What if Newt wins South Carolina?

Um, my relatives are from NC and GA.

SC does have the lowest public school ratings in the USA the last I heard, but maybe they passed Alabama or something.

SC voters prove they don't have a clue when they voted for Newt like some high school popularity contest after he trashed that CNN goon on TV. Wow....that is going to win in November. :cuckoo:

Newt is better than Obamination, but Newt will lose a national election.

Newt winning SC just proves that state really does have the worst public education system in the USA.

Insult and alienate the South...great campaign strategy...:rolleyes:

uh, as a conservative I want the GOP to win and Romney is the best option.

Newt exposed himself as a fraud with his attacks on Bain Capital. He is an egomaniac that thinks his own shit doesn't stink. He has proven he will bring down the GOP to make himself look good on TV.

Paul is a kook with his foreign policy and national defense ideas/claims.

Santorum just doesn't have Romney's background or stature, he would be a good VP.

Next....

Can you PLEASE get the quoting right. You put your response AFTER what you are responding to.

The attacks on Bain Capital are valid attacks. Out here in the real world, we all kind of worry that someone might eliminate our jobs because someone who has plenty doesn't understand the concept of "enough". This isn't venture capitalism, it's vulture capitalism.

Romney is a horrible option. He just lacks humanity, he belongs to a batshit crazy cult, and he says crazy shit like "I like to be able to fire people" and "Corporations are people, too."

Obama will clean his clock, and we will spend most of the next four years redefining conservatism because no one will know what it means anymore.

It's good you are coming clean. But I don't believe you voted for McCain. You voted for Obama, whom you have said you would vote for again if Romney is the nominee.

Never said I'd vote for him "again". Probably won't vote for him this time.

By my calculations, the best response to Romney would be supporting a third party, which I think a lot of conservatives will do. That will tell the GOP "You bullied us into taking this weird Mormon Robot, and 5 million of us said, no. Obama won, but he was probably going to win anyway. "

I live in IL. It's unlikely this state will be in play, but on a national level, voting third party would be an effective protest to a elitist, Wall Street establishment that isn't representing my interests.

You on the other hand, have shown contempt for working people, Evangelicals, Tea Partier, Neo-cons and libertarians, who are really, 90% of the Republican Party. So I kind of wonder which faction you represent.

Far, far better than you. If you and the other losers join a third party and throw the election to Obama, we can ignore you from now on out. Show me where 90% of those folks are the GOP.

Most of the REpublicans I know fall into one of those categories. I never meet your sort of "If we were only more like the Democrats on social issues" types anywhere outside the internet.

And when millions of us defect to a third party or don't show up in November, the GOP will be spending the next four years wondering what it did wrong while watching Obama flail around. Then they'll nominate Jeb Bush because nominating a Bush always seems to work.

By my calculations, the best response to Romney would be supporting a third party, which I think a lot of conservatives will do. That will tell the GOP "You bullied us into taking this weird Mormon Robot, and 5 million of us said, no. Obama won, but he was probably going to win anyway. "

I live in IL. It's unlikely this state will be in play, but on a national level, voting third party would be an effective protest to a elitist, Wall Street establishment that isn't representing my interests.

You on the other hand, have shown contempt for working people, Evangelicals, Tea Partier, Neo-cons and libertarians, who are really, 90% of the Republican Party. So I kind of wonder which faction you represent.

Far, far better than you. If you and the other losers join a third party and throw the election to Obama, we can ignore you from now on out. Show me where 90% of those folks are the GOP.

Most of the REpublicans I know fall into one of those categories. I never meet your sort of "If we were only more like the Democrats on social issues" types anywhere outside the internet.

And when millions of us defect to a third party or don't show up in November, the GOP will be spending the next four years wondering what it did wrong while watching Obama flail around. Then they'll nominate Jeb Bush because nominating a Bush always seems to work.

Numbers and break downs, JoeB.

Bain Capital grew some dying/mediocre companies like Staples into powerhouses. In capitalism there are winners and losers, so big deal if some company got downsized.

Newt is a leach that parlayed his Speaker of the House gig into an endless gravy train as a lobbyist, so please quit with the bullshit saying Romney is worse than Newt the leach.

I'll compare Romney's MBA and JD from Harvard, Gov of MA, CEO of Bain Capital and CEO of the Winter Olympics to Newt's history degres, Congress job and lobbyist.

Newt exposed himself as a fraud with his attacks on Bain Capital. He is an egomaniac that thinks his own shit doesn't stink. He has proven he will bring down the GOP to make himself look good on TV.

Santorum just doesn't have Romney's background or stature, he would be a good VP.

Next....

Can you PLEASE get the quoting right. You put your response AFTER what you are responding to.

The attacks on Bain Capital are valid attacks. Out here in the real world, we all kind of worry that someone might eliminate our jobs because someone who has plenty doesn't understand the concept of "enough". This isn't venture capitalism, it's vulture capitalism.

Romney is a horrible option. He just lacks humanity, he belongs to a batshit crazy cult, and he says crazy shit like "I like to be able to fire people" and "Corporations are people, too."

Obama will clean his clock, and we will spend most of the next four years redefining conservatism because no one will know what it means anymore.

I heard Newt answering town hall questions this morning. He rehashed that " 7 Lincoln style debates " challenge to Obama should he become the nominee. Complete with the already used teleprompter joke.

Question. Why hasn't this mastur"d"bater challenged Mittens in a similar manner?

Because as much as the recent debates have been about defining the differences between the candidates, they have made it abundantly clear that the main goal is defeating Obama more than they want to attack each other.

:cool:

Newt did win and in a very big way.

sc-primary-map.png

Newt won the female vote--the independent vote--the evangelical vote--and the conservative vote. He won it ALL--and he did it in less than one week--being 18 points behind Mitt Romney. And the GOP has been turned on it's head--because the establishment candidate--Mitt Romney--was supposed to run away with this nomination and just ran into a brick wall.

Last edited:
Newt is better than Obamination, but Newt will lose a national election.

Newt winning SC just proves that state really does have the worst public education system in the USA.

Here, everyone is exactly the problem the Romney campaign has and exactly why they are going to lose in November.

They think they are better than the rest of us because they have money.

They are better than you, JoeB, because they understand better than you and have the money.

Well, seeing how Romnuts isnt so inevitable after all, I dont think they understand any better than anyone else, and soon they wont have a money advantage of any consequence either.

So I guess he can fuck off along with the rest of his elitist cronies and suck ups.

It's good you are coming clean. But I don't believe you voted for McCain. You voted for Obama, whom you have said you would vote for again if Romney is the nominee.

A Clear Rejection of the Status Quo, No Consensus about Future Policies - Pew Research Center

A sizeable number of voters (41%) said that they support the Tea Party political movement (including 21% who strongly support it). Fewer (30%) said they oppose the movement (23% strongly); another 24% said they neither support nor oppose it. Agreement with the Tea Party was considerably higher than in most pre-election polling, reflecting the greater enthusiasm of conservative voters to turn out. Tea Party supporters overwhelmingly supported Republican candidates for the House nationally, and in key Senate races such as Nevada. Those who support the Tea Party voted 86% to 11% for Republican House candidates, while those who oppose the movement voted 86% to 12% for Democratic candidates. Those who are neutral about the Tea Party divided their votes about evenly (50% Republican, 47% Democratic).

So of those who voted GOP in 2010:
65% favor TP
26% neutral
9% oppose TP

That is similar to these numbers:
Section 6: Tea Party and Views of Government Overreach | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

Of GOP voters:
68% support TP
28% neutral
4% oppose

Add to that the pro-Lifers, Evangelicals, gun rights advocates, and cultural traditionalists that dont overlap with the TP and you easily have 90%+ of the GOP.

Of course you really couldnt care less, but theres the numbers anyway.

JimBowie is using 2010 numbers from the excitement of the campaign to try to define just what a Republican voter is going to be in 2012. Perhaps 40 to 50% of the GOP base meets those defs, but the rest of Republicans do not. You are going to find out in the end, you will have a far great majority of GOP in the national election who would be opposed to Newt than they would be to Mitt.

Your desire to control the GOP will lead to a minority status for it as a result of 2012 elections.

Okay, here's a concept I want to you to get your mind around.

Getting downsized is a big deal if you are someone who got downsized. And in these last two recessions, most of us have been downsized at least once.

So nominating a piece of shit who says stuff like "I like to fire people" is pretty much the kiss of death. Blaming the victims by calling their companies "dying" or "mediocre" isn't going to get you very far.

If you make this election a contest between the guys you work with and the guys who lay you off, you lose. Every time.

Bain Capital grew some dying/mediocre companies like Staples into powerhouses. In capitalism there are winners and losers, so big deal if some company got downsized.

Newt is a leach that parlayed his Speaker of the House gig into an endless gravy train as a lobbyist, so please quit with the bullshit saying Romney is worse than Newt the leach.

I'll compare Romney's MBA and JD from Harvard, Gov of MA, CEO of Bain Capital and CEO of the Winter Olympics to Newt's history degres, Congress job and lobbyist.

Next....

JimBowie is using 2010 numbers from the excitement of the campaign to try to define just what a Republican voter is going to be in 2012. Perhaps 40 to 50% of the GOP base meets those defs, but the rest of Republicans do not. You are going to find out in the end, you will have a far great majority of GOP in the national election who would be opposed to Newt than they would be to Mitt.

That was the last election: where else would anyone get national numbers on those who actually will get out and vote?

Your desire to control the GOP will lead to a minority status for it as a result of 2012 elections.

I dont care to control jack shit.

The FACT is that every time since 1972 that a GOP nominee ran as a moderate conservative they lost and when they ran as a social, economic and nationalist conservative they won.

All you have to support you are these current polls which are partisan and ideological in nature.

Pollsters these days can select a handful of zip codes to prove that all Catholics are pro-choice but they dont assert things that are obviously false. They do what they can to satisfy the people paying for the poll so they will come back and hire them again.

Analysis on exit polls is available to the public and can be easily double checked.

You religion hating RINOs are the ones destroying the old Reagan coalition, not the social conservatives.

Getting downsized is a big deal if you are someone who got downsized. And in these last two recessions, most of us have been downsized at least once.

So nominating a piece of shit who says stuff like "I like to fire people" is pretty much the kiss of death. Blaming the victims by calling their companies "dying" or "mediocre" isn't going to get you very far.

If you make this election a contest between the guys you work with and the guys who lay you off, you lose. Every time.

You've hit on two facts of American politics.

1. People vote their wallet. If they are worse off 4 years later, and can see the connection to the one they voted in, they won't vote for them again.

2. Carville was right on one thing "It's the economy, Stupid."

1. People vote their wallet. If they are worse off 4 years later, and can see the connection to the one they voted in, they won't vote for them again.

Well, a caveat to that. The economy was only marginally better in 1984 than it was in 1980, but far better than it was in the worst of the recession in 1982. The same could be said of the 2004 Election. Far worse than the good times of 2000, but better than the worst of it in 2002. Reagan and Bush got second terms because they held the steady course in a storm.

The economic conditions in 2012 ARE worse than they were in 2008. But they are slightly better than they were in 2009 or 2010. Is this enough to get Obama over the hump?

Maybe.

But a large part of the Obama strategy will be deflection. "I did all I could, but the 1%, the wealthy, the guys born on third base and thought they hit a triple, they got their tax cuts and their bailouts and their bonuses and they aren't keeping up their end of the bargain by hiring."

And who will the GOP nominate?

Mittens Romney. A guy who has never had to want for anything in his life, but whose greed is insatiable. A guy who destroyed thousands of middle class families, so he could buy a bigger mansion.

Mittens Romney. A guy who has never had to want for anything in his life, but whose greed is insatiable. A guy who destroyed thousands of middle class families, so he could buy a bigger mansion.

You've direct proof of this, yes? I mean I don't like the guy very much, but really? This level of hyperbole and class warfare?

JoeBigot is merely a weak-headed atheist libertarian who hates Mormons from preventing him from doing something that he should not have done. That's what this is all about.

And this is another reason why Obama will win. By every measure, the economy is better today than the day he took office.

And this is another reason why Obama will win. By every measure, the economy is better today than the day he took office.
Missed the point, Synthia. Don't worry. I'll repeat it for you.

It doesn't matter what ACTUAL data is. It matters how the public FEELS about their pocketbook and wallet. Semantics doesn't work.

Forum List

Back