What if there was a cure for mortality ?

Well ? Aren't you going to roast me over the coals for implying life is a disease ?

Well ? Aren't you going to roast me over the coals for implying life is a disease ?
Why? Flesh here on earth is nothing more than a container. It grows, grows old and dies.

damn---I was fishing for Kitten and look what I hooked. :lol:
We both now how much I like my down comforters. They remind me of the softness of the clouds.

I have immortality coming to me. Not only immortality, but immortality in a body that will not age, will not disease, and will be mine to use in an eternity of joyful celebration with my Lord, the angels, and other saints who follow him.

Yeah, I'll take it, thanks.

PS...I like life NOW. I can't imagine how much more I'll like it without pain, sorrow and death.

Well.....would I want to live forever? Yep. Always something new. Just look at what people who have lived to 100 TODAY have seen......who'd want to turn their backs on that?

Besides.........John 3:16 states, "For God so loved the World, that He gave His only begotten Son, so that whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have Everlasting Life".

Who's gonna turn their backs on that?

Besides......ya can't kill a spirit (usually). Ever hear of ghosts?

PS...I like life NOW. I can't imagine how much more I'll like it without pain, sorrow and death.

sounds boring

I think that's sad, that people think life is only worth living if they are either in pain, causing others pain, witnessing pain.

How much fun that must be for your kids, I can't even imagine. Someone who isn't happy unless things are miserable.

sounds boring

I think that's sad, that people think life is only worth living if they are either in pain, causing others pain, witnessing pain.

How much fun that must be for your kids, I can't even imagine. Someone who isn't happy unless things are miserable.

there is no joy without sorrow, nor life without death. sorry you disagree and need to focus on pain.

bring my kids up again and i'll bounce your ass outta here quicker than you can say the lord's prayer.

What rubbish. Children who have never known sorrow certainly experience joy and happiness in spades. I'm not happy because I've experienced pain and sorrow. I'm happy because I like what I'm doing, how I'm doing, who I'm doing it with, and so on and so forth.

What rubbish. Children who have never known sorrow certainly experience joy and happiness in spades. I'm not happy because I've experienced pain and sorrow. I'm happy because I like what I'm doing, how I'm doing, who I'm doing it with, and so on and so forth.

Hey Allie, ever heard of Siddhartha Gotma? He was the first Buddha.

He never knew any sorrow or pain for the first 18 years, because he was protected.

It's the bad times that make you stronger. Now.......once you have that down, it also becomes your most potent asset, because when you meet someone with the same problem, you can share with them how you got through.

That also brings a HUGE amount of joy and happiness. Trust the word of someone who was orphaned at 8, molested physically, mentally, as well as beaten regularly from 6-12.

It's the very things that used to drag me down which lift me up today. Learned that from a friend of mine named Ned.

You would not know you are happy unless you were sad at some point. You would not know you are feeling good if you do not get hurt sometimes. We grow and learn from the bad stuff more than the good stuff, and we can't see the good without something to compare it to.

You would not know you are happy unless you were sad at some point. You would not know you are feeling good if you do not get hurt sometimes. We grow and learn from the bad stuff more than the good stuff, and we can't see the good without something to compare it to.

so you used to have a whopper of a sex drive ? :eek:

so you used to have a whopper of a sex drive ? :eek:

OCD anyone? Didn't I say I can't compare my life to anyone else because of that fact? I am sure I did several times.

Forum List

Back