What happens when you make people work for food stamps!

Funny how conservatives pretend to adore the idea of private charity, especially religious charities...

...but how many churches make you work for a box of food or a meal at a soup kitchen?

Why not community service for the mortgage interest deduction? That's a pure handout that no one works for.

If you got a mortgage you already "worked" for down payment and first few years of doing without to "get in". You most likely to continue to work to pay BOA $2500/mo + $7Ktax/year. Of course you work for any tax benefit. sheez.....unless you got Fanny/Freddie Freebie and ran out in 09? no down?

Irrelevant. The mortgage deduction is a handout. Your ability to go into debt does not deserve a handout from the government.

Maine Drops 9000 From Food Stamps After They Refuse To Comply With Work Requirement

Republican Gov. Paul LePage recently began enforcing Maine’s volunteer and work requirements for food stamp SNAP recipients to keep their benefits. The end result was more than 9,000 non-disabled adults getting dropped from the program.

The rules prevent adults who are not disabled and do not have dependents from receiving food stamps for more than three months, unless they work at least 20 hours a week, participate in a work-training program, or meet volunteer guidelines for 24 hours out of the month. Any one of those three getting met will not result in the loss of their SNAP food benefits.

Liberals have sold government dependence so deliberately well, that even doing 24 hours of approved volunteer work a month for a capable adult became too much for more than 9,000 people. If it seems like I’m parroting these numbers again and again, you must realize the implications are staggering. Who in their right mind would turn down such a deal? Actually wanting a member of society to be productive in some reasonable way shouldn’t be too hard to meet!

Maine Drops 9000 From Food Stamps After They Refuse To Comply With Work Requirement -

I think it's fair to require some sort of community service. I think it's a good thing.

Why not community service for the mortgage interest deduction? That's a pure handout that no one works for.

When government takes less from you, that's not a handout. Only lying liberals would have you believe that. It's your money, not the governments. That's much different than government giving you something you never had.

Yes it is. When the government reduces your tax bill, someone else has to pay the difference. The mortgage deduction is a handout.

Your tax bill is not your money. It's the government's money. If you don't believe me,

don't pay it and see what happens.

That's the problem in this country, you liberals think that all money belongs to government first, and what they allow you to keep is just kindness of their heart.

Wrong. All of it is our money.

Let's say I was your neighbor sneaking into your house taking 100 dollars from your dresser drawer every week and you knew about it. Then I felt guilty about it, so I started to only take 80 dollars a week instead. Did I just give you 20 dollars a week?

That's besides the fact you don't understand what a mortgage deduction is. If you write off $4,000 for mortgage interest, that doesn't mean government give you that $4,000. It means you don't have to pay taxes on that money which isn't all that much.

Sadly, you'll never get the concept. You truly believe others are entitled to steal from fellow Citizens. You're also one of those confused 'You didn't build that' Obamabots.

These requirements are not unreasonable. Entitlement recipients should actually be proud to give back to their communities. Those who aren't, are probably lazy moochers. But there is a solution to your problem. Simply refuse the Taxpayer help. Period, end of story.
You don't have a problem with rich/wealthy corporations stealing your money either, Why?

Spin it any way you like, but these requirements are not unreasonable. These folks should be proud to give something back to their communities. They should embrace it enthusiastically. Those who don't, are likely just run-of-the-mill lazy moochers. But like i said, there is a solution to their problem.
The reason why Maine could pass this law on welfare, is because Oblama gave them back that ability after the recession ended..........Since the feds give the largest portion of the money for the program, they get to make the rules..

Ah, you're just desperately spinning. You sound like a run-of-the-mill lazy moocher. You don't wanna give back. You only wanna take.
I've been working since 14 to help support the family, and I still work...Sorry to burst your bubble...

Sorry, but you do sound like a typical lazy 'Taker.' These few basic requirements allow the entitlement recipient to give something back to the community. They should actually embrace it enthusiastically.

You don't have a problem with rich/wealthy corporations stealing your money either, Why?

Spin it any way you like, but these requirements are not unreasonable. These folks should be proud to give something back to their communities. They should embrace it enthusiastically. Those who don't, are likely just run-of-the-mill lazy moochers. But like i said, there is a solution to their problem.
The reason why Maine could pass this law on welfare, is because Oblama gave them back that ability after the recession ended..........Since the feds give the largest portion of the money for the program, they get to make the rules..

Ah, you're just desperately spinning. You sound like a run-of-the-mill lazy moocher. You don't wanna give back. You only wanna take.
I've been working since 14 to help support the family, and I still work...Sorry to burst your bubble...

Sorry, but you do sound ike a typical lazy 'Taker.' These few basic requirements allow the entitlement recipient to give something back to the community. They should actually embrace it enthusiastically.
Good for you, good for you..When I'm at work Monday making 30 bucks an hour as a bricklayer...I'll smerk as I think of you..

Maine Drops 9000 From Food Stamps After They Refuse To Comply With Work Requirement

Republican Gov. Paul LePage recently began enforcing Maine’s volunteer and work requirements for food stamp SNAP recipients to keep their benefits. The end result was more than 9,000 non-disabled adults getting dropped from the program.

The rules prevent adults who are not disabled and do not have dependents from receiving food stamps for more than three months, unless they work at least 20 hours a week, participate in a work-training program, or meet volunteer guidelines for 24 hours out of the month. Any one of those three getting met will not result in the loss of their SNAP food benefits.

Liberals have sold government dependence so deliberately well, that even doing 24 hours of approved volunteer work a month for a capable adult became too much for more than 9,000 people. If it seems like I’m parroting these numbers again and again, you must realize the implications are staggering. Who in their right mind would turn down such a deal? Actually wanting a member of society to be productive in some reasonable way shouldn’t be too hard to meet!

Maine Drops 9000 From Food Stamps After They Refuse To Comply With Work Requirement -

I think it's fair to require some sort of community service. I think it's a good thing.

When government takes less from you, that's not a handout. Only lying liberals would have you believe that. It's your money, not the governments. That's much different than government giving you something you never had.

Yes it is. When the government reduces your tax bill, someone else has to pay the difference. The mortgage deduction is a handout.

Your tax bill is not your money. It's the government's money. If you don't believe me,

That's the problem in this country, you liberals think that all money belongs to government first, and what they allow you to keep is just kindness of their heart.

Let's say I was your neighbor sneaking into your house taking 100 dollars from your dresser drawer every week and you knew about it. Then I felt guilty about it, so I started to only take 80 dollars a week instead. Did I just give you 20 dollars a week?

That's besides the fact you don't understand what a mortgage deduction is. If you write off $4,000 for mortgage interest, that doesn't mean government give you that $4,000. It means you don't have to pay taxes on that money which isn't all that much.

Don't lie about what I said fuckwit. I said THE AMOUNT OF YOUR TAX BILL BELONGS TO THE GOVERNMENT.

Again, why are you paying it if it doesn't belong to the government?

$4000 is the equivalent of $333/month in food stamps.

Sorry, but you do sound ike a typical lazy 'Taker.' These few basic requirements allow the entitlement recipient to give something back to the community. They should actually embrace it enthusiastically.
Good for you, good for you..When I'm at work Monday making 30 bucks an hour as a bricklayer...I'll smerk as I think of you..

You should work up here. Bricklayers get the winter off and stay on unemployment.

Oh and while we're at it the mortgage deduction tends to be a higher income handout since you have to itemize to get it,
and people in the lower income brackets tend not to be able to take advantage of itemization.

You have a lot of hungry Republicans scrambling to find something to do. Since they aren't educated and are armed and that doesn't work, I guess we'll find out plan "B".

You have a lot of hungry Republicans scrambling to find something to do. Since they aren't educated and are armed and that doesn't work, I guess we'll find out plan "B".

They hunt retard.

Don't lie about what I said fuckwit. I said THE AMOUNT OF YOUR TAX BILL BELONGS TO THE GOVERNMENT.

Again, why are you paying it if it doesn't belong to the government?

$4000 is the equivalent of $333/month in food stamps.

It is not..... see, you don't know WTF you're even talking about when it comes to tax deductions. You don't get that money from the government, you still pay that money out of your pocket, it's just that you don't get taxed on that money as income.

You don't pay $4,000 in taxes on $4,000 in income. It's not the same thing as food stamps--not even close.

Well let me tell you, I'm a truck driver and this year alone, we need over 60,000 new drivers that industry can't find. When I go to industrial areas, I see countless sign after sign on companies that are looking for help. Go back three weeks later, the signs are still posted.

So the question is are these programs there for the truly indigent, or are people using them as an option to working?
Problem is also these people aren't qualified to do anything.

NM has jobs fairs year round for doctors, nurses, technicians, A/P,A/R,auditors,analysts,welders etc...

Yet... can't find qualified applicants with required training or work experience.
I agree they're not qualified, after all, they probably can't/couldn't afford higher education..

They are perfectly qualified for all those shovel ready jobs Barry promised.
Since those appear to be a no show,picking up trash is a perfect fit for these mental midgets.
When did our President ever promise shovel ready jobs?

Shovel ready was a condition for a proposed project to receive stimulus funding

Liar. That's not what Hussein said:

YouTube is funny how it can take things out of context isn't it?

Our President provided stimulus money for those projects that were ready to start immediately ......known as shovel ready
Those projects were proposed by the states. Our president was commenting on projects that met the criteria of.....shovel ready

Problem is also these people aren't qualified to do anything.

NM has jobs fairs year round for doctors, nurses, technicians, A/P,A/R,auditors,analysts,welders etc...

Yet... can't find qualified applicants with required training or work experience.
I agree they're not qualified, after all, they probably can't/couldn't afford higher education..

They are perfectly qualified for all those shovel ready jobs Barry promised.
Since those appear to be a no show,picking up trash is a perfect fit for these mental midgets.
When did our President ever promise shovel ready jobs?

Shovel ready was a condition for a proposed project to receive stimulus funding

Liar. That's not what Hussein said:

YouTube is funny how it can take things out of context isn't it?

Our President provided stimulus money for those projects that were ready to start immediately ......known as shovel ready
Those projects were proposed by the states. Our president was commenting on projects that met the criteria of.....shovel ready

Which were ALL of the construction jobs he sited in the Pork Bill.

Work doing what?
Republicans helped move millions of jobs to China and close over 40,000 factories under Bush. And Maine is 95% white so you can't blame it on blacks. Republicans gave tax breaks to companies moving to China. How many times have we posted the links.

So what jobs are they supposed to do after Republicans wrecked their jobs?
Uhh, Maine never had that many mfg jobs to begin with.
Maine runs on Timber tourism, lobsters and Poland Springs....That's it
Your numbers on factory jobs are a LIE.
The fact is we make plenty of stuff here in the US. The fact is many factories no longer require large numbers of people to operate them. The fact is unions are mostly to blame for those jobs which made US based plants non-competitive. The fact is no longer can a kid walk out high school into a factory job for they will hold for the next 35 years until they are given a party and a Timex watch....
Manufacturing jobs now require either advanced education and/or on the job training. Where as it may have required three people to operate one machine( one ofr each shift) not one person can operate multiple machines simultaneously and be able to not only program them, but turn wrenches to make minor repairs. Heavy repairs are outsourced to contractors who when called, travel to the facility and make repairs....usually immediately. It is no longer necessary nor fiscally sound for an employer to keep in house maintenance people. It simple costs too much.
Rather than pay some group of individual employees each $25 per hour plus benefits and taxes, it is cheaper to hire a contractor at $50 per hour to send their maintenance person to make the repairs. The contractor pays that tech's wages and benefits. In fact this is a creator of even MORE jobs.
Face this reality. No longer is the factory going to hire a guy to chase a broom around and then listen to that person complain he cannot feed his family on $12 per hour....No, the cleaning is sub contracted out to another company.....
Maine is not a wealthy state. It has a finite tax base. Maine does not have many skilled labor or even white collar positions because it is not an ideal location. There is only so much money available to tax to pay for social programs. The money has to come from somewhere. May as well be the people who benefit the most. Let them work...And you need to just shut up about it,

Work doing what?
Republicans helped move millions of jobs to China and close over 40,000 factories under Bush. And Maine is 95% white so you can't blame it on blacks. Republicans gave tax breaks to companies moving to China. How many times have we posted the links.

I thought Obama created record numbers of jobs this past year?
Yeah!!!!....so i wonder what deano's reaction to THAT will be?

Right, it's Republicans that are uneducated and going hungry. I guess that's why all the inner-cities vote Republican........huh?

Work doing what?

They can't find a charity where they can help 24 hours IN A MONTH? Pay for your own damn food or go hungry!
Local food pantry will work. And every city has one.

Mommy, I'm hungry.

Tough shit kid. I ain't gettin' no job!

If you bothered to read the article, the program only applies to abled bodied adults with no children.
And you assume that jobs are infinite/these "work requirements" actually do something useful.

Well let me tell you, I'm a truck driver and this year alone, we need over 60,000 new drivers that industry can't find. When I go to industrial areas, I see countless sign after sign on companies that are looking for help. Go back three weeks later, the signs are still posted.

So the question is are these programs there for the truly indigent, or are people using them as an option to working?
No one cares if you're a truck driver. Anecdotes you cannot back up mean nothing on this board. I prefer things I can verify. You don't know the individual circumstances of individuals, if they have transportation, their debt, if they have to pay child support, etc, etc, etc... I'm sure some people collect food stamps and don't work, but seriously, who cares? I certainly don't. People spend to much time trying to blame the small number of poor people who "abuse" programs then they do look at real issues, such as the neoliberalism that has been ruining america since the 70's..

A GOOGLE search of "trucking jobs go unfilled" yielded 33,000 results in .46 seconds. You would have done the same search if you were interested in something more than spewing loony leftist talking points. Obviously you are not.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...770060&usg=AFQjCNHaSlxGcIQ_Vo2TE74ro0avYI5-ag

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...7686/1&usg=AFQjCNGKvumsRgk145XhsKtW-a3UdwUFZA

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...-jobs/&usg=AFQjCNEb837gH-hJBQQ55PuhbC3mxTYh_g

Forum List

Back