what ever happened to the Tea Party?

I'm sorry. The "Tea Party Movement" was an example of monied right winger playmakers recognizing that they could capitalize on an intense dissatisfaction with the results of the 2008 Presidential election among engaged GOP voters with time on their hands.

Every time you post, you prove what a clueless hack you are. Are you related to Dick Lick?

I haven't seen a bunch of guys in 3 cornered hats holding misspelled signs lately. What happened to the TP? :tongue:
They got BITCH-SLAPPED.....

....by The DICK; Armey.

346.gif

dick_armey_libertysummit-cropped-proto-custom_2.jpg

kids+laughing.jpg

"Whatta bunch o' fuckin' SUCKERS!!!"

I'm sorry. The "Tea Party Movement" was an example of monied right winger playmakers recognizing that they could capitalize on an intense dissatisfaction with the results of the 2008 Presidential election among engaged GOP voters with time on their hands.

Every time you post, you prove what a clueless hack you are. Are you related to Dick Lick?

Well then, be a good citizen and help me understand the truth. Say something factual. Anything.

With that pizza boy, who tanked God Fathers, out of the race (hopefully, along with his pizza-deal inspired tax plan), there's not much reason for the Tea Party to be in the news. The jewish media isn't going to look for reasons... maybe if a tea partier is caught peeing in public, the jewish media will give the Tea Party some air time.

It's easy to make fun of folks who are passionate about what they're passionate about.

I think we misunderestimate the Tea Party at our own peril.

I say this with the knowledge that I'm one of those moderate folks who has witnessed the Republican party steer hard in a direction I'm not sure is right or wrong or left or what.

I'm a deficit hawk, that's why I want to see those types of folks have a good influence on our system. I think it takes serious adults to come together and give and take on some things to get things done. Unfortunately, I'm not watching this happen with the Republicans in the House.

I think Boehner's actually a fair guy. He's always been the type to compromise, but now he's sort of beholden to his base, and I think maybe they're so passionate about their thing that they lose sight of the fact that, love 'em or hate 'em, the Democrats control the Senate and the White House.

I just think it's better that if you're the odd one out in those three, such as the Republicans are in the House, than basically get some of your stuff through and signed by the President, even if that means closing some tax loopholes on very wealthy corporations and to let the Bush Tax Cuts expire.

As a fiscal conservative, I would want to be able to say that my name is on something that will reduce the debt by a good $4 trillion over 10 years. It doesn't have to be as drastic as the Ryan plan, it just needs to signal that we're going to slowly veer back into taking collective responsibility for the debt.

It seems that nowadays, if you think taxes ought to be raised modestly on the folks who made out quite well this last decade, that that makes you jealous of rich people or envious of success or even worse, that you are waging class warfare.

I call bullshit on that premise because making a responsible decision is conservative to me, and one piece of our very large puzzle in fixing our fiscal crisis is to have our government retain the power to raise a little revenue from 2% of our society while they're tax rates overall would remain far below historical averages of the past few generations.

It's true that raising some taxes won't solve the $15 trillion problem all on it's own, but together with sensible cuts here and there and the closing of tax loopholes for those that invest outside of America coupled with a great big jobs bill that does some investing in jobs, we can get ourselves out of this mess over time just like our grandparents did.

So, I appreciate the Tea Party's spirit on spending, but I do question their seriousness in the House, where it seems like they're trying to make a point with their bills rather than trying to find common ground in order to get a real nice debt package signed by a Democratic President, which to me spells success for deficit hawks.

I don't know if the Tea Party is still active, but the media clearly doesn't want us to think it is.

I haven't seen a bunch of guys in 3 cornered hats holding misspelled signs lately. What happened to the TP? :tongue:

You're a cruel man... :badgrin:

I think the problem with the TEA party is that the GOP itself sandbagged it. The establishment has shown it would rather lose an election than control of the party.

Kind of like when in 1996, the Establishment wanted to distance itself from the Contract with America.

The Tea Party pretty much started going into the shitter when the hardcore Christian rightwingers like Palin, Bachmann and Beck recognized opportunity and co-opted the movement.

It was interesting before that. Responsible spending by government. Cool. That lasted about a week before the wingers took over.

You might have a point. The TEA movement didn't start out with the religous nutters. It started with legitimate concerns about taxes (even though no one was really talking about raising them) and the deficit and increases in the size of government.

When anyone touts their conservative values and then votes for NDAA they lose credibility. The tea partiers in Congress sold out our 4th amendment right. I reject the idea that voting for a bill to show you are pro-military justifies the authorization of bill of rights violations. Are they there to do a job or get re-elected? Voting for the sake of your record is the very definition of selling out. I am sure the establishment welcomed them with open arms and fat checks for their next campaigns.

Forum List

Back