What Everyone Wants to Hear, but Nobody is Saying

"Well, we are going to employ these strategies until..."

"If we do all this for [a period of time], then we can get past all these restrictions..."

"Whenever [this] happens, we will know that this pandemic is abating..."

Get it? Everything is, "Do this for now," but there is no end date. That's what is causing the anxiety. I realize that nobody wants to stick his neck out and project an end date to this "social distancing" stuff, but at least they could say that when a certain set of conditions prevail we will be starting to scale back.

I haven't heard that from anyone, even though the factories in Wuhan are starting up again, eh?

As I look at all this stuff - the closings that seem to be an over-reaction - I recall what my mother did when my older brother got the chicken pox: Had us sleep in the same bed so I'd get 'em too (it worked).

No more worries.

And what's missing from this picture?

I'll give you a moment.

It's what happens when a population doesn't isolate a pandemic virus.

1918-spanish-flu-gettyimages-520830329.jpg

Everybody who wants that ^^ .... sneeze on the count of three. And project it so it sails. Don't be selfish, share.
You don't even know what pandemic even means. what a shame you misrepresenting what a pandemic is. look it up and then delete your post.
Actually, from your post, it's you who doesn't understand what "pandemic" means.
well actually no, you don't. all pandemic means prevalent over a whole country or the world. that's all. so please delete your post. there are no figures tied to the word,. so please use words correctly.
Not so. Pandemic is global, and there are various other nuances your simplistic dictionary definition didn't go into.

Here's web MD explaining the CDC'S use of the term.

What Is a Pandemic?

"If we do all this for [a period of time], then we can get past all these restrictions..."

Get it? Everything is, "Do this for now," but there is no end date. That's what is causing the anxiety. I realize that nobody wants to stick his neck out and project an end date to this "social distancing" stuff, but at least they could say that when a certain set of conditions prevail we will be starting to scale back.

I haven't heard that from anyone, even though the factories in Wuhan are starting up again, eh?

As I look at all this stuff - the closings that seem to be an over-reaction - I recall what my mother did when my older brother got the chicken pox: Had us sleep in the same bed so I'd get 'em too (it worked).

No more worries.

I'll give you a moment.

Everybody who wants that ^^ .... sneeze on the count of three. And project it so it sails. Don't be selfish, share.
You don't even know what pandemic even means. what a shame you misrepresenting what a pandemic is. look it up and then delete your post.
Actually, from your post, it's you who doesn't understand what "pandemic" means.
well actually no, you don't. all pandemic means prevalent over a whole country or the world. that's all. so please delete your post. there are no figures tied to the word,. so please use words correctly.
Not so. Pandemic is global, and there are various other nuances your simplistic dictionary definition didn't go into.

What Is a Pandemic?
sorry dude, paywall. can't see your article. Pandemic merely means affected area. nothing about epidemic. which I believe your link was going to explain but I got the paywall.

As long as the media is involved it will be headlines- until the next "catastrophe" they can pin on Trump-
Now there's the matter of the stock market. Were seasoned investors really that spooked, if there wasn't any there there?

Well I'm sitting pat and waiting this insanity out. This ain't my first rodeo but this ones a real bucker alright.

As long as the media is involved it will be headlines- until the next "catastrophe" they can pin on Trump-
Now there's the matter of the stock market. Were seasoned investors really that spooked, if there wasn't any there there?
It’s called Institutional Trading; they can’t lose even if it looks like they are.
Also layer in unscrupulous traders churning unseasoned clients’ accounts.

It’s called Institutional Trading; they can’t lose even if it looks like they are.
Also layer in unscrupulous traders churning unseasoned clients’ accounts.
it's nice they're such great americans huh?

I'll give you a moment.

What Is a Pandemic?

I'll give you a moment.

What Is a Pandemic?
sorry dude, paywall. can't see your article. Pandemic merely means affected area. nothing about epidemic. which I believe your link was going to explain but I got the paywall.

Just to be sure everybody sees it, Wanker here shouts his ignorance from the rooftops.

English lesson --- the prefix "pan" means "throughout" or "everywhere". a panorama shows you everything. A "Pan American" event involves all countries in the Americas. a pandemic is an epidemic that spreads everywhere. Learn to English.

What Is a Pandemic?

What Is a Pandemic?

Just to be sure everybody sees it, Wanker here shouts his ignorance from the rooftops.

English lesson --- the prefix "pan" means "throughout" or "everywhere". a panorama shows you everything. A "Pan American" event involves all countries in the Americas. a pandemic is an epidemic that spreads everywhere.
I said that. so you're factually incorrect. you should reread what I wrote because I don't think you understand the english language. prevalent over a whole country or the world. did you read this? obviously you didn't understand that language.

No more worries.

Yes precisely....and that will be when Trump is voted out....that is what they are not saying....that is the strategy. I don't think they can hold out for very long though.....even the Lefty Billionaires want their money making machines back in action.

JO

we are all going to die

this has been true since we were born, for all of us

fun fact -- most of us will die before Jesus comes back and after the Chinese Virus subsides

In the scheme of things the stock market should be the last of our concerns- it has enough money to float- everyday people not so much.

I'll give you a moment.

What Is a Pandemic?

I'll give you a moment.

What Is a Pandemic?
You lie. There is no paywall at web MD.

What Is a Pandemic?

What Is a Pandemic?

English lesson --- the prefix "pan" means "throughout" or "everywhere". a panorama shows you everything. A "Pan American" event involves all countries in the Americas. a pandemic is an epidemic that spreads everywhere.
I said that. so you're factually incorrect. you should reread what I wrote because I don't think you understand the english language. prevalent over a whole country or the world. did you read this? obviously you didn't understand that language.

Fer fuxsake you can't even spell the word "English" so a multisyllable challenge like pandemic is gonna be waaaaay over your head.

ROLL TAPE.

Pandemic merely means affected area. nothing about epidemic

This is why you're on Ignore, retard.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back