What If The President Was Mormon?

GotZoom said:
I wonder if the cause de jour would be Mormon bashing instead of Christian bashing as it is now.
Most are too ignorant to understand the difference.... they lump Christians and Mormons into the same group. So it would just be more of the same.

So I guess what I am saying is no. If he were anything but Christian, he probably would not have been elected. Just my thought.

freeandfun1 said:
I doubt it... nobody made hay of Kerry being Catholic. The left just hates "Christians".

Actually the idea that he claims to be Catholic pisses me off! You can't be 'pro-choice' and Catholic. Leave the Church and join a liberal Christian Protestant group.

GotZoom said:
I wonder if the cause de jour would be Mormon bashing instead of Christian bashing as it is now.

Only if he were a Republican. Carter "wore his religion" on his sleeve, and there was no open backlash because of it. Of course, the rules seemed to be different for a lot of things for Carter. Despite the fact that Carter was a Democrat and Democrats were in the majority at the time, words like "tyranny" and "totalitarianism" never came up. When Iranians were burning American flags in the street, we didn't insist that it was all Jimmy Carter's fault, we were angry with the Iranians.

Maybe people never thought of words like tyranny or blamed Carter for much because our minds would wander to far while waiting in those gas lines.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Only if he were a Republican. Carter "wore his religion" on his sleeve, and there was no open backlash because of it. Of course, the rules seemed to be different for a lot of things for Carter. Despite the fact that Carter was a Democrat and Democrats were in the majority at the time, words like "tyranny" and "totalitarianism" never came up. When Iranians were burning American flags in the street, we didn't insist that it was all Jimmy Carter's fault, we were angry with the Iranians.

Maybe people never thought of words like tyranny or blamed Carter for much because our minds would wander to far while waiting in those gas lines.

Carter has never met a dictator he didn't like...

What if the president was a Marmon? Why, I guess we'd clean him up, restore him, and put him in a classic car show.

Oh....MORMON!

never mind....

musicman said:
What if the president was a Marmon? Why, I guess we'd clean him up, restore him, and put him in a classic car show.

Oh....MORMON!

never mind....

Varoom

Attachments

• $espn.jpg
    $espn.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 66
GotZoom said:

I'm going to disagree just a bit here. I don't believe that the left is really bashing Christians per se, I believe that their ire is fueled by basically two things.

One - They hate George Bush, ergo anything which George Bush supports, they revile. They are so rabid and unreasonable in their blind hatred for the President that they will go so far as to jepoardize the safety of our military fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. So it should be no surprise that they will characterize Christianity as a dangerous thing.

Two - The left is an eclectic assortment of groups whose aim is toward a sort of secularist totalitarianism. They tend to view religious beliefs not as the core of our nation's laws and principles, but rather as an ancillary attachment to our society which needs to be kept in check lest it spread like some kind of fungus.

The left has become a victim of its own so-called "inclusionary" philosophy. Even before being soundly rejected by mostly Christian voters in the last election, the left desperately sought to bring into their fold every fringe group and nutbar cause under the sun. NAMBLA would not seek to join the Republican party, neither would the plethora of homosexual groups, or those who seek to weaken our nation through unbridled illegal immigration. So now the left is stuck. They cannot embrace Christianity because Christianity requires adherence to or abstinence from certain types of conduct. Christianity makes value judgements. Christianity teaches that some things are wrong and must be avoided.

So that's why the left derides Christianity. The Democrats have a party cobbled together much like a patchwork Frankenstein. Competing interests and conflicting philosophies pull and push at the Democratic party. If they attempt to impose some modicum of decency into the cesspool they have created, they will end up losing support, if not splintering the party outright. The left believes in the law of man - because that can be changed on a whim to suit whatever cause celebre' they favor at the moment. Heaven forbid that they should find themselves tied to a Christian standard of conduct. What would they say to the substantial collection of perverts and nut cases who currently call the Democratic party their home?

Merlin1047 said:
I'm going to disagree just a bit here. I don't believe that the left is really bashing Christians per se, I believe that their ire is fueled by basically two things.

One - They hate George Bush, ergo anything which George Bush supports, they revile. They are so rabid and unreasonable in their blind hatred for the President that they will go so far as to jepoardize the safety of our military fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. So it should be no surprise that they will characterize Christianity as a dangerous thing.

My point exactly. That is the basis if my thread. If GB was Mormon, would all their hatred for Christianity now be focused to the Mormon religion.

To that extent, it wouldn't surprise me if they all rallied against fly-fishing and backgammon if these were to of the President's favorite past times.

"......blind hatred for the President....."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

gop_jeff said:
Hopefully Jessica Simpson... :D

Intellectual upgrade! And easier on the eyes, hoooo mama.

Speaking of, latest greatest Bushism:

"It seemed like to me they based some of their decisions on the word of — and the allegations — by people who were held in detention, people who hate America, people that had been trained in some instances to disassemble — that means not tell the truth."

Ok, this has got to be my favorite to date; not only does he stumble and studder, not only does he follow his tried and true formula of condescending and explaining multisyllabic words to his base in an 'sorry bout it but I have to use these words 'cause I'm el presidente' kind of way, but he says 'disassemble' instead of 'dissemble' when he's talking about terrorists! Those fellas have been known to disassemble! A double whammy! Watch out Dan Quayle...

haha, yeah man...

Jon Stewart's commentary was my favorite... "no Mr. President, the word you were looking for is dissemble, dissasemble is what you did to Iraq."

Touche' good sir. Touche'.

Here is another of my favorite bushisms

"See in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." GWB

Someone else said that...

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." Joseph Goebbels, Hiter's Nazi Propaganda Minister.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/may2005/260505newbushism.htm

Nobody should let that man adlib. He proves his own retardation daily. But hey, "he's a good man, and tries hard too!"

Forum List

Back