What Is A "robot?"

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
I see we have members, guests and robots on the boards. I figured out the members and guests, but just sat there and thought and thought. A sock? Nah, no one admits that. Darn...could not come up with what a robot was. Anyone here knows?

I see we have members, guests and robots on the boards. I figured out the members and guests, but just sat there and thought and thought. A sock? Nah, no one admits that. Darn...could not come up with what a robot was. Anyone here knows?

Also known as web crawlers, automated scripts gather information about web sites to improve their search functions. Some web crawlers also serve the purpose of archiving websites for nostalgic purposes.

HERE is what the US Message Board front page looked like in 2003. HERE is what the forums looked like.

Last edited:
As of 7:39, Monday evening, 9/15/2014, we had 589 entities on board. 125 members,291 guests and 173 mysterious robots. Do they lean left or right? Are they moderates?

Or crawl around looking to archive something?

As of 7:39, Monday evening, 9/15/2014, we had 589 entities on board. 125 members,291 guests and 173 mysterious robots. Do they lean left or right? Are they moderates?

All of the above. And some alphabet bots. Mostly adbots though.

You KNOW that NSA and Homeland Security are AVID fans of USMB..
But they choose not to have a spiffy avatar or nickname. And MIT is probably experimenting with some web search projects and using your posts as training for artificial intelligence projects..

Bahaha. Half of the members are socks of some other member. The NSA could care less.

Forum List

Back