What if Kerry and Edwards defeated Bush in 2004 ?

AgentSparky

Registered Independent
Aug 18, 2013
NJ
I think that the Democrats would have still won the House and Senate in 2006 ..... but no matter who was President no matter which party controlled the house and Senate, the housing crash of 2008 would have happen regardless.

Despite that I theorize that the media would have still covered Kerry and they'd win their 2008 Re-Election by a hair.

Then with the 2009 and 2010 recession being felt and the Edwards scandal would force the VP to resign in disgrace. The Republican probably would have won back both the House and the Senate in 2010 and then possibly the White House in 2012 because Hillary wouldn't have run that year.

So in many ways, the Kerry's loss in 2004 was probably the best thing to happen to the Democrats and the worst thing to happen to the Republicans.

That's just my theory on how the pendulum swings.

Interesting. does make one think..

though it make's me cringe to think, President Jon Heinz-Kerry :ack-1:

We see the bang up job Kerry has done at State. Well, OK, he's sucked donkey dick at it. No reason Traitor Kerry would have been any kind of president.

Then Hillary might have been appointed VP after Edwards resigned in disgrace. LOL And there would have been a Obama-Clinton showdown in 12. Would it have ended differently?

I think that the Democrats would have still won the House and Senate in 2006 ..... but no matter who was President no matter which party controlled the house and Senate, the housing crash of 2008 would have happen regardless.

Despite that I theorize that the media would have still covered Kerry and they'd win their 2008 Re-Election by a hair.

Then with the 2009 and 2010 recession being felt and the Edwards scandal would force the VP to resign in disgrace. The Republican probably would have won back both the House and the Senate in 2010 and then possibly the White House in 2012 because Hillary wouldn't have run that year.

So in many ways, the Kerry's loss in 2004 was probably the best thing to happen to the Democrats and the worst thing to happen to the Republicans.

It was a bad deal for the republicans - '08 was going to happen. There is a lot more that sunk the right though than the crash. Iraq being chief among those. I have no idea how Kerry would have reacted to 9/11 though so I have no idea how things would have gone.

It was a bad deal for the republicans - '08 was going to happen. There is a lot more that sunk the right though than the crash. Iraq being chief among those. I have no idea how Kerry would have reacted to 9/11 though so I have no idea how things would have gone.

9/11 have already happened in 2001 under Bush. One of Kerry's platform in 2004 was to end the the Iraq war. Let's say he won the election and called all our troops home by 2006, would Isis have come sooner?

No world depression, no ISIS, the rich paying their fair share, prosperity for the nonrich, cheaper college, training for tech jobs, no crap Pub online colleges. BUT no ACA.

We see the bang up job Kerry has done at State. Well, OK, he's sucked donkey dick at it. No reason Traitor Kerry would have been any kind of president.

Bush was a big government liberal in most ways. He grew the size of government, increased the debt, refused to seal the border, increased entitlements, invaded a country that was no threat to the US and continued with the welfare state. We got a great deal of the same big government policies with him as we would have got with any Left Wing Democrat.

However, as bad as he was he much better than Looney Tunes wacko Gore or that lying traitorous scumbag Kerry.

Depression still would have happened.......his re-election would have depended on what happened after he ended Iraq. I think he could have won first term by giving people who want immigration law enforced a reason to vote for him.....issue that crosses the aisle....in the general public.

Last edited:
I agree the economic crash would have occurred regardless if Kerry was President.

The biggest alternate Universe effect of a Kerry presidency would likely have been no troop surge in Iraq.

Excellent point

While I think there is no way Al Gore would have overreacted like Bush did after 9-11, Kerry would have taken the fall for the economic collapse and kept Dems out of office for the last 6 years

I will say one thing for Kerry .....at least he didnt lie to win.......
Right. He really did vote for an increase in military spending before he voted against it.

He didn't lie. And that's why he didn't win.

If liberals told the truth about what they intended and what they believed, nobody would vote for them. They have to lie.

Excellent point

While I think there is no way Al Gore would have overreacted like Bush did after 9-11, Kerry would have taken the fall for the economic collapse and kept Dems out of office for the last 6 years

Thanks.

However, I still theorize that Kerry would have still won re-election in spite taking the fall for economic crash.

Question is, would the Edwards scandal have happened if he was VP or would he be in a more powerful position to dodge that bullet?

Edwards scandal would have been irrelevant- would have resigned if anything. Of course Boooshie regulators would have been replaced and the MELTDOWN/DEPRESSION would not have happened- a scandal and a major bump, yes.. But the real improvement would have been Gore, and no W at all. What a total fuckup. Only total dupes don't know it.

Even if Gore won in 2000 we would have still gone into Iraq and Bin Laden would have been perused through the international court system and AQ would have grown by leaps and bounds..

I agree the economic crash would have occurred regardless if Kerry was President.

The biggest alternate Universe effect of a Kerry presidency would likely have been no troop surge in Iraq.

The far left drones still show they do not understand their own people..

Even if Gore won in 2000 we would have still gone into Iraq and Bin Laden would have been perused through the international court system and AQ would have grown by leaps and bounds..
No, because 9/11 wouldn't have happened without a total fuckup in the WH. Ask Richard Clark, the terrorism czar under Clinton and Boooosh.

Forum List

Back