What Exactly Is "Hysterical Fear" After Muslim Terrorist Attacks in Paris and Mali?

Easy, didn't you say you had a journalism degree?

If so, you have been doing a bang-up job of demonstrating how stupid our journalists are.

g5000, since the FBI, CIA, DHS, and even the WH has ADMITTED that there are no Syrian Agencies, no official documents, no official bios, and no REAL 'official' documents to use to fully vet these Syrian refugees, how can you or any Lib actually try to claim none of these Syrians let into the country included terrorists?.

Please see post 206. It pretty much sums up my feelings about people like you.

What Exactly Is "Hysterical Fear" After Muslim Terrorist Attacks in Paris and Mali?

A ruse... meaning: a loathesome a lie... by a desperate anti-American cult, doin' what should reasonably be expected of a desperate anti-American cult, that knows that it has run its course, and the party ... is over.

WHAT IS THE LIBERALS' FAVORITE ELECTION YEAR STRATEGY?

A ruse... meaning: a loathesome a lie... by a desperate anti-American cult, doin' what should reasonably be expected of a desperate anti-American cult, that knows that it has run its course, and the party ... is over.

:thanks:

the problem is that no one can tell them apart. BTW, where are the women and children and old people in the so-called refugees? Why are the vast majority of them men in their 20s and 30s?
bullshit!
▪ Only 2,200 Syrians have been admitted in the past four years (10,000 are expected over the next year) and 70 percent have been either women or children under age 14.

▪ The situation here is “entirely different” from Europe, where refugees are flooding across borders. Here, they aren’t admitted until they are vetted for at least 18 months.

▪ No terrorist incident has ever been traced to somebody admitted through the American refugee resettlement program.

▪ A plurality of refugees admitted to the U.S. from all destinations are Christian. And while most of the Syrian refugees so far are Muslim, this makes sense because “it’s a mostly Muslim country and most of the victims are Muslim.”

So why pursue a claim that is as false as it is cruel? Perhaps the GOP hopefuls are having trouble differentiating themselves from Obama on Syria. For all the criticism of his approach to the Islamic State, several supposed alternatives have already been tried.

There’s a solid case to be made against Obama’s handling of the Islamic State. His efforts clearly haven’t worked so far, and he continues to struggle to articulate his strategy. At his news conference in Turkey on Monday after the G-20 conference, Obama became defensive. He said his critics “seem to think that if I was just more bellicose in expressing what we’re doing, that that would make a difference.”

Nobody asked about the Republicans’ refugee rhetoric – so Obama brought it up himself. He called it “shameful” and told leaders “not to feed that dark impulse inside of us.”

A worthy opposition would demand more force and clarity from Obama on the Islamic State – not make scapegoats of innocents fleeing for their lives.

Dana Milbank writes for the Washington Post.

Read more here: GOP Syrian refugee rhetoric false, cruel

LOL, from the Washington post and "senior administration officials". and you are so fricken naïve that you believe it. sad, truly sad.
As opposed to someone named Redfish on the internet. I'll take Mr. Milbank, the Post, and Time with an unnamed quote in every instance.

its a free country, you can believe whatever you want. I really don't give a shit what you believe. your opinions have no value or credence, but I support your right to state them.

But....but I thought it was 'fricken naive' to quote unnamed sources. And yet you do it regularly.

What happened to your mantra of 'prove them wrong' when we asked you to back the drivel spewed by some random WordPress blog post you cited?

Sigh......'fricken naive' indeed.

everyone on this silly message board is posting their opinions. Anyone can find a cite to support their opinions, so claiming that one is valid and another is not is bullshit.

This is a place to post opinions, discuss issues, hurl insults, and sometimes reach agreement.

We are all Americans (most of us anyway) and for the most part we all want our country to be successful, prosperous, and safe.

We differ on how to achieve those ends, but if we forget that we are all in this together, then the USA is on its way out.

We need to forget the partisan bullshit and look at things and politicians realistically. Almost all of them have some good and some bad.

Having said that, I truly believe that Obama is the worst president this country has ever elected. Not because he is black or a democrat, but because of what he believes and what he has done.

and before you on the left bring up Bush, he made some serious mistakes as did Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, Washington, Jefferson, et al.

We really need to put the partisan bullshit aside and realize that this country is at a turning point. We need to be careful to not let it tip too far either way, and we need to work together to that end.

another paranoid response. there is taking shit seriously and there is batshit, guess which one you are.
attaboy, G, don't let facts slow ya down... :p
Not a problem for me you on the other hand will swallow any amount of bullshit to feed your paranoia.
another reality check: all of the terrorists in the Paris attack were homegrown French citizens.

Hysterical fear is any type of fear that provokes a response disproportionate to the threat.

Hysterical fear is what leads you to create a big government surveillance bureaucracy in response to a threat that is lower than your chances of being struck by lightning.

Hysterical fear is what makes otherwise rational people give government more money and power to save the world

(Don't you fucking morons get it: government always makes things worse, e.g., government "fixed" Iraq by making it more unstable and more likely to breed terrorism).

The goal of ISIS is to produce hysterical fear in the Middle East so that moderate Muslims are afraid to challenge the extremists. The goal of ISIS is to scare the West into hating all Muslims, thus making it impossible for the west to empower moderate Muslims in the region.

The goal of the American Right is to use the hysterical fear created by ISIS to get elected.

ISIS and the American Right use hysterical fear for the same end: political power.

Last edited:
bullshit!
▪ Only 2,200 Syrians have been admitted in the past four years (10,000 are expected over the next year) and 70 percent have been either women or children under age 14.

▪ The situation here is “entirely different” from Europe, where refugees are flooding across borders. Here, they aren’t admitted until they are vetted for at least 18 months.

▪ No terrorist incident has ever been traced to somebody admitted through the American refugee resettlement program.

▪ A plurality of refugees admitted to the U.S. from all destinations are Christian. And while most of the Syrian refugees so far are Muslim, this makes sense because “it’s a mostly Muslim country and most of the victims are Muslim.”

So why pursue a claim that is as false as it is cruel? Perhaps the GOP hopefuls are having trouble differentiating themselves from Obama on Syria. For all the criticism of his approach to the Islamic State, several supposed alternatives have already been tried.

There’s a solid case to be made against Obama’s handling of the Islamic State. His efforts clearly haven’t worked so far, and he continues to struggle to articulate his strategy. At his news conference in Turkey on Monday after the G-20 conference, Obama became defensive. He said his critics “seem to think that if I was just more bellicose in expressing what we’re doing, that that would make a difference.”

Nobody asked about the Republicans’ refugee rhetoric – so Obama brought it up himself. He called it “shameful” and told leaders “not to feed that dark impulse inside of us.”

A worthy opposition would demand more force and clarity from Obama on the Islamic State – not make scapegoats of innocents fleeing for their lives.

Dana Milbank writes for the Washington Post.

Read more here: GOP Syrian refugee rhetoric false, cruel

LOL, from the Washington post and "senior administration officials". and you are so fricken naïve that you believe it. sad, truly sad.
As opposed to someone named Redfish on the internet. I'll take Mr. Milbank, the Post, and Time with an unnamed quote in every instance.

its a free country, you can believe whatever you want. I really don't give a shit what you believe. your opinions have no value or credence, but I support your right to state them.

But....but I thought it was 'fricken naive' to quote unnamed sources. And yet you do it regularly.

What happened to your mantra of 'prove them wrong' when we asked you to back the drivel spewed by some random WordPress blog post you cited?

everyone on this silly message board is posting their opinions. Anyone can find a cite to support their opinions, so claiming that one is valid and another is not is bullshit.

This is a place to post opinions, discuss issues, hurl insults, and sometimes reach agreement.

We are all Americans (most of us anyway) and for the most part we all want our country to be successful, prosperous, and safe.

We differ on how to achieve those ends, but if we forget that we are all in this together, then the USA is on its way out.

We need to forget the partisan bullshit and look at things and politicians realistically. Almost all of them have some good and some bad.

Having said that, I truly believe that Obama is the worst president this country has ever elected. Not because he is black or a democrat, but because of what he believes and what he has done.

and before you on the left bring up Bush, he made some serious mistakes as did Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, Washington, Jefferson, et al.

We really need to put the partisan bullshit aside and realize that this country is at a turning point. We need to be careful to not let it tip too far either way, and we need to work together to that end.
the award for the best steaming pile of melodramatic fearmongering pull up your skirts and run away bullshit gores too.....

The KKK was made up almost exclusively of democrats.

2dgqbzp.jpg

Not anymore.

The Klan was and is exclusively Christian and conservative. Funny how you tards always leave that part out.

Christians do not believe in murder, neither do conservatives. The KKK was neither Christian or conservative. nor was it liberal, but it was made up primarily of democrats.

spin that however you like. David Duke was not a Christian or a conservative. He was, and is, a white racist Nazi. He represents no one but himself and a tiny minority of idiots.

Hysterical fear is any type of fear that provokes a response disproportionate to the threat.

Hysterical fear is what leads you to create a big government surveillance bureaucracy in response to a threat that is lower than your chances of being struck by lightning.

Hysterical fear is what makes otherwise rational people give government more money and power to save the world

(Don't you fucking morons get it: government always makes things worse, e.g., government "fixed" Iraq by making it more unstable and more likely to breed terrorism).

The goal of ISIS is to produce hysterical fear in the Middle East so that moderate Muslims are afraid to challenge the extremists. The goal of ISIS is to scare the West into hating all Muslims, thus making it impossible for the west to empower moderate Muslims in the region. The goal of the American Right is to use the hysterical fear created by ISIS to get elected.

ISIS and the American Right use hysterical fear for the same end: political power.
pretty good summary, but the American left does exactly the same thing. As do both sides in merry old England.

The goal of ISIS is to produce hysterical fear in the Middle East so that moderate Muslims are afraid to challenge the extremists. The goal of ISIS is to scare the West into hating all Muslims, thus making it impossible for the west to empower moderate Muslims in the region. The goal of the American Right is to use the hysterical fear created by ISIS to get elected.

thanks captain everything's a conspiracy!
an adult would have admitted to being wrong.
The two sources that you used are both biased and left wing. it is what it is.
bias is bad when you're wrong..
so you have no argument

media bias is bad no matter which side it takes. Do you really want a state controlled media?
false bias is only bad when it wrong.

WTF does that mean? Bias is by definition wrong.

the award for the best steaming pile of melodramatic fearmongering pull up your skirts and run away bullshit gores too.....

melodramatic fearmongering??? please point out which statements of my last post fit those descriptions. Because I gave my true impressions of Obama? Are you that far up his ass?

2dgqbzp.jpg

Not anymore.

The Klan was and is exclusively Christian and conservative. Funny how you tards always leave that part out.

Christians do not believe in murder, neither do conservatives. The KKK was neither Christian or conservative. nor was it liberal, but it was made up primarily of democrats.

spin that however you like. David Duke was not a Christian or a conservative. He was, and is, a white racist Nazi. He represents no one but himself and a tiny minority of idiots.
bullshit! if Christians don't believe in murder why the fuck do they do so much of it?
the they are not real Christians ploy will not wash .they are just as Christian from there pov than any other.
stop rationalizing .

thanks captain everything's a conspiracy!
an adult would have admitted to being wrong.
The two sources that you used are both biased and left wing. it is what it is.
bias is bad when you're wrong..
so you have no argument

media bias is bad no matter which side it takes. Do you really want a state controlled media?
false bias is only bad when it wrong.

WTF does that mean? Bias is by definition wrong.
only when it's not factual.
example: the Klu Klux clan are racists .
a factual and bias statement .

2dgqbzp.jpg

Not anymore.

bullshit! if Christians don't believe in murder why the fuck do they do so much of it?
the they are not real Christians ploy will not wash .they are just as Christian from there pov than any other.
stop rationalizing .

Other than the crusades, when have Christians killed in the name of Christianity?
Do you know anything about the crusades? Do you know why Christian Europe decided to rid the world of Islam? Do you know how much territory and how many millions the muslims killed before stopped by the crusadrers?

like all libs, you rant and rave from ignorance. you are quite pathetic.

Which of the world wars was waged in the name of Jesus?

When did a murderer ever scream "praise Jesus" before blowing himself up and killing innocents?

melodramatic fearmongering??? please point out which statements of my last post fit those descriptions. Because I gave my true impressions of Obama? Are you that far up his ass?
all of it.
why would I have to be up Obama's ass to point out the obvious melodrama ?

Last edited:

2dgqbzp.jpg

Not anymore.

stop rationalizing .

Other than the crusades, when have Christians killed in the name of Christianity?
Do you know anything about the crusades? Do you know why Christian Europe decided to rid the world of Islam? Do you know how much territory and how many millions the muslims killed before stopped by the crusadrers?

like all libs, you rant and rave from ignorance. you are quite pathetic.

Which of the world wars was waged in the name of Jesus?

When did a murderer ever scream "praise Jesus" before blowing himself up and killing innocents?
rationalize this much over what you had for dinner too?

Forum List

Back