What Has The Government Done For You?

Depends on who's in charge. Every time it's Republicans, they fuck up the country from coast to coast.

NA002785.jpg

Tried their best to get me killed, made me kill people that had done nothing to me, got me shot a few times.
The gummit has been good to me.

Depends on who's in charge. Every time it's Republicans, they fuck up the country from coast to coast.

Every time its people they screw it up. The Republicans are only slightly better than the democrats.

Mike

So, the Republicans did good then. Excellent. :lol:

Not all Republicans are evil. Abraham Lincoln, for example, created the country's first income tax.

I wouldn't use Lincoln as an example of a good Republican.

He abolished habeas corpus. Invaded sovereign US states. Shut down over 300 newspapers. Executed American citizens without a trial. Arrested the state legislature and governor of Maryland. Arrested people simply for criticizing his policies and threw them in a gulag without a trial. Authorized the murder and rape of American citizens. Burned American cities to the ground. . . . .

The list goes on and on.

Lincoln was a tyrant.

The Internet

Uh . . . . wrong. The government developed one small step in the process that led to the internet.

If private corporations did steps A,B,C, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P and government performed and obvious next step 'D,' tools like you will claim government deserves all the credit.

Really?... You actually believe the government GAVE you freeways, GPS, the hubble telescope, SEASAME STREET...? Folks, these are achievements of Americans who possess the desire to achieve and succeed. The things that you seem to believe 'come from' government, in reality, happened 'inspite' of government. Government can't tell people to be inspired to achieve. It can't force the human spirit conform to what the government wants it to be. Government, in its' modern form is an impediment to achievement. foisting rules and limitation upon those who want to freedom to create and make the world a better place. Our government seems to exist only to perpetuate itself. It reacts violently and with ire when its' reach and size are challenged. Just take note of the reaction to Tea Party Patriots voicing their oppinion. Look, government should DO only those things that involve protecting our citizens, our interests, our safety.

Do you know what a "fire sale" is?

In the Old Days, if your house caught fire, people might show up and offer to put it out for you - for a fee. If you didn't have enough cash on hand, they might offer to buy the house instead - but only at a price that reflected it's condition (that is, that it was on fire). That's supposedly where the phrase comes from.

One problem wthat systems like that is that fires that could have been extinguished, spread to the neighbors' houses instead.

That isn't where the expression "fire sale" comes from, dipstick. hundreds of cities have private fire departments. They do the job just as well and at a much lower cost.

Forum List

Back