What if evolution was part of creationism?

Pick one

• Evolution

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Creationism

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • I like the concept in the opening post

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters
1. Evolution does not preclude the existence of a creator.

2. Evolution does preclude the interference of a creator.

For example, Catholics believe in both evolution and the existence of God. As Pope John Paul II put it, God is the artist, and evolution is his brush. It's all a matter of perspective.

Logic is the sword that has slain the last of our gods; reason is the shield with which we protect ourselves from the return of such superstitions and the glorification of ignorance; science is the honest quest for an understanding of all around and within us.

-James T. Beukema

Experience is the nuke that shows you're full of crap.

1. Evolution does not preclude the existence of a creator.

2. Evolution does preclude the interference of a creator.

For example, Catholics believe in both evolution and the existence of God. As Pope John Paul II put it, God is the artist, and evolution is his brush. It's all a matter of perspective.

The Catholic church is kind of a good example of evolution within culture ... just wish it evolved faster.

As to the OP, it depends on the creation myth, most allow room for evolution to be part of (the christian one does very easily). To over simplify it, none of them explain how it was done, they only state it was done.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

How's that stack up next to calling yourself The Light?

I already explained that one, but while I have your attention :D.... My title is "the light" because that is what Jesus has called us to be is a beacon of hope to all of those lost in darkness.

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.
-Matthew 5:14

So yes, it stacks up very well. I don't profess myself to be wise. My wisdom comes from the Lord.

For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
-Proverbs 2:6

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth forever.
-Psalms 111:10

The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.
-Proverbs 3:19

If he founded the earth and he gives wisdom then maybe you and I could learn a thing or two from him ya think?

Last edited:
Yearethelightoftheworld.Acitythatissetonahillcannotbehid.
All the secrets of the universe, and they couldn't master the space bar... :doubt:

So yes, it stacks up very well. I don't profess myself to be wise. My wisdom
See, now you just contradicted yourself, showing you to be a liar

If he founded the earth and he gives wisdom
How 'bout demonstrating both of those before continuing?

The Light wrote:

So yes, it stacks up very well. I don't profess myself to be wise. My wisdom comes from the Lord.

That isn't a lie. Nor is it a misrepresentation. The Light said that he/she (sorry, not sure, not that it matters) doesn't profess to be "wise", that is he/she doesn't argue that he/she has innate wisdom or, it seems, even learned wisdom (there is an argument that wisdom can be learned - did you read the Sternberg reference JB?). The Light suggests that whatever wisdom he/she possesses is from God.

It is a startling claim, made completely without foundation and without a shred of evidence. It is hyperbole of the highest order. But it ain't no lie.

Yearethelightoftheworld.Acitythatissetonahillcannotbehid.
All the secrets of the universe, and they couldn't master the space bar... :doubt:

So yes, it stacks up very well. I don't profess myself to be wise. My wisdom
See, now you just contradicted yourself, showing you to be a liar

If he founded the earth and he gives wisdom
How 'bout demonstrating both of those before continuing?

Oh the technicalities people grasp for when they have nothing else to respond too.:lol:

Last edited:
When you say something intelligent, you'll warrant an intelligent response. Of course, we learned longago to never expect anything intelligence from a christian
smile_wink.gif

Evolution cannot be part of creationism because one of the premises to creationism is that god got it right in the beginning, so then there's no use for evolution. Theists are just coming to the conclusion that, like the earth not being flat, the churches were wrong on evolution as well. They should just admit they know crap and give up.

Just throwing this out there to see what you guys think.

What if evolution and creationism were one in the same. What if god really did create life on earth and his plan was for that life to evolve over time.

Is it an interesting idea or am I just treading water here?

I'll include a poll for fun

It's been said before. Christians don't need evolution to be false, but atheists need it to be true.

What if evolution and creationism were one in the same. What if god really did create life on earth and his plan was for that life to evolve over time.

Works for me; I've kind of always thought this anyway.

Why doesn't anyone capitalize the 'G' in God anymore?

Because people are illiterate these days.

Evolution cannot be part of creationism because one of the premises to creationism is that god got it right in the beginning, so then there's no use for evolution. Theists are just coming to the conclusion that, like the earth not being flat, the churches were wrong on evolution as well. They should just admit they know crap and give up.

Why on God's green earth would He not make life able to adapt to it's everchanging surroundings?

You will see us able to adapt but there is no species jumping, and in all these years and after all the searching, all you've been able to come up are a few scattered bones slapped together from different dinosaurs to create your own concoctions.

The Bible said the earth was a sphere. Man called it flat.

the bible said the earth sat on pillars

it does not

it says that grass existed on Earth before the sun and other stars existed

11And God said, "Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth"; and it was so.
12And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind; and God saw that it was good.

13And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14And God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years;

15and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth"; and it was so.

16And God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also.

17And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

No amount of apologetics can make this fit with reality

Works for me; I've kind of always thought this anyway.

Why doesn't anyone capitalize the 'G' in God anymore?

Because people are illiterate these days.

Um ... technically the word 'god' is a position, a title, not a name. There are thousands of gods for thousands of cultures, using it as a name is illiterate as well as ignorant. The reason the churches did this was to trick people into converting by saying "see, we all worship the same being, so why not worship here?" ... it failed thankfully.

Why on God's green earth would He not make life able to adapt to it's everchanging surroundings?

You will see us able to adapt but there is no species jumping, and in all these years and after all the searching, all you've been able to come up are a few scattered bones slapped together from different dinosaurs to create your own concoctions.

wtf is your middle paragraph trying to say?

God is apparently perfect, so his creations don't need to evolve or adapt because that would mean that his creations AREN'T perfect to start with and would need evolution, which is against christian doctrine.

I don't know what the bible calls the earth, but you can be sure of one thing, that it's wrong like all the other times it's wrong in that book of fairy tales.

wtf is your middle paragraph trying to say?

God is apparently perfect, so his creations don't need to evolve or adapt because that would mean that his creations AREN'T perfect to start with and would need evolution, which is against christian doctrine.

I don't know what the bible calls the earth, but you can be sure of one thing, that it's wrong like all the other times it's wrong in that book of fairy tales.

Dear lord, no wonder you're a bigot and a misogynist, since you're clearly one of the dumbest critters to crawl into this board in a while. I really pity those two little brain cells, huddling together for warmth in the vast, echoing cavern of your head.

What part of the middle paragraph was too complicated for you, Mensa Boy? Humans adapt to their environment, as all animals do, but they don't turn into other types of animals altogether. You need me to break out the crayons and draw you a picture, 'cause I don't think that gets dumbed down much further.

And I just love your whole "I don't know what the Bible says, but I know it's WRONG!" line. I'm going to be able to laugh derisively at you all day just on that.

Forum List

Back