What Everyone Wants to Hear, but Nobody is Saying

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
"Well, we are going to employ these strategies until..."

"If we do all this for [a period of time], then we can get past all these restrictions..."

"Whenever [this] happens, we will know that this pandemic is abating..."

Get it? Everything is, "Do this for now," but there is no end date. That's what is causing the anxiety. I realize that nobody wants to stick his neck out and project an end date to this "social distancing" stuff, but at least they could say that when a certain set of conditions prevail we will be starting to scale back.

I haven't heard that from anyone, even though the factories in Wuhan are starting up again, eh?

As I look at all this stuff - the closings that seem to be an over-reaction - I recall what my mother did when my older brother got the chicken pox: Had us sleep in the same bed so I'd get 'em too (it worked).

No more worries.

I realize that nobody wants to stick his neck out and project an end date to this "social distancing" stuff, but at least they could say that when a certain set of conditions prevail we will be starting to scale back.

No one really knows. Anyone who says they know, is blowing smoke up your arse.

This isn't a particularly bad disease, compared to many other viral infections. But, it is proving to be quite difficult to second guess.

It may be months before we can even guess what the course of the virus will be.

In the mean time, chill. This isn't the end of the world.

As long as the media is involved it will be headlines- until the next "catastrophe" they can pin on Trump-

As long as the media is involved it will be headlines- until the next "catastrophe" they can pin on Trump-
Now there's the matter of the stock market. Were seasoned investors really that spooked, if there wasn't any there there?

I heard them say after we hit the peak and start heading back down.

Now there's the matter of the stock market. Were seasoned investors really that spooked, if there wasn't any there there?
It’s called Institutional Trading; they can’t lose even if it looks like they are.

"If we do all this for [a period of time], then we can get past all these restrictions..."

Get it? Everything is, "Do this for now," but there is no end date. That's what is causing the anxiety. I realize that nobody wants to stick his neck out and project an end date to this "social distancing" stuff, but at least they could say that when a certain set of conditions prevail we will be starting to scale back.

I haven't heard that from anyone, even though the factories in Wuhan are starting up again, eh?

As I look at all this stuff - the closings that seem to be an over-reaction - I recall what my mother did when my older brother got the chicken pox: Had us sleep in the same bed so I'd get 'em too (it worked).

No more worries.

My understanding is things will go back to normal or somewhat normal when they have better forms of treatment or we are able to produce the increasing need of protective gear and respirators.

No more worries.

And what's missing from this picture?

I'll give you a moment.

It's what happens when a population doesn't isolate a pandemic virus.

1918-spanish-flu-gettyimages-520830329.jpg

Everybody who wants that ^^ .... sneeze on the count of three. And project it so it sails. Don't be selfish, share.

No more worries.

My understanding is things will go back to normal or somewhat normal when they have better forms of treatment or we are able to produce the increasing need of protective gear and respirators.
Or when almost everyone gets past this in the next couple of months.

No more worries.
well Trump and the CDC team did, so you weren't listening. You should really use the internet if you want to bitch. First off, the current restrictions are set for 15 days. Stated and documented. At 15 days they will re-evaluate the conditions in the country. Fk, I hate stupid.

No more worries.

I'll give you a moment.

Everybody who wants that ^^ .... sneeze on the count of three. And project it so it sails. Don't be selfish, share.
You don't even know what pandemic even means. what a shame you misrepresenting what a pandemic is. look it up and then delete your post.

It’s called Institutional Trading; they can’t lose even if it looks like they are.
Somebody needs to check that "institution". Apparently, someone lost the key!

No more worries.

I'll give you a moment.

You don't even know what pandemic even means. what a shame you misrepresenting what a pandemic is. look it up and then delete your post.
Actually, from your post, it's you who doesn't understand what "pandemic" means.

No more worries.

I'll give you a moment.

It's a PICTURE OF ONE, Jingle bells.

No more worries.

I'll give you a moment.

Actually, from your post, it's you who doesn't understand what "pandemic" means.
well actually no, you don't. all pandemic means prevalent over a whole country or the world. that's all. so please delete your post. there are no figures tied to the word,. so please use words correctly.

No more worries.

I'll give you a moment.

It's a PICTURE OF ONE, Jingle bells.
no it isn't. post the link

No more worries.

I'll give you a moment.

well actually no, you don't. all pandemic means prevalent over a whole country or the world. that's all. so please delete your post. there are no figures tied to the word,. so please use words correctly.
Not so. Pandemic is global, and there are various other nuances your simplistic dictionary definition didn't go into.

Here's web MD explaining the CDC'S use of the term.

What Is a Pandemic?

Forum List

Back