What happens when you make people work for food stamps!

Irrelevant. The mortgage deduction is a handout. Your ability to go into debt does not deserve a handout from the government.

It encourages personal financial growth, you know improving your life, by yourself?

Homeownership is essential to our success...

Wrong. It is nothing more than a handout because home owners and future homeowners are a powerful lobby.

It rewards indebtedness as opposed to savings and paying as you go.

It's right and if you're too stupid to understand it, no surprise...

So let's assume you have or had a mortgage, are you telling me you didn't deduct the interest? Did you deduct your property taxes?
I got 22 dollars for property tax..

Maine Drops 9000 From Food Stamps After They Refuse To Comply With Work Requirement

Republican Gov. Paul LePage recently began enforcing Maine’s volunteer and work requirements for food stamp SNAP recipients to keep their benefits. The end result was more than 9,000 non-disabled adults getting dropped from the program.

The rules prevent adults who are not disabled and do not have dependents from receiving food stamps for more than three months, unless they work at least 20 hours a week, participate in a work-training program, or meet volunteer guidelines for 24 hours out of the month. Any one of those three getting met will not result in the loss of their SNAP food benefits.

Liberals have sold government dependence so deliberately well, that even doing 24 hours of approved volunteer work a month for a capable adult became too much for more than 9,000 people. If it seems like I’m parroting these numbers again and again, you must realize the implications are staggering. Who in their right mind would turn down such a deal? Actually wanting a member of society to be productive in some reasonable way shouldn’t be too hard to meet!

Maine Drops 9000 From Food Stamps After They Refuse To Comply With Work Requirement -
Work doing what?
Republicans helped move millions of jobs to China and close over 40,000 factories under Bush. And Maine is 95% white so you can't blame it on blacks. Republicans gave tax breaks to companies moving to China. How many times have we posted the links.

So what jobs are they supposed to do after Republicans wrecked their jobs?

And how many times do I have to post the FactCheck link showing you that Republicans did not give tax breaks to anybody moving jobs overseas? I know how liberals love to lie, but repeating the same lie over and over again won't make it truth.

That's besides the fact you didn't address the topic. People would rather give up their food stamps than actually have to work for them.
Once the narrative is established, the facts no longer matter.
The MSM, on board with the Regime, willingly and lovingly regurgitates the WH stance on jobs and the economy..
The narrative is "Obama has created 12 million new jobs"....The fallback narrative is, "wages are stagnant".."the income/wealth gap is growing"....
"tax breaks for the wealthy have suppressed wages"...."low income workers cannot support their families"..
So what we see is the Regime covering its ass with both hands.
They reserve the right to say they have created millions of jobs. They also reserve the right to say wages are held down and then quickly blame, the GOP and of course the "past administration".....

Obama will go down as the "Stagnant POTUS" his regime failed the middle class miserably, failed to recover economic growth and only succeeded in promoting racism. The "Wealth Gap" growth is owned by him and no one else. He has supplanted Carter as the least effective POTUS of my lifetime. Obama Care is a disaster that needs a quick and permanent death before no one can afford quality private healthcare. Single payer is not the answer for a successful America.
Oblama and the wealth gap, yeah, there never was one before Oblama....

Irrelevant. The mortgage deduction is a handout. Your ability to go into debt does not deserve a handout from the government.

It encourages personal financial growth, you know improving your life, by yourself?

Wrong. It is nothing more than a handout because home owners and future homeowners are a powerful lobby.

So let's assume you have or had a mortgage, are you telling me you didn't deduct the interest? Did you deduct your property taxes?

what the hell does that mean

--LOL

--LOL
On my tax return...I was awarded 22 bucks out of 223...

So are you a disabled senior vet?

Maine Drops 9000 From Food Stamps After They Refuse To Comply With Work Requirement

Republican Gov. Paul LePage recently began enforcing Maine’s volunteer and work requirements for food stamp SNAP recipients to keep their benefits. The end result was more than 9,000 non-disabled adults getting dropped from the program.

The rules prevent adults who are not disabled and do not have dependents from receiving food stamps for more than three months, unless they work at least 20 hours a week, participate in a work-training program, or meet volunteer guidelines for 24 hours out of the month. Any one of those three getting met will not result in the loss of their SNAP food benefits.

Liberals have sold government dependence so deliberately well, that even doing 24 hours of approved volunteer work a month for a capable adult became too much for more than 9,000 people. If it seems like I’m parroting these numbers again and again, you must realize the implications are staggering. Who in their right mind would turn down such a deal? Actually wanting a member of society to be productive in some reasonable way shouldn’t be too hard to meet!

Maine Drops 9000 From Food Stamps After They Refuse To Comply With Work Requirement -
Work doing what?
Republicans helped move millions of jobs to China and close over 40,000 factories under Bush. And Maine is 95% white so you can't blame it on blacks. Republicans gave tax breaks to companies moving to China. How many times have we posted the links.

And how many times do I have to post the FactCheck link showing you that Republicans did not give tax breaks to anybody moving jobs overseas? I know how liberals love to lie, but repeating the same lie over and over again won't make it truth.

That's besides the fact you didn't address the topic. People would rather give up their food stamps than actually have to work for them.
The MSM, on board with the Regime, willingly and lovingly regurgitates the WH stance on jobs and the economy..
The narrative is "Obama has created 12 million new jobs"....The fallback narrative is, "wages are stagnant".."the income/wealth gap is growing"....
"tax breaks for the wealthy have suppressed wages"...."low income workers cannot support their families"..
They reserve the right to say they have created millions of jobs. They also reserve the right to say wages are held down and then quickly blame, the GOP and of course the "past administration".....

Obama will go down as the "Stagnant POTUS" his regime failed the middle class miserably, failed to recover economic growth and only succeeded in promoting racism. The "Wealth Gap" growth is owned by him and no one else. He has supplanted Carter as the least effective POTUS of my lifetime. Obama Care is a disaster that needs a quick and permanent death before no one can afford quality private healthcare. Single payer is not the answer for a successful America.

The word growth eludes you in more than one way...

--LOL

you mean you got back 22 of your own dollars

your property tax 223 for a year where at

--LOL

SW Mizzouri...For 1240 sq ft house and 43 acres...

Work doing what?

No more than your myopic assumptions..

Good for Maine.

I liked their coverage: "elderly, children, disabled"
The rest, can go fuck themselves if state is able to provide them a job and they are refusing to work for their food...

--LOL

SW Mizzouri...For 1240 sq ft house and 43 acres...

cheap my homestead property is 1500

and it aint that fancy

our non homesteads are almost double

I heard a guy on the radio who explained why they dropped off. These people are all doing work off the books. They have jobs and they were collecting food stamps. They couldn't do 24 hours of volunteer work because they would have had to take time off from their full time jobs to do it.

Work doing what?

They can't find a charity where they can help 24 hours IN A MONTH? Pay for your own damn food or go hungry!
Local food pantry will work. And every city has one.

Why don't food pantries make people work for the food?
There's too many do gooders taking the jobs. I don't see where the unemployed who are receiving benefits couldn't work there. Probably not management material, though (unless they worked there a long time.)

Work doing what?

I don't think people should be made to work for food stamps. They should have time to find a job to get off of food stamps. Drug tests should be mandatory if you get welfare or food stamps. Here's why: If you bid and win contract work to get paid by the government with the people's money, you are subject to drug testing. What's the difference? You want to win business and get paid with the government's money and they require drug tests, welfare and food stamps are no different. You want, You comply. Or, if you are not going to give drug tests to welfare recipients, then contractors should not be required to undergo testing.

No more than your myopic assumptions..

No assumption, the current defense for his failures to revive our economy has used the "Wealth Gap" repeatedly. Bern baby Bern's success so for is rooted by this, can you understand or is this too much for you to comprehend...

Work doing what?

what factcheck link are you referring to?

i think you're probably not on the same page vis a vis the term "tax breaks". the reality is that corporatists have set out to destroy union labor and collective bargaining. they've moved jobs overseas because they can pay a pittance. then they're allowed to move their assets and income to places like the cayman islands where they can evade taxes

i pay taxes. i'll assume you pay taxes. don't you think that exxon/mobil should pay taxes?

and if a corporation, any corporation, doesn't use american labor, shouldn't there be a penalty for that?
Nope.....First off, you are kool aided into the belief that large corps do not pay taxes and that they are all based in other countries.
Next, you are deluded to the lib narrative that there are no manufacturing jobs in the US...
The fact is that if in certain industries companies did not use the tax code to their advantage they would not be competitive.
The blame?
Goes to lots of places. all point the finger to government.
The tax code....
Crushing regulations which on the surface may appear as though useful, in many cases create competitive hardships.
Unions? Never a factor. At their peak, unions represented just one third of private sector workers. That was in the early 1960's.
Lowering taxes against business allows employment to grow, but people like you do not view taxation as a means to increase revenue. You view taxation as a means to punish success.
When did profitability become a dirty word?
Now....What does any of this have to do with the State of Maine requiring one to work in order to collect benefits?

This article merely points out that people do not need these food stamps. It's there for the taking as long as it's offered for free. That's in contrast to liberals who told us these programs are a necessity and people would die without them.
Same applies to health insurance. Which the libs for political reasons refer to as "healthcare"..

Forum List

Back