call soul
2:vikings
3:walking dead
4:american crime history

Thank goodness for On Demand. I get to watch ALL the 10pm shows on my timeframe.

I DVR them and then watch them on the weekends usually. I'll wait until I have several episodes and watch them at once. I prefer it that way as to on demand because Ican fast forward through commercials which some on demand shows do not allow me to do on Xfinity.

Forum List

Back