What “is” a radio signal-?

Radio waves can travel through solid objects and travel in a vacuum and the only way we know it exists is that we can detect its passing. It is real and so it exists and since it exists it must occupy space and time; making it an element that someday will be added to the periodic table.

Wrong. It isn't a piece of physical matter.
Sorry but your statement makes absolutely no sense.
As far as we know. Since it takes time for them to move they must have a physical form. Just because modern science is not smart enough to figure it out doesnt mean its not physical.

Interestingly, plants use pretty much the same tiny slice of the electromagnetic spectrum to fuel their biology.
This points to the fact that we are descended from the same primitive life forms as plants.
Not only descended from apes, but, ultimately, related to cabbages...
“The time has come," the Walrus said, “To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax-- Of cabbages--and kings"
Lewis Carroll

I know we know how to detect a radio signal.

I know we know how to send a radio signal.

I know a radio signal can travel through a vacuum.

I know a radio signal can travel through a solid object.

But this does not tell me what a radio signal “IS”.

Anybody have a clue?
Controlled static...

But the bottom line, as far as we are concerned, is that radio waves are 'light' that we can't see with our eyes.

I thought "light" was a product of photons.

as in---
The photon is the fundamental particle of visible light.

In some ways, visible light behaves like a wave phenomenon, but in other respects it acts like a stream of high-speed, submicroscopic particles. Isaac Newton was one of the first scientists to theorize that light consists of particles. Modern physicists have demonstrated that the energy in any electromagnetic field is made up of discrete packets. The term photon (meaning "visible-light particle") was coined for these energy packets. Particle-like behavior is not restricted to the visible-light portion of the electromagnetic radiation spectrum, however. Radio waves, infrared rays, visible light, ultraviolet rays, X rays, and gamma rays all consist of photons, each of which contains a particular amount of energy that depends on the wavelength.
What is photon? - Definition from WhatIs.com

A photon has mass; a radio wave does not.
A photon does not have mass or it would never achieve the speed of light. F = ma and a = Δv ÷ Δt. All of the particles you named above are photons of differing enrgy levels. To put it simply.

But the bottom line, as far as we are concerned, is that radio waves are 'light' that we can't see with our eyes.

as in---

In some ways, visible light behaves like a wave phenomenon, but in other respects it acts like a stream of high-speed, submicroscopic particles. Isaac Newton was one of the first scientists to theorize that light consists of particles. Modern physicists have demonstrated that the energy in any electromagnetic field is made up of discrete packets. The term photon (meaning "visible-light particle") was coined for these energy packets. Particle-like behavior is not restricted to the visible-light portion of the electromagnetic radiation spectrum, however. Radio waves, infrared rays, visible light, ultraviolet rays, X rays, and gamma rays all consist of photons, each of which contains a particular amount of energy that depends on the wavelength.

A photon does not have mass or it would never achieve the speed of light. F = ma and a = Δv ÷ Δt. All of the particles you named above are photons of differing enrgy levels. To put it simply.

Simply? The problem is: A photon has energy and normally mass and energy are the same (E=m*c^2). Indeed you are right, but in case a photon will be absorbed from any system, then the mass of this system will grow delta-m=E/c^2. What I do not understand - and I fear no one normally understands this (except he is a member of the allknowing atheists of the English speaking world, who are misusing physics as a kind of atheistic religion) - is: If the speed of this system grows now, then the mass, which was once the energy of the photon, will grow to an endless mass too, when this system will reach the lightspeed. But why is the energy of a photon at lightspeed limited - while the same energy - when it was converted to a mass (=frozen energy) - is unlimited high at lightspeed? Are you able to explain this?

Last edited:

as in---

Simply? The problem is: A photon has energy and normally mass and energy are the same (E=m*c^2). Indeed you are right, but in case a photon will be absorbed from any system, then the mass of this system will grow delta-m=E/c^2. What I do not understand - and I fear no one normally understands this (except he is a member of the allknowing atheists of the English speaking world, who are misusing physics as a kind of atheistic religion) - is: If the speed of this system grows now, then the mass, which was once the energy of the photon, will grow to an endless mass too, when this system will reach the lightspeed. But why is the energy of a photon at lightspeed limited - while the same energy - when it was converted to a mass (=frozen energy) - is unlimited high at lightspeed? Are you able to explain this?

Well mathmatically solve for c and there is your answer c=√e/m the limit is clearly from surrounding mass. No mass to shed electromagnetic radiation and the speed of light becomes infinity,Planks law may help explain this how ever I am not a pro. I have to live while considering these mystories and have to admit I do not have a full understanding of Planks but am working on it. I am going to say I guess because that is what it is but I beleive that mass is made of energy but mass is a system of energy with enough angular momentum to form a vortex at the center it reaches some sort of equilibrium and the eneregy circles the vortex until energy is added and equilbrium is disturbed that energy is them spun off in the form of a photon or electromagnetic radiation to be absorbed by other mass. It is appearing as though gravity is transfered through electromagnetic radiation which is supposed to be less energetic than a photon and that is why people think that super conductors are the way to defy gravity. This is where I get confused because eletromagnetic radiation is supposed to be less energetic than a light photon but there is evidence that gravity or at least the effects of gravity actually moves faster than light. I think we are talking about this spooky action at a distance thing at this point. The mechanics of this I do not understand. My only thought is that multi diminsional solutions are the only way to explain this. Once two atoms are entangled it must create a 2d diminsion between them. Is this right fuck if I know it is the only solution I have at the moment. Food for thought anyway.

as in---

Well mathmatically solve for c and there is your answer c=√e/m the limit is clearly from surrounding mass.

Hä? Do you understand what you say here? When you turn your face into the sun then you feel the energy of the sun on your skin. And this energy is equivalent to mass: E=m/c^2 <=> m=E*c^2

No mass to shed electromagnetic radiation and the speed of light becomes infinity,

So why do we use the same word for different physical things? The speed of light is by the way an absolute constant - so it is not able to be infinite.

Planks law

What is "Planks law"? Energy exists not in a continuum but in packages?

may help explain this how ever I am not a pro.

Bad luck. I would really like to understand the problem why electromagnetic radiation moves with the speed of light and has a finite energy. And what the equivalence of mass and energy really means. Little Boy and Fat Man showed what is able ot happen - but death is not the answer.

I have to live while considering these mystories and have to admit I do not have a full understanding of Planks but am working on it. I am going to say I guess because that is what it is but I beleive that mass is made of energy but mass is a system of energy with enough angular momentum to form a vortex at the center it reaches some sort of equilibrium and the eneregy circles the vortex until energy is added and equilbrium is disturbed that energy is them spun off in the form of a photon or electromagnetic radiation to be absorbed by other mass. It is appearing as though gravity is transfered through electromagnetic radiation which is supposed to be less energetic than a photon and that is why people think that super conductors are the way to defy gravity.

Sounds not very plausible in my ears. In general the idea "energy" was one of the most astonishing ideas human beings ever had. No one is able to create or to destroy energy and energy exists in lots of ways. I do not think energy on it own has a special form. All forms of energy are able to be converted into other forms of energy and/or matter (mass).

This is where I get confused because eletromagnetic radiation is supposed to be less energetic than a light photon

Electromagnetic radiation and light is the same. I heard if the spectrum of light show a distance of an octave on a keyboard (8 wihte and 5 black keys) then the full electromagnetic spectrum would be a keyboard with 15 m length. So only a giant or many dwarfs are able to play this instrument.

but there is evidence that gravity or at least the effects of gravity actually moves faster than light.

No. The space itselve is able to move with a higher speed than light speed. But gravity causes waves too. The 10 events of gravity waves, which they were able to find until today, have a distance and a time which is comparable with other astronomical views. We always take a look into the past within the cosmos, because of the speed of light.

I think we are talking about this spooky action at a distance thing at this point.

A "spooky action" (Einstein said so to make a joke) is something else. This has to do with quantum entanglement. I'm always fascinated to hear Professor Zeilinger in this context. He gives everyone the feeling he knows very well what he is speaking about. If I interpret this in the right way then a quantum entanglement system is perhaps always only the same system, even if it's connected particles are billions of ligthyears far from each other. So perhaps not only time is an illusion (Einstein said so to give consolation to the wife of a dead colleague) - perhaps space is an illusion too. Fortunatelly we are able to cross a road with "our" illusions about space and time and the car, which drives some minutes later on the position where we were some minutes before, is not killing us.

The mechanics of this I do not understand.

You make me happy with this sentence. It's diffcult to find members of the English speaking world who are not an allknowing god on themselves living in a world full of evilwilling idiots.

My only thought is that multi diminsional solutions are the only way to explain this.

I doubt about. When for example a hyper globe with 4 dimensions in space would cross your way then you would see a point in the space growing to a globe (in three dimensions) reaching a maximum and your woudl see it shrinkgin to a point again, when it leaves your perception in the fourth dimension of space. I never saw something like this. And I never heard someone saw something like this.

Once two atoms are entangled it must create a 2d diminsion between them.

A kind of tunnel? Why not? ... Or perhaps there's indeed no space between them.

Is this right fuck if I know it is the only solution I have at the moment. Food for thought anyway.

The funny thing: Physics is the most simple sciene - speaking about the most simple objects. :lol:

Last edited:

as in---

Well mathmatically solve for c and there is your answer c=√e/m the limit is clearly from surrounding mass.

Hä? Do you understand what you say here? When you turn your face into the sun then you feel the energy of the sun on your skin. And this energy is equivalent to mass: E=m/c^2 <=> m=E*c^2

No mass to shed electromagnetic radiation and the speed of light becomes infinity,

So why do we use the same word for different physical things? The speed of light is by the way an absolute constant - so it is not able to be infinite.

Planks law

Bad luck. I would really like to understand the problem why electromagnetic radiation moves with the speed of light and has a finite energy. And what the equivalence of mass and energy really means. Little Boy and Fat Man showed what is able ot happen - but death is not the answer.

I have to live while considering these mystories and have to admit I do not have a full understanding of Planks but am working on it. I am going to say I guess because that is what it is but I beleive that mass is made of energy but mass is a system of energy with enough angular momentum to form a vortex at the center it reaches some sort of equilibrium and the eneregy circles the vortex until energy is added and equilbrium is disturbed that energy is them spun off in the form of a photon or electromagnetic radiation to be absorbed by other mass. It is appearing as though gravity is transfered through electromagnetic radiation which is supposed to be less energetic than a photon and that is why people think that super conductors are the way to defy gravity.

Sounds not very plausible in my ears. In general the idea "energy" was one of the most astonishing ideas human beings ever had. No one is able to create or to destroy energy and energy exists in lots of ways. I do not think energy on it own has a special form. All forms of energy are able to be converted into other forms of energy and/or matter (mass).

This is where I get confused because eletromagnetic radiation is supposed to be less energetic than a light photon

Electromagnetic radiation and light is the same. I heard if the spectrum of light show a distance of an octave on a keyboard (8 wihte and 5 black keys) then the full electromagnetic spectrum would be a keyboard with 15 m length. So only a giant or many dwarfs are able to play this instrument.

but there is evidence that gravity or at least the effects of gravity actually moves faster than light.

No. The space itselve is able to move with a higher speed than light speed. But gravity causes waves too. The 10 events of gravity waves, which they were able to find until today, have a distance and a time which is comparable with other astronomical views. We always take a look into the past within the cosmos, because of the speed of light.

I think we are talking about this spooky action at a distance thing at this point.

A "spooky action" (Einstein said so to make a joke) is something else. This has to do with quantum entanglement. I'm always fascinated to hear Professor Zeilinger in this context. He gives everyone the feeling he knows very well what he is speaking about. If I interpret this in the right way then a quantum entanglement system is perhaps always only the same system, even if it's connected particles are billions of ligthyears far from each other. So perhaps not only time is an illusion (Einstein said so to give consolation to the wife of a dead colleague) - perhaps space is an illusion too. Fortunatelly we are able to cross a road with "our" illusions about space and time and the car, which drives some minutes later on the position where we were some minutes before, is not killing us.

You make me happy with this sentence. It's diffcult to find members of the English speaking world who are not an allknowing god on themselves living in a world full of evilwilling idiots.

My only thought is that multi diminsional solutions are the only way to explain this.

I doubt about. When for example a hyper globe with 4 dimensions in space would cross your way then you would see a point in the space growing to a globe (in three dimensions) reaching a maximum and your woudl see it shrinkgin to a point again, when it leaves your perception in the fourth dimension of space. I never saw something like this. And I never heard someone saw something like this.

Is this right fuck if I know it is the only solution I have at the moment. Food for thought anyway.

The funny thing: Physics is the most simple sciene - speaking about the most simple objects. :lol:

Do your math the drive m toward zero and what happens to c. Light slows or even stops in or near a black hole. Light is bent by the sun. Experiments have proven that light slows around large masses. There fore it is faster with no mass. This one you will have to prove to me through experiment.

as in---

Planks law

o your math the drive m toward zero and what happens to c. Light slows or even stops in or near a black hole.

No. It falls just simple into the black hole. Same is doing for example an astronaut too. He just simple oversteps the event horizon and that's it. He's able to see everything as usual what falls from outside into the black hole. The starlight for example. He's without gravity because he falls. But it will happen that the power of the gravity of the black hole grows so enormous that the difference between two points of the body of the astronaut becomes a problem and this will transform the body of the austronaut into a kind of ultra-thin spaghetti. I heard from outside of the black hole we will see the austronaut freezing at the event horizon (time expansion) and this picture will slowly fade out.

Light is bent by the sun.

The space is bent by the mass of the sun.

Experiments have proven that light slows around large masses.

Only under very special conditions and how big is the bandwidth in such a case? Nano-meters? I don't think such an experiment is possible.

There fore it is faster with no mass.

Light is always moving with light speed (in the vacuum). What you will "see" in this case is the time-dilatation itselve.

This one you will have to prove to me through experiment.

I don't travel in the near of black holes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back