CDZ Karl Marx Was Right?

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
Marx warned that in the later stages of capitalism huge corporations would exercise a monopoly on global markets. These corporations, whether in the banking sector, the agricultural and food industries, the arms industries or the communications industries, would use their power, usually by seizing the mechanisms of state, to prevent anyone from challenging their monopoly. They would fix prices to maximize profit. They would, as they [have been doing], push through trade deals such as the TPP and CAFTA to further weaken the nation-state’s ability to impede exploitation by imposing environmental regulations or monitoring working conditions. And in the end these corporate monopolies would obliterate free market competition.

Chris Hedges Karl Marx Was Right - Chris Hedges -Truthdig

Don't get me wrong, I am not supporting Karl Marx and his theories but he clearly had a point on this one. America is run by a tiny group of elite inner-circle moneybags than cannot see beyond their personal interests. This information is not even hidden, so there is no conspiracy in my words. Money wins elections, money makes laws in this country, money decides which Mid Eastern country American glorious military is going to attack next. True democracy is possible when people elect their representatives, not money. What is good for GM is not always good for the country.
In order to reverse the course our political and economic elites should be split once again. I am not sure though it is even possible at this point.

Marx warned that in the later stages of capitalism huge corporations would exercise a monopoly on global markets. These corporations, whether in the banking sector, the agricultural and food industries, the arms industries or the communications industries, would use their power, usually by seizing the mechanisms of state, to prevent anyone from challenging their monopoly. They would fix prices to maximize profit. They would, as they [have been doing], push through trade deals such as the TPP and CAFTA to further weaken the nation-state’s ability to impede exploitation by imposing environmental regulations or monitoring working conditions. And in the end these corporate monopolies would obliterate free market competition.

Don't get me wrong, I am not supporting Karl Marx and his theories but he clearly had a point on this one. America is run by a tiny group of elite inner-circle moneybags than cannot see beyond their personal interests. This information is not even hidden, so there is no conspiracy in my words. Money wins elections, money makes laws in this country, money decides which Mid Eastern country American glorious military is going to attack next. True democracy is possible when people elect their representatives, not money. What is good for GM is not always good for the country.
In order to reverse the course our political and economic elites should be split once again. I am not sure though it is even possible at this point.
Marx was right because that's how things were when he was alive (1880s). We beat back the plutocrats once but I despair we might not be able to do it again.

Marx was right because that's how things were when he was alive (1880s). We beat back the plutocrats once but I despair we might not be able to do it again.
After the depression and their expulsion by FDR, they vowed to come back and regain their nation....

They've leveraged the system to their advantage. It's not the plutocrats - human nature is human nature. It's the system in which they have to operate. We The People have chosen not to change it.

Here's what I fear: That we will fail to act and change the system in time, and by the time we have finally had enough, we will overreact. That's also human nature.

They've leveraged the system to their advantage. It's not the plutocrats - human nature is human nature. It's the system in which they have to operate. We The People have chosen not to change it.

Here's what I fear: That we will fail to act and change the system in time, and by the time we have finally had enough, we will overreact. That's also human nature.

Yes, the aristocracy is always surprised to see the torches and pitchforks at the gate. They never ask themselves if they have went too far until their head is in a noose.

Yes, the aristocracy is always surprised to see the torches and pitchforks at the gate. They never ask themselves if they have went too far until their head is in a noose.
It's not as if the system is not fixable. It's not as if the system can't allow for dynamic growth with better controls. But those who would change it are...

... well, you know. Bought off, within the system.

Bit of a conundrum there, ay?

It is anyone's guess what the future holds, but it does seem we have passed the point of no return.

I suspect that since millions of Americans are oblivious and easily influenced by the power elite, that the power elite are safe and they know it. They are likely to win no matter what occurs.

One caveat might be one strong leader coming forth who unites the people, forcing moral and just change without the bloodbath....but I wonder if the nation is still capable of generating such a person.

After the depression and their expulsion by FDR, they vowed to come back and regain their nation....

Agreed. Money is more important than it should be. Politicians rely on their sponsors, sponsors pay politicians to influence national politics.
Those who pay, not those who receive money, call the shots. The system we have is even more dangerous than autocracy. Everyone tends to believe he is still free and has a right to influence politically important decisions.

What do you mean by overreacting? Going to deep into a planned economy grave?
America doesn't need planned economy. What America needs is fair and evenhanded free market economy with a number of adjustments to the current system. Should business be able to go overseas and expand? Yes. Should it has a right to outsource jobs? Probably. Should business be able to influence political process on behalf of all American citizens? Clearly not.

In order to reverse the wealth, power, and influence control of the U.S. government, voters MUST stop playing into the hands of those in control. Voters enable the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential to control legislation and policy. Each election cycle, the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential determine the names that appear on ballots. Then, voters select from that list. But, voters are blind to this process, or either voters just don't give a damn, one or the other.

As long as voters continue to play into the hands of those that control the process, we'll have no better than what we have now. Professional politicians are bought and paid for. Legislation and policy is bought and paid for. But, try to get voters to understand that truism. For some reason beyond my understanding, voters feel obligated to vote for those that the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential have placed on the ballots. And, once they vote, they spend the next two to four years complaining about what's wrong in this country. Voters continue to do the same thing on election days, yet expect a different result.

If you give a crook the keys to the bank and to the bank vault, and the crook robs the bank, who's fault is it that the bank got robbed? Surely you can't blame the crook. If you place a candy bowl where a small child can easily reach it, and tell the child not to eat the candy, but the child gets some candy from the bowl anyhow, who's fault is it that the child got into the candy? Surely you can't blame the small child. By the same token, if voters elect crooks to serve in government, and this country goes to hell in a hand basket, who's fault is it that we face multiple social and economic hardships? Surely you can't blame the crooks serving in government.

Each and every day, especially during campaign season, we hear voters take sides for either Republicans or for Democrats. They blame one side or the other for our many social and economic woes. Yet, we never hear them take the blame themselves for allowing the crooks to be in Washington in the first place. To hear voters talk, professional politicians just waltz into Washington and take a seat. We can live in denial if we wish to, but the cold hard truth is that we, the voters, allow what takes place in politics to happen. We give the crook the keys to the bank and to the bank vault.

Voters often ask, "what are we suppose to do, if not vote for someone on the ballot?" The answer is simply, "write-in a candidate of your choice." Stop playing the game. You can't win the game. The cards are stacked against you before the hand is dealt. Send a very strong message that you're no longer playing their game. We often hear voters use the excuse, or "cop-out", "I'll vote for the lesser of two evil." Or, they'll say, "I'm not going to waste my vote." Think about just how dumb and ignorant those excuses, or "cop-outs", are. In the first place, refer back to who places the names on the ballots. And secondly, if they're on the ballots, they are already bought and paid for. This isn't rocket science folks. It doesn't take an MIT graduate, nor a Philadelphia lawyer to see and understand the game.

The truth is that we've been sold out for many decades now, and we'll continue to be sold out until voters wake up and smell the coffee. Once elected to office, professional politicians exert their will, and not the will of the people. Basically, we give them Carte Blanche to do as they damn well please until the next election. We don't get to vote on the floors of Congress, nor do we sit in the oval office making policy. Forget about all of that Republican and Democrat BS, and start talking real change, and electing pro-America representatives to lead and run this once great nation. In addition, it's silly to bash Liberals, Conservatives, Moderates, Right Wings, and Left Wings. Bash the entire "Washington Brotherhood". They're all crooks, they all sell their votes on the floors of Congress, and they all accept favors and gifts.

It's not as if the system is not fixable. It's not as if the system can't allow for dynamic growth with better controls. But those who would change it are...

If the system can be fixed in theory (as almost any political system), but cannot be fixed in reality this system cannot be fixed at all. As Mac1958 said, it is all in human nature. A good politician will almost certainly turn to corporate interests sooner or later. Otherwise he will be displaced or reached by influential stakeholders. Even if not, it is hard to fight corruption Rambo-style, when you are all alone.

In order to reverse the wealth, power, and influence control of the U.S. government, voters MUST stop playing into the hands of those in control. Voters enable the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential to control legislation and policy. Each election cycle, the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential determine the names that appear on ballots. Then, voters select from that list. But, voters are blind to this process, or either voters just don't give a damn, one or the other.

As long as voters continue to play into the hands of those that control the process, we'll have no better than what we have now. Professional politicians are bought and paid for. Legislation and policy is bought and paid for. But, try to get voters to understand that truism. For some reason beyond my understanding, voters feel obligated to vote for those that the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential have placed on the ballots. And, once they vote, they spend the next two to four years complaining about what's wrong in this country. Voters continue to do the same thing on election days, yet expect a different result.

If you give a crook the keys to the bank and to the bank vault, and the crook robs the bank, who's fault is it that the bank got robbed? Surely you can't blame the crook. If you place a candy bowl where a small child can easily reach it, and tell the child not to eat the candy, but the child gets some candy from the bowl anyhow, who's fault is it that the child got into the candy? Surely you can't blame the small child. By the same token, if voters elect crooks to serve in government, and this country goes to hell in a hand basket, who's fault is it that we face multiple social and economic hardships? Surely you can't blame the crooks serving in government.

Each and every day, especially during campaign season, we hear voters take sides for either Republicans or for Democrats. They blame one side or the other for our many social and economic woes. Yet, we never hear them take the blame themselves for allowing the crooks to be in Washington in the first place. To hear voters talk, professional politicians just waltz into Washington and take a seat. We can live in denial if we wish to, but the cold hard truth is that we, the voters, allow what takes place in politics to happen. We give the crook the keys to the bank and to the bank vault.

Voters often ask, "what are we suppose to do, if not vote for someone on the ballot?" The answer is simply, "write-in a candidate of your choice." Stop playing the game. You can't win the game. The cards are stacked against you before the hand is dealt. Send a very strong message that you're no longer playing their game. We often hear voters use the excuse, or "cop-out", "I'll vote for the lesser of two evil." Or, they'll say, "I'm not going to waste my vote." Think about just how dumb and ignorant those excuses, or "cop-outs", are. In the first place, refer back to who places the names on the ballots. And secondly, if they're on the ballots, they are already bought and paid for. This isn't rocket science folks. It doesn't take an MIT graduate, nor a Philadelphia lawyer to see and understand the game.

The truth is that we've been sold out for many decades now, and we'll continue to be sold out until voters wake up and smell the coffee. Once elected to office, professional politicians exert their will, and not the will of the people. Basically, we give them Carte Blanche to do as they damn well please until the next election. We don't get to vote on the floors of Congress, nor do we sit in the oval office making policy. Forget about all of that Republican and Democrat BS, and start talking real change, and electing pro-America representatives to lead and run this once great nation. In addition, it's silly to bash Liberals, Conservatives, Moderates, Right Wings, and Left Wings. Bash the entire "Washington Brotherhood". They're all crooks, they all sell their votes on the floors of Congress, and they all accept favors and gifts.
Agreed mostly.

However I do not believe voting differently will change anything. We will still have pols doing what pols do.

We must limit the power pols acquire along with drastic limits on the power of the central government. We must also limit their ability to access money.

It is anyone's guess what the future holds, but it does seem we have passed the point of no return.

I suspect that since millions of Americans are oblivious and easily influenced by the power elite, that the power elite are safe and they know it. They are likely to win no matter what occurs.

One caveat might be one strong leader coming forth who unites the people, forcing moral and just change without the bloodbath....but I wonder if the nation is still capable of generating such a person.

I am afraid caveat is not coming. We are hog-tied, deprived of our political representation and left to fend for ourselves. Haven't you noticed nation-wide revolts don't happen in the XXI century without 'foreign aid'? Who is strong enough in this world to oppose American establishment and counter US military? Nobody.

Thanks for a profound and well-considered post!

It is past time to rescue capitalism from the greed of capitalists. The power elite, with the help of five members of the Supreme Court has created the means to remake our country into an oligarchy, millionaire members of Congress and the Billionaires who own them will make the laws which increase their power, control and wealth at the expense of We the People.

If the system can be fixed in theory (as almost any political system), but cannot be fixed in reality this system cannot be fixed at all. As Mac1958 said, it is all in human nature. A good politician will almost certainly turn to corporate interests sooner or later. Otherwise he will be displaced or reached by influential stakeholders. Even if not, it is hard to fight corruption Rambo-style, when you are all alone.
A strong pro-America leader can use the power of the people to force positive and meaningful change. A strong leader will call on the people to protest, march, and join forces on the steps of the Capitol and call Congress out into the street. A strong pro-America leader can use the power of the people to demand pro-America legislation and policy. The voice of the people can be a very powerful tool if used correctly. Voting, as we have it now, is useless and a waste of time. We're asked to vote for someone that has already been bought and paid for. And voters fall for it and play the game.

The answer is to elect someone that will stand and fight for America, by whatever means necessary. The answer is to show the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential, that America is no longer for sale. The answer is to find someone that is a true American and can't be bought. The answer is to find someone that will use the power of the people, and not try to go it alone. Obama was elected by the largest margin in history. He had the power of the people behind him, in support of him, and willing to stand with him. But, did he use that power? Has he ever led the people a la MLK, arm-in-arm, marching and protesting? Has he ever asked the American people to surround the Capitol and call Congress out into the street? No, he hasn't done a damn thing except play politics as usual.

Collectivism is the illness. Men who centralize governments and create large pots of money are to blame. There is no fixing it unless we go back to the system the Founders intended, which was for states to run their own affairs. Ironically, all Marxist regimes end up being this way

Power corrupts, so divide the power. Why should the President tell me what to do in every aspect of my life, whether it be finding a doctor or getting an education for my kids?

Support the Article V movement that would let states amend the Constitution and take back power from the federal beast.

Agreed mostly.

However I do not believe voting differently will change anything. We will still have pols doing what pols do.

We must limit the power pols acquire along with drastic limits on the power of the central government. We must also limit their ability to access money.
Then don't vote for anyone that the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential have placed on the ballots. A very simple solution. Just send a very strong message that you're no longer playing the game.

I am afraid caveat is not coming. We are hog-tied, deprived of our political representation and left to fend for ourselves. Haven't you noticed nation-wide revolts don't happen in the XXI century without 'foreign aid'? Who is strong enough in this world to oppose American establishment and counter US military? Nobody.
You may be right. However throughout history there have been strong moral and just individuals who changed the course of history. It can happen again, but it will not be easy. Anyone who steps forward will be attacked by the establishment.

Forum List

Back