What , if any, religion do you adhere to?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by JBeukema, Jun 15, 2009.

?

Religion?

1. Judaism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Christian (Biblical)

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Catholic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Protestant/ Lutheran/ Resotrianism/ other Christian

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Hinduism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Buddhism / Toaism/ similar (specify)

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. Islam (specify sekt)

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  8. None (Atheist; gnostic or agnostic)

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  9. Shinto

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other (;specify)

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    agnostic atheism

(only 10 slots, so options are limited)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  2. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    I tend to lean towards the Islamobuddist end of agnosticism.

3. Metternich

Metternich Federalist Farmer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Generically Christian (Seventh-Day Adventist), but thinking of changing to Catholicism.

4. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    wtf?o.0 How do you 'choose to change to catholocism'? isn't the point to follow the 'word of god', and to attend the church that does so- not to pick the one you like best?

5. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    One must review their beliefs and choose the religion which they believe in, this would include the Church one goes to. Fellowship is part of Christian belief, why would you congreate with people you did not feel where following the word of God? As in why belong to a Church you no longer think is the correct one?

This is an ever evolving process as you learn and grow in your faith.

ALL churches are man made and run by man. NONE are going to be perfect. The only perfect church is the one God establishes and he is not currently establishing anything on earth, that will come before the final battle.

6. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    Islam, Mu'tazili.

7. AVG-JOE

AVG-JOE American Mutt Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,017
    If I 'worship' anything it is life itself. I am in awe of the complex diversity of it as well as its fragile uniqueness to this one planet. (inso far as we know)

-Joe

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Metternich

Metternich Federalist Farmer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I was not placed upon this Earth completely developed in the physical or mental state - why do you assume I was spiritually actualized from the moment I started attending church? Everyone slowly develops a feeling for what our Savior means, including to one's self. My parents initially introduced to me to Seventh Day Adventism when I was around the age of 11, but I have always felt that it wasn't quite 'right.'

I have always felt that churches do their best, and that at best - it is only coincidental to enjoy a church's services completely. The whole idea of what it means to be Christian I have been considering long and hard, because frankly what should I aim for; a church that is 'close' or a none at all? What I have thought religion should be, versus what it is currently in modern day society - is so from what I first thought it should be I have been lost.

What the Catholic church seems to be is more then a battler of perceived social ills, but a true staunch defender of 'good.' At least, as 'good' as we can get on this Earth; it is unabashed in this sense. Whereas the SDA seems more vanilla, a little to open about accepting the gray moral listlessness that is so prevalent in our modern and decadent society. Worried more about feeding the poor, then they are that the poor could be rapists, or murders or thieves.

I know it's weird to think that someone would want to actively accept the 'Old Testament God' over that of the 'New Testament God' but to be frank: I don't care. I want to see good in this world and I want to see evil. I see good and I see evil. I just don't see how some of these churches, like the one I go to, think that the only evil is the Obama Administration or hungry people or poor people. That's just silly, Jesus cares about our eternal souls, not some casual pain in our belly reminding us when we're not getting fat.

9. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    That's not 'deciding to change to X'; that's saying 'I used to believe Y, but have recently found that Y was incorrect; I now believe X'. As Catholicism is mutually exclusinve and incompatible with any remotely christian teachings, one cannot 'think about switching'; one believes one, the other, or neither.

If one believes a church to be wrong, you leave. You don't think about which you like better or consider switching like you think about switching cable providers.

Yes, they are- if they follow the word of god, as god will reveal himself to them. Unless, that is, said deity is not real :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  10. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    Tell ya what? As you do not believe, I will not PREACH to you and YOU do us all the same favor. Cause your bat shit crazy.