What if a Jewish baker refused to create a Hitler cake?

A question for our leftist friends:

2 Nazis walk into a Jewish bakery. The want to order a cake for their wedding, to be held on April 20.
Naturally, it will be festooned with all the appropriate colors and iconography.

Does the baker have the right to refuse to bake their cake, based on his religious views and how they clash with the beliefs of said Nazis?
Please be sure to elaborate on your reasoning.
Or this? What if the happy couple wants to put a noose between those pointy hats? Then what? It works both ways. I don't think these gay pride morons are thinking this one through. Do you really want to eat a cake made by someone hostile to your situation?
I can guarantee you that if they are forced to make that cake they will spit in it.

To white people gays loving each other is the equivalent to the Holocaust and the KKK. See how much they've been thru? When they see things like this as being equal? They have it so nice that they believe someone making a cake is akin to murdering them.

Reminds me of the kid with a plate full of food that they are "starving"
Maybe gays should worry less about cakes and more about gays being hung and pushed off buildings in Muslim countries. J/S

This is a non issue. If someone refuses your business because you are gay don't do business with them. Spend your cash elsewhere. The big stores like Walmart, Stop and Shop and CVS will never refuse gay business nor hire anyone who refuses to serve them based on religion. Plenty of Gay friendly businesses come forward and will advertise the fact. As for the Mom and Pop stores word will get around where to go and where not to go. It's not like they won't get served at all. A minority of businesses might refuse, it's not the end of the world. I've only heard of one bakery that refused and I think that place is now our of business.

2 Nazis walk into a Jewish bakery. The want to order a cake for their wedding, to be held on April 20.
Naturally, it will be festooned with all the appropriate colors and iconography.

Does the baker have the right to refuse to bake their cake, based on his religious views and how they clash with the beliefs of said Nazis?
Or this? What if the happy couple wants to put a noose between those pointy hats? Then what? It works both ways. I don't think these gay pride morons are thinking this one through. Do you really want to eat a cake made by someone hostile to your situation?
I can guarantee you that if they are forced to make that cake they will spit in it.

To white people gays loving each other is the equivalent to the Holocaust and the KKK. See how much they've been thru? When they see things like this as being equal? They have it so nice that they believe someone making a cake is akin to murdering them.

Maybe gays should worry less about cakes and more about gays being hung and pushed off buildings in Muslim countries. J/S

Maybe they should and maybe they shouldnt. We're tallking about...in America? Yes?

This is a non issue. If someone refuses your business because you are gay don't do business with them. Spend your cash elsewhere. The big stores like Walmart, Stop and Shop and CVS will never refuse gay business nor hire anyone who refuses to serve them based on religion. Plenty of Gay friendly businesses come forward and will advertise the fact. As for the Mom and Pop stores word will get around where to go and where not to go. It's not like they won't get served at all. A minority of businesses might refuse, it's not the end of the world. I've only heard of one bakery that refused and I think that place is now our of business.

Thats always the solution of the people who dont have to do it. Anytime someone says they have an easy answer its always because they arent the ones who will have to do it. From your armchair everything is easy aint it.

Nazis are not a protected class neither is political beliefs in any state of the union. The Jewish baker has the right to refuse. Personally I'd take the money and bake the cake but I'm a heathen.......

The smart Jewish baker (are there any dumb ones?) would comply, but in the course of mixing the chocolate frosting, a full package of ex lax chocolate would accidentally fall into the batter. Shit happen!
How does the baker defend against the lawsuit that follows?
OK then they will spit in the cake. can't prove that one. I wouldn't want a cake made by someone who was hostile to me in any way. If someone refused me because I was Christian or American (this actually happened to me in Israel) I would, and did walk out. I'll find it at another place where people are happy to serve me and take my cash.

Nazis are not a protected class neither is political beliefs in any state of the union.
Why are you OK with discriminating against people because of their political beliefs?
I can post a sign that says "No Democrats"?

Last edited:
What if an Jason came into a bakery owned by Camp Crystal Lake Parents and asked for a cake with his victims names on it. That should be cool right?

Maybe they should and maybe they shouldnt. We're tallking about...in America? Yes?

Thats always the solution of the people who dont have to do it. Anytime someone says they have an easy answer its always because they arent the ones who will have to do it. From your armchair everything is easy aint it.

Nobody has the right to infringe on someones religious rights, end of story. Gay rights aren't any better or worse than someone else's religious rights. What makes gays think they have the authority to stomp on other peoples beliefs? Are they better than everyone else? Acknowledge they have the right to refuse and move on.

Nobody has the right to infringe on someones religious rights, end of story. Gay rights aren't any better or worse than someone else's religious rights. What makes gays think they have the authority to stomp on other peoples beliefs. Acknowledge they have the right to refuse and move on.

Your religious rights arent as important as murder. Dont believe me? Go hold up a cross and stab someone with it and see what you go to jail for

Nobody has the right to infringe on someones religious rights, end of story. Gay rights aren't any better or worse than someone else's religious rights. What makes gays think they have the authority to stomp on other peoples beliefs. Acknowledge they have the right to refuse and move on.

Your religious rights arent as important as murder. Dont believe me? Go hold up a cross and stab someone with it and see what you go to jail for
Who is getting murdered by this law? Nobody.

Nazis are not a protected class neither is political beliefs in any state of the union.
Why are you OK with discriminating against people because of their political beliefs?

In Indiana Sexual Orientation (Gays) and Gender ID folks (Trans lets say) are not protected either.

In your book does that mean I'm OK with that too?

I thought you were the guy who said "I do not deal in false comparisons?"

His example was far more germane than yours.

In Indiana Sexual Orientation (Gays) and Gender ID folks (Trans lets say) are not protected either.
You did not answer my questions.
I can post a sign that says "No supporters of gay marriage"?

Because it's a stupid question. At no time did I say I agreed with it. In fact you failed to copy the rest of my post where I stated my personal opinion.

Because it's a stupid question.
Only because you want to avoid it.

You argue that political beliefs not protected by law and to discriminate against people because of them does not violate the law.
That being the case, a Christian baker can post a sign that says "We refuse to serve people who support gay marriage" and not run afoul of laws against discrimination.
Correct?

Last edited:

Who is getting murdered by this law? Nobody.

Which is why I'm confused at the pic of the KKK asking a black guy for a cake is in this discussion.

You argue that political beliefs not protected by law and to discriminating against people because of them does not violate the law.
That being the case, a Christian baker can post a sign that says "We refuse to serve people who support gay marriage" and not run afoul of laws against discrimination.
Correct?

Depends on the state. Several states do recognize gays and trans as protected and several states do not.

Discrimination in Public Accommodations - FindLaw

Public accommodations - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I'd like to see public accommodation laws revised so that, if there are other bakeries within some radius of this one, the bakery owner can quite legally tell the losers to shove their fucking cake.

Requests from anyone else, of course, could be met with the same response.

But then, I'm not a control freak.

Are you 100% sure about that last sentence?
Hey, everything is relative.

At least not compared to the PC Police.

well, ok...
If you have a point to make, you can certainly make it.

Oh, no, I am all for personal freedom. Have at it, bud.

If you think you are not a control freak, well then, I will take you at your word...

:D

You argue that political beliefs not protected by law and to discriminating against people because of them does not violate the law.
Correct?
Depends on the state. Several states do recognize gays and trans as protected and several states do not.
Gays? No one said anything about gays. The baker here refuses to serve people with a political belief - supporting gay marriage - regardless of sexual orientation.

If, as you argue, political beliefs not protected by law and to discriminating against people because of them does not violate the law, a Christian baker can post a sign that says "We refuse to serve people who support gay marriage" and not run afoul of laws against discrimination.

Correct?

Forum List

Back