CDZ What is a social norm in America that you feel is ridiculous?

That the right only complains about human sexuality in modern Information Age times and not the Timeless, Abomination of Hypocrisy as a moral Standard.
I don't know what you mean.
That is Part of the problem; don't they teach that in Sunday school.
Teach what? What do you mean by modern "Information Age times" vs "Timeless, Abomination of Hypocrisy"?
Here is a clue and a Cause:

Job 34:30: That the hypocrite reign not, lest the people be ensnared.
Will you tell me what the context of this scriptural passage is? You're being too cryptic for me to follow.
That the right only complains about human sexuality in modern Information Age times and not the Timeless, Abomination of Hypocrisy as a moral Standard.

I don't know what you mean.
Teach what? What do you mean by modern "Information Age times" vs "Timeless, Abomination of Hypocrisy"?

Will you tell me what the context of this scriptural passage is? You're being too cryptic for me to follow.
Nevermind.

Nevermind.
Is the abomination of hypocrisy a relative meaningless concept in modern Information Age times? Why does the Right bother to even complain about human sexuality, in these same, modern Information Age times.

I think this was said awhile back...but it needs repeating. lol
Daylight savings time!!!! there is no need for it. Especially out here with a month or so of it getting dark at 3 pm winter/10 pm summer.

Also the idea that everyone's life runs 9-5 Monday thru Friday. there's lots of places open all hours, but its still a mindset.
NO sometimes I'm not happy its Friday.

993683_10151883919927011_378010246_n.jpg

Wearing ties. What possible use is a tie? Sure won't keep a person warm. They are almost an invitation for a enemy to strangle you with.
A properly tied tie posses no threat to the wearer, and can double as a garrote in a pinch!

Political correctness.

We are adults, not babies. We don't need to be coddled. Our adult society is turning into what the kids have in school now ... "everyone's a winner". Everyone is NOT a winner. Survival of the fittest is nature and to fight against it only cause more tension and dissention.
One hand, you're absolutely right. Other hand, correctness is needed to not offend any group of people in society and somehow or other holds language on the cultural level.
These days everyone is "offended" all the time.

I'm including myself

I'm offended by offended people to the point I, who never join any group have joined

P.O.O.P

People offended by offended people

The overwhelming amount of conformity and social conservatism in how people live their lives and in how people think. People are always going on and on about how "free" we are in the US, and how much "freedom" we have. That pisses me off.

The overwhelming amount of conformity and social conservatism in how people live their lives and in how people think. People are always going on and on about how "free" we are in the US, and how much "freedom" we have. That pisses me off.
You're right, we used to have more freedoms, the ones guaranteed in the Constitution, which was installed to protect us from Obama. Without the Constitution we'd have been a totalitarian Muslim country ages ago.

You're right, we used to have more freedoms, the ones guaranteed in the Constitution, which was installed to protect us from Obama. Without the Constitution we'd have been a totalitarian Muslim country ages ago.
Why must alleged conservatives turn politics into religious issues.

Forum List

Back