What if you woke up one morning and evil didn't exist any more?

Evil is what it is, not what you want it to be.

Define it.
Name all that is evil.
Good luck.
Too easy, evil is all that goes against God.

The bible says that God created ALL things. That means there is NOTHING God did not create, including evil. It was created to give us the choice, freedom of choice between good and evil. The choice to be in heaven or hell. Every day everyone makes that choice. Choose evil, the consequences are hell. That's why Jesus said, "The kingdom of heaven is at hand. If heaven is in the sky the birds are before you." You stand in the third level of heaven. God resides in the seventh level. Jesus also said, "In my fathers house there are many mansions."
In Revelations it says that there will come a point in time when evil will be done away with. The choices will all be made.
What are the seven realms of heaven

And I respect your belief on this issue even if I cannot share it.

I just know a world in which everything has an opposite. There is no up if there is not also a down. There is no in if there is not also an out. There cannot be love if there is not also an absence of love. Does the fact that God's creation includes such dichotomies mean that he invented what is evil? I just can't accept that as the God I know wants only blessings and what is good and uplifting and beneficial for all of us. But he cannot allow free will--giving us choice so that we can know the joy of learning and discovery--without allowing bad choices as well as good choices.

I honestly don't know the answer to this. It is on my list of questions that is the one thing I want to take with me when I leave this life. But given that we are strictly forbidden to attribute that which is evil to God, I just have to go with my gut on this one. :)

if what you called evil was gone, a new definition of evil would arise as nothing would be good.

spring is awesome b/c of winter

If evil was "gone", everything would be good. Not "nothing would be good." Illogical.

if what you called evil was gone, a new definition of evil would arise as nothing would be good.

If evil was "gone", everything would be good. Not "nothing would be good." Illogical.

Our references would change.

If the worse thing ever was an ingrown toenail, people that got them would cry that god had forsaken them.

If people didn't kill each other, a shoulder bump would become a grievous assault.

basically, you can't have an evil free life, human nature won't allow a vacuum

Then this forum would have significant less discussion.

On a more serious note, if evil ceased to exist, so would good. They define one another.

No more greed. No more crime. No more war. No more money. No more disease. No more death. No more hate. No more murder.
If evil didn't exist, then Adam and Eve would not have been deceived. If evil didn't exist, then nobody would do anything wrong. It would be peace, love and brotherhood. I wonder how many couldn't live in a world like that.

Why on Earth did I click on this thread looking for a chance to actually delve into philosophy? Most of that shit you mentioned is not evil. Then you want to retroactively eliminate not evil on the basis that we are better off without it, without actually telling us why.

Last edited:
Spread the word...You girls aren't conservative....

I don't have bodacious boobs so I think it is safe to say I am Conservative.

But back to the topic ... If evil didn't exist then there wouldn't be anything to bitch about.
The question posed in the OP is retarded ...Not because it asks about good or evil.
It is retarded because it makes assumption about what other people would do or think in the absence of evil ... But still measures people by the evil that doesn't exist.

If we awoke one morning and evil had ceased to exist, then religion would have finally been eradicated.

That goes on the list of dumbest things I ever read.

ranking; #5

but keep trying, TM loves the company

Especially considering religion is designed to erradicate evil in the hearts of men. If evil ceased, then religion has succeeded and proved it's merits.

No more greed. No more crime. No more war. No more money. No more disease. No more death. No more hate. No more murder.
If evil didn't exist, then Adam and Eve would not have been deceived. If evil didn't exist, then nobody would do anything wrong. It would be peace, love and brotherhood. I wonder how many couldn't live in a world like that.

Without evil the world would kill itself off in days. You MUST have the opposite to compare yourself to. If evil didn't exist then neither would good and people would simply be animals killing one another without any remoarse or interest in not doing so.

Additionally, if evil didn't exist for any length of time, good would simply split off into more-good and less-good, with the less-good becomming the new defacto evil.

Why Did G-d Create Evil? - Inner Stream - Parsha

"Thus G‑d created a world in which goodness and evil are equal options, and He created humanity with the freedom to choose. Our penchant for goodness is not greater than our proclivity for evil; we are evenly balanced. If we want to embrace goodness we must make a choice, and choices reflect who we are. We are not forced into goodness by powers beyond ourselves. We are moved by our choice, by an inner conviction that goodness is right. This inner resolve reflects the goodness within our souls and comes as close as humanity can possibly come to being inherently good."

Last edited:

Our references would change.

If the worse thing ever was an ingrown toenail, people that got them would cry that god had forsaken them.

If people didn't kill each other, a shoulder bump would become a grievous assault.

basically, you can't have an evil free life, human nature won't allow a vacuum

You are still trying to make evil continue to exist. Nature is not against God.

On a more serious note, if evil ceased to exist, so would good. They define one another.

Just another devil's advocate that tries to fool people into believing God can't exist without the devil.

Sure is a bunch of posters here that will refuse to go to heaven, because they can't live without evil. You have made your choice. Poor you.

Last edited:

Just another devil's advocate that tries to fool people into believing God can't exist without the devil.

But if there is no up without a down, no in without an out, no left without a right, no hot without cold, etc., does it not follow that a perfect God could not exist without also there being an absence of God which perhaps is what evil is?

Is it evil to call the OP stupid? To accuse and insult each other who come from a different perspective that we ourselves do? Is it evil or good to say God created evil while others say that would be illogical and would reprimand those we see as heretics?

What is the force of the universe that prompts us to behave in that way and does our opinion reflect virtue? Or evil? Or is that phenomenon neutral in the concept of evil?
Your OP suggested the absence of evil would further universal peace, love, brotherhood etc. Do you think we each would see such a world in the same way? Define those terms identically? Is the fact that we would not in itself also a kind of evil?

The ambiguities associated with each of us in what would be the perfect, evil-free world suggests that to remove all evil would also remove all our individuality. And who among us would think that a good thing?

Forum List

Back