What if evolution was part of creationism?

Pick one

• Evolution

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Creationism

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • I like the concept in the opening post

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters
Why on God's green earth would He not make life able to adapt to it's everchanging surroundings?

You will see us able to adapt but there is no species jumping, and in all these years and after all the searching, all you've been able to come up are a few scattered bones slapped together from different dinosaurs to create your own concoctions.

The Bible said the earth was a sphere. Man called it flat.

wtf is your middle paragraph trying to say?

God is apparently perfect, so his creations don't need to evolve or adapt because that would mean that his creations AREN'T perfect to start with and would need evolution, which is against christian doctrine.

I don't know what the bible calls the earth, but you can be sure of one thing, that it's wrong like all the other times it's wrong in that book of fairy tales.

Dear lord, no wonder you're a bigot and a misogynist, since you're clearly one of the dumbest critters to crawl into this board in a while. I really pity those two little brain cells, huddling together for warmth in the vast, echoing cavern of your head.

What part of the middle paragraph was too complicated for you, Mensa Boy? Humans adapt to their environment, as all animals do, but they don't turn into other types of animals altogether. You need me to break out the crayons and draw you a picture, 'cause I don't think that gets dumbed down much further.

And I just love your whole "I don't know what the Bible says, but I know it's WRONG!" line. I'm going to be able to laugh derisively at you all day just on that.

Ok brainiac, tell me one important thing in the bible that's true.

All I've come up with are a few scattered bones? I'm a vegetarian, no bones scattered around my house, lol. Cecilie, you don't even know what she means so please get a clue...and some mydol.

Just throwing this out there to see what you guys think.

What if evolution and creationism were one in the same.

They can't be. Creationism says that man appeared ion earth in his present form and evolution says we evolved from lower primates.

Dear lord, no wonder you're a bigot and a misogynist, since you're clearly one of the dumbest critters to crawl into this board in a while. I really pity those two little brain cells, huddling together for warmth in the vast, echoing cavern of your head.

What part of the middle paragraph was too complicated for you, Mensa Boy? Humans adapt to their environment, as all animals do, but they don't turn into other types of animals altogether. You need me to break out the crayons and draw you a picture, 'cause I don't think that gets dumbed down much further.

And I just love your whole "I don't know what the Bible says, but I know it's WRONG!" line. I'm going to be able to laugh derisively at you all day just on that.

Wow, you're just a sour old bitch, ain't ya?

What if evolution and creationism were one in the same. What if god really did create life on earth and his plan was for that life to evolve over time.

Is it an interesting idea or am I just treading water here?

I'll include a poll for fun

That's been my belief for ages. Which is also why I've never had an issue w/evolution. But then I'm considered a heretic just for being Mormon. ;)

i prefer science....the earth has existed for more years than creationist wish to admit...there is no evidence of a massive flood in core samples....at least not a world wide one...

However, there are flood "myths" in most cultures, even all the way to the MesoAmericans.

What if evolution and creationism were one in the same. What if god really did create life on earth and his plan was for that life to evolve over time.

Is it an interesting idea or am I just treading water here?

I'll include a poll for fun

Yeah, this is basically what I've always thought.

That's been my belief for ages. Which is also why I've never had an issue w/evolution. But then I'm considered a heretic just for being Mormon. ;)

I never got what people's problem with mormons is. I have a lot of faith in God but I am very anti-religion in general. Still I dont hate any religions at all, its just the history of many religious institutions makes them questionable to me.

Its like Mitt Romney, everyone harped on the mormon thing....whats the big deal? He was my gov and I voted for him(for gov, not in the primaries....BOB BARR)

Thanks JoeyC

I never got what people's problem with mormons is. I have a lot of faith in God but I am very anti-religion in general. Still I dont hate any religions at all, its just the history of many religious institutions makes them questionable to me.

Its like Mitt Romney, everyone harped on the mormon thing....whats the big deal? He was my gov and I voted for him(for gov, not in the primaries....BOB BARR)

Thanks JoeyC

While all the other faiths disagree w/some of our beliefs, you'll find the ones who raise such a stink about us tend to be fundemental protestants. They claim that we are deceiving people down Satan's path and thus must be preached to at all times. *shrug*

The reason so many were against Mitt were the same one's I mentioned in the previous paragraph because it was also their belief (and many libs *which is scary when these two groups agree*) that he wouldn't be able to govern w/o bringing his religion into it.

le all the other faiths disagree w/some of our beliefs, you'll find the ones who raise such a stink about us tend to be fundemental protestants. They claim that we are deceiving people down Satan's path and thus must be preached to at all times. *shrug*

The reason so many were against Mitt were the same one's I mentioned in the previous paragraph because it was also their belief (and many libs *which is scary when these two groups agree*) that he wouldn't be able to govern w/o bringing his religion into it.

Man people can be shallow.

What you just described is part of the reason i dislike organized religion.

If I had to pick a religion I would be a Jewish Buddhist. More Buddhist as a belief in Karma runs my life.

le all the other faiths disagree w/some of our beliefs, you'll find the ones who raise such a stink about us tend to be fundemental protestants. They claim that we are deceiving people down Satan's path and thus must be preached to at all times. *shrug*

Man people can be shallow.

What you just described is part of the reason i dislike organized religion.

If I had to pick a religion I would be a Jewish Buddhist. More Buddhist as a belief in Karma runs my life.

I have tremendous respect for most religions. I believe there to be truth in most as well. I just believe I have found the most truth in my faith, hence my membership. LOL

Which aspects of Judaism do you ascribe?

I have tremendous respect for most religions. I believe there to be truth in most as well. I just believe I have found the most truth in my faith, hence my membership. LOL

Which aspects of Judaism do you ascribe?

I think most religions, if brought to their basics, are identical to each other.

As far as judaism's aspects that I like:

1) There is only one higher power
2) You should not worship idols
3) Their belief that "God" and our relationsship with "God" is a personal one, as is "God's" relationship with us.
4) That this higher power "God" is an energy. It is utterly unlike man, and can in no way be considered anthropomorphic.

P.S. sorry i took so long :D

You do understand that creationism suggests that the species were created as they were--no change or evolution, and they stayed that way every since life was introduced to this world

Evolution suggests a progression of life with bifurcations(like a tree) that explains why there are different species--mainly due to the environment.

There are problems with both theories--for instance, if creationism is correct,
then we should see a plethora of more species including the ones we see today at every time period. That is not the case at all.

For evolution, the concept that all life is interconnected and progressed from one type of living organism(let us call it the "seed of life") would suggests random and wild deviations in the Earth enviroment in the early days to allow certain bifurcations in the progression of life. To be honest, this is not as big a problem when comparing to that of creationism, but it does lead to the possibility that there are more than one "seed of life" on this planet. This would suggest that life can be more varied than the life that we see on our planet, both past and present. That the concept of a biosphere only works from the perspective of life on earth, and the possibility of extra-terrestrial life(not necessary intelligent) is actually much larger than anticipated.

One last thing about evolution--it has a very aesthic implication about life. Life springs eternally.

Logic is the sword that has slain the last of our gods; reason is the shield with which we protect ourselves from the return of such superstitions and the glorification of ignorance; science is the honest quest for an understanding of all around and within us.

-James T. Beukema

Logic is a tool much as a hammer or drill is a tool. One can bore a hole into the Truth, step aside and bore another hole (hole = logical sortie). This sometimes leads to a logical conflict.
As an example: Newton's gravitational force law. Since matter attracts matter the Universe ought to collapse. Instead the Universe is expanding at an increasing rate. Dark matter may be a fudge factor to explain this. I don't know.

As to Reason being a shield against superstitions and the glorification of ignorance, I also included science of the mind as well. Long ago I constructed a mental black box. Into my black box I place the concept of God, love and hypnotism. My reason for doing this was to protect my self from my fellow man and that I knew little of love and god was a theoretical construct. Hypnotism I do not belive in even tho I have read books on the strange properties of individuals under a trance.

To my joy and sorrow my black box turned inside out. I have learned the hard way that the words God and Love cannot be taken apart. I agree with Teilhard de Chardin.

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (French pronunciation: [pj?? teja? d? ?a?d??]; 1 May 1881, Orcines, France – 10 April 1955, New York City) was a French philosopher and Jesuit priest who trained as a paleontologist and geologist and took part in the discovery of Peking Man. Teilhard conceived the idea of the Omega Point and developed Vladimir Vernadsky's concept of Noosphere.

Teilhard's primary book, The Phenomenon of Man, set forth a sweeping account of the unfolding of the cosmos. He abandoned traditional interpretations of creation in the Book of Genesis in favor of a less strict interpretation. This displeased certain officials in the Roman Curia and in his own order who thought that it undermined the doctrine of original sin developed by Saint Augustine. Teilhard's position was opposed by his church superiors, and his work was denied publication during his lifetime by the Roman Holy Office. The 1950 encyclical Humani generis condemned several of Teilhard's opinions, while leaving other questions open. In 2009, the Pope praised Teilhard and his work.
Please see:Pierre Teilhard de Chardin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back