What if the newly armed teacher shoots the wrong kid? "Oops?"

NEW YORK – All nine people wounded during a dramatic confrontation between police and a gunman outside the Empire State Building were struck by bullets fired by the two officers, police said Saturday, citing ballistics evidence.

NYPD: 9 shooting bystander victims hit by police gunfire | Fox News

Now here's a story from Fox News where well trained police "accidently" shot 9 innocent bystanders. Nine!

All shot by police.

Oops.

Sorry.

Now suppose teachers do the same thing.

Is it still:

Oops,

sorry?

Will teachers be exempt from prosecution? How much "collateral damage" is OK?

The NYC Police Department needs to spend serious time at Front Sight

That was pretty bad. I can shoot better than that, and I can barely hit the broadside of a barn.

What if you fired shots in order to protect your children but only managed to shoot innocent bystanders

Does that still make it okay?

My aim is better than that.

Have you ever been in the middle of a shooting? If you had, you would be panicked and stressed, and you may not aim right.

That is why some gun owners buy large amounts of ammunition and go to the range as often as possible to shoot, they don't have to think about what to do and can get upset after the shooting.

Come to think of it, the military does the same thing.

And if you did kill the bad guy but killed one innocent person as you did?

I would never fire a gun at a person because the risk of injuring or killing a bystander is too great.

10 people in a room. Only the bad guy has a gun. All the good people die. Result -10 people.

10 people in a room. Two people have a gun. Bad guy starts shooting, followed rapidly by the good guy. Bad guy kills one, and the good guy kills one plus the bad guy. Result -3.

How do you think the other seven people would feel?

So 3 dead innocent bystanders is okay so long as the others live, and the killer dies?

No dead innocent is acceptable to me.

Three dead is better than ten, especially if the ten include me and the people I care about.

I would never fire a gun at a person because the risk of injuring or killing a bystander is too great.

10 people in a room. Only the bad guy has a gun. All the good people die. Result -10 people.

10 people in a room. Two people have a gun. Bad guy starts shooting, followed rapidly by the good guy. Bad guy kills one, and the good guy kills one plus the bad guy. Result -3.

That's wishful thinking.

Well trained law enforcement officers who train and train and then train some more then screw up under pressure.

Its idiotic to think a teacher who sits through a 6 hour training session will be equipped to react appropriately when bullets are flying and children are screaming.

Doesn't matter though because, with every shooting where there has been a guard(s) on duty, the shooter did enormous damage. There is no way to guarantee the guard or the armed teacher is in the same place as the shooter, at the same time as the shooter AND have a loaded gun on them.

300 million guns in the US. If more guns was the answer, we would not now have the problem.

No they don't. The average NYPD cop is not well trained, which explains why they managed to shoot 9 innocent bystanders while taking down a man who was close enough to tackle. Well trained police would have jumped him physically because there was no clear shot, just like the Secret Service did when they took down the guy who shot Reagan.

I notice you keep falling back on the lie that guards have never stopped a shooting even though it was repeatedly proven wrong, I wonder why.

Maybe if the idiots that are afraid of guns didn't insist everyone who owns a gun keep it in a locked safe at home we wouldn't have this problem.

An armed guard at columbine meant nothing. It's not a question of one bad against one armed person. It's the chances of them being in the same side of the fucking building, let alone being JJ the same room. A madman can inflict a lot if harm before cleetus gets to him from the other side of the building.

That armed guard managed to make sure a number of students got to safety before the police showed up and made him stand around and watch them do nothing.

Why don't we just issue bulletproof vests to all students?

Folks, when insanity rules there are no good solutions..

bullet proof vests for all students would cost each school many millions of dollars, moron. Allowing a few teachers to carry concealed weapons wouldn't cost diddly.

You can always count on a liberal to come up with a stupid solution to every problem.

NEW YORK – All nine people wounded during a dramatic confrontation between police and a gunman outside the Empire State Building were struck by bullets fired by the two officers, police said Saturday, citing ballistics evidence.

Now here's a story from Fox News where well trained police "accidently" shot 9 innocent bystanders. Nine!

All shot by police.

Oops.

Sorry.

Is it still:

Oops,

sorry?

http://www.gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/6.1/gun_facts_6_1_screen.pdf

Myth: Citizens are too incompetent to use guns for protection

Fact: About 11% of police shootings kill an innocent person - about 2% of shootings by citizens kill an innocent person. The odds of a defensive gun user killing an innocent person are less than 1 in 26,000 198 despite American citizens using guns to prevent crimes almost 2,500,000 times every year.​

All shot by police.

Oops.

Sorry.

Is it still:

Oops,

sorry?

We've already seen multiple examples of unarmed teachers being killed while trying to protect children (students).
Why do you want their hands tied behind their backs? Do you hate teachers, or just children?
Derpy believes that it's morally superior to be murdered than to defend yourself or others with a firearm.

the risk of not firing could be much greater..

The point is it's not a "risk". It's a certainty if you don't shoot.

So lets assume you DID fire, and you missed, and shot an innocent person.

Should manslaughter charges be laid against you?

No, so long as the shooting was in line with self defence there is no criminal liability. The family would no doubt sue for wrongful death (and likely win) and of course I would have to live with the fact that I had killed an innocent person.

That, however, would be balanced by the knowledge that I had saved the lives of seven others. I could live with that. I wouldn't want to...but i could.

mighty_mouse.jpg

That's wishful thinking.

Well trained law enforcement officers who train and train and then train some more then screw up under pressure.

Its idiotic to think a teacher who sits through a 6 hour training session will be equipped to react appropriately when bullets are flying and children are screaming.

Doesn't matter though because, with every shooting where there has been a guard(s) on duty, the shooter did enormous damage. There is no way to guarantee the guard or the armed teacher is in the same place as the shooter, at the same time as the shooter AND have a loaded gun on them.

300 million guns in the US. If more guns was the answer, we would not now have the problem.
Duddly is another one who thinks it's morally superior to be murdered than to defend yourself or others with a firearm.

Hmmm, which is more likely? A man with a gun coming to kill me or winning the lotto?

Since you're in "Chicago" I would "say" the "chances" of someone with a "gun" coming to kill "you" are roughly 100 "times" greater than your "chances" of winning the "lotto"

How many school shootings happened in Chicago?
Why are you moving the goalposts?

Oh, yeah -- because gangbangers shooting themselves and innocent people in the street don't count, right?

What if you fired shots in order to protect your children but only managed to shoot innocent bystanders

Does that still make it okay?

My aim is better than that.

Have you ever been in the middle of a shooting? If you had, you would be panicked and stressed, and you may not aim right.

using your logic the sandy hook shooter should have missed every time

All shot by police.

Oops.

Sorry.

Is it still:

Oops,

sorry?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9mJ82x_l-E]Filter - Hey Man, Nice Shot - YouTube[/ame]

Conservative anthem.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back