What , if any, religion do you adhere to?

Religion?

• Judaism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Christian (Biblical)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Catholic

• Protestant/ Lutheran/ Resotrianism/ other Christian

• Hinduism

• Buddhism / Toaism/ similar (specify)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Islam (specify sekt)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • None (Atheist; gnostic or agnostic)

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Shinto

• Other (;specify)

• Total voters
Why are Buddhism and Taoism considered interchangeable by the OP?

Because the OP knows next to nothing about the religions he has universally declared false. In fact, he pretty much proclaims that very fact as some sort of virtue as to why he is correct.

OK, so ignorance is a virtue?

Apparently. Personally, I dont understand how ignorance can be a virtue. But then Ive always gone by the philosophy get as much knowledge on every subject as you can and so much the better for you in this life and the life to come.

Name one person I've attacked. I have asked questions, yes. I have attacked noone.

This victim-game you people like to play is really old

You think too highly of yourself if you think I would give you the power to make me a victim. I dont care what you think or say. I just call a duck a duck.

Do you think we cant see through your mocking questions? There is quite a different tone between sincerely asking questions and asking questions in a feeble attempt to mock them. You have done nothing on this board but show absolute contempt for anyone who has the audacity to state that they believe in God from day one.

You may think people who believe in God are stupid, but we aren't. We see right through you.

You want honest answers, ask honest questions. Stop with this superiority complex.

I disagree.

Seems to me that it was an accurate view. Is here anyone who professes a belief in God in this thread he hasnt attacked?

It's a point of view that presupposes the inner motivation of the OP.

I dont see how it can possibly be presupposed when we have countless examples in this same thread of his reaction. No one is presupposing anything. We are basing our conclusions on direct evidence.

Be honest, if someone asked a question of non-believers and attacked every single response they gave, mocking them, etc. what would you conclude was the purpose of the original post?

Seems to me that it was an accurate view. Is here anyone who professes a belief in God in this thread he hasnt attacked?

I dont see how it can possibly be presupposed when we have countless examples in this same thread of his reaction. No one is presupposing anything. We are basing our conclusions on direct evidence.

Be honest, if someone asked a question of non-believers and attacked every single response they gave, mocking them, etc. what would you conclude was the purpose of the original post?
I conclude that the OP is frustrated.

I would conclude that the OP is frustrated trying to discuss the topic.

and as usual, you'd be wrong.

I would conclude that the OP is frustrated trying to discuss the topic.

and as usual, you'd be wrong.

It would not matter what I say. You'd call it wrong, Mr PERMANENT GRUMP.

Last edited:
So, Avvie tries to rally support for his campaign against reason and aby who dare question avvie :lol:

I suppose this is another example of you not attacking anyone?

Why is it substantive argument on the point is "a campaign against reason". Yet attacking people in ignorance is somehow reason?

You keep using the word reason, I dont think it means what you think it means.

Damn...those poor pagans/Wiccans always getting left out. :tongue:

I consider myself a Christian, but I do not attend church. Actually haven't regularly for nearly 7 years now.

It became obvious to me pretty quickly that most churches are, unfortunately, full of do-gooders and hypocrites. I had to deal with far too many a person who was judgmental and arrogant toward "unbelievers", and seemed to be highly selective in who "deserved" to hear the Gospel.

One guy, my old youth minister, decided to bitch us out one day over drinking IBC Root Beer in glass bottles. Because it looks like a beer bottle and "as Christians we must abstain from even the appearance of evil." :eusa_eh:

Everywhere I went, I'd run into legalistic, fundamentalist nutcases. Typically, they'd be a family with 10 children, drive a very large van with "Ichthus" stickers, and the females of the family would wear denim dresses, no jeans or shorts allowed. I'd visit these people at home, where it would always follow a pattern: the mother never has a job (mothers who get jobs are evil for leaving their children), cable/satellite TV is evil, so just rabbit ears on an *old* tube TV, which was next to an even older computer that always had dial-up internet (if it had internet at all.) The males of the family were all rednecks whose gun collection was almost as large as their Toby Keith/Alan Jackson/David Allen Coe/Kenny Chesney/George Straight collection. I'd see this everywhere.

Now that I've left church behind, I definitely think it was the best thing I've ever done for my faith. Maybe I was just attending the wrong churches, but it doesn't matter to me now.

Forum List

Back