What election reform would you suggest? - I have some questions and suggestion ideas

Some sort of IQ test proving that you are at least smarter than a rock and do not believe the Constitution is 400 years old, that the US does not have 57 States, or that Guam would capsize and sink if we sent more troops and equipment to the island.

Is that for voting or being placed on the ballot?

FYI democrats cheat... if you make a test they'll just copy the answers or change the results of the tests.

Huh? Yes, it does. Just add a write in candidate as your number one vote.
2 - Otherwise you appear to be looking for a way to vote against candidates in order to be able to somehow stop other people from voting for anyone. Makes no sense.

3 - You want some sort of none of the above, with no ability for anyone else to vote? Maybe you should start your own kingdom. But yes it is exactly because of ignorant voters, that we don't have a working system such as the ranking one that you are voting against because it does not allow you to be sole decider of the election
Last time I went to vote in 2004 in North Philadelphia, THERE WAS NO WRITE IN OPTION - THAT is how rigged US elections are.
2 - Makes no sense for me to be looking for ways to vote against candidates if they are decent candidates, makes no sense what you say.

Well then you have two problems. There should always be a write in option, even if the option is NA for none of the above. 51% voting for none of the above should result tossing all of the candidates out and starting over with an emergency election with a time limit of 3m or so, possibly with the state legislature selecting a stand in to replace the incumbent, (esp. if NA won over him).
I agree

Some sort of IQ test proving that you are at least smarter than a rock and do not believe the Constitution is 400 years old, that the US does not have 57 States, or that Guam would capsize and sink if we sent more troops and equipment to the island.

Maybe we can include questions about global warming and evolution

[You have a total misunderstanding of the electoral college and the basis for our republic.

I won't get into the remedial lesson of 50 separate states that have the ability to create their own law and so on...but I will say that popular vote would do exactly the opposite of what you claim.

Obviously, you don't believe in states rights and you believe CA law should be VA or KY or NY law.

Guy, you don't keep doing a stupid thing because 200 years ago, some slave-rapists thought it was a good idea.

And heck, their ORIGINAL concept was that the electoral college would usually be hung, and Congress would decide the presidency. It took all of four elections to determine what a horrible idea that was before they modified it with the 12th Amendment.

[
You think 10 states decide the election now? If not for the electoral college, why would a politician even worry about campaigning outside of CA, TX, NY FL and IL. Those 5 states could decide the election themselves through popular vote. Smaller population states would essentially have no say. On top of that, why would any politician care about a less populated city in those states when all they have to do is campaign and make promises in LA, NY, Dallas, Miami, and Chicago.

Yes, I've heard this silly argument before, that if EVERYONE in the five biggest states ALL voted the same way, they could win the election no matter what the rest of the country thought.

Do you know how unlikely it is that would happen? Four of those five states voted for Obama anyway, Florida by a very thin margin. So een though 49% of Floridians and 40% of Californians voted for the Weird Mormon Robot, their votes didn't really count.

[
Are you prepared to allow this? I live in VA...I don't want elections to be determined by CA.

But you are perfectly fine with the election being decided by New Hampshire? Despite what the rest of the country wanted?

[
But then again, if I read correctly, you don't believe in state's rights. You don't think TX should have different laws and ideas than CA. It seems as if you think VA citizens should accept CA policy and have no say of their own. This is what the electoral college is about. It preserves the basis that we are 50 different states bound together by a national Constitution.

A notion that SHOULD have been discarded after the Civil War proved it to be unworkable.

[
Of course, their are more complex issues, but this is not the forum for real discussions.

NO, guy, it's not complex at all. The concept of Democracy is one man, one vote and majority rules. Four times in history have we let this anachronism of the Electoral College chose presidents. They were easily the four worst presidents in our history, with Bush being the worst of the lot.

1. Strict, short term limits - does anyone think these thugs would behave this way if they weren't worried about fundraising?
2. Publicly-funded elections - see #1

And just for good measure:

3. Balanced Budget Amendment - make each party justify their taxing & spending ideas.

Remove the power from those who abuse it the most.

My weekly rant!

:rock:

Last edited:
remove anyone who relies on the government for their paycheck (government employees, military personnel, welfare recipients, etc.) from the voters rolls...
WOW thank you. I agree completely - can anyone explain why this would not be right?

It is retarded, that's why.

Anyone who sends their kids to public school should not be allowed to vote on school budgets
Farmers should not be allowed to vote
Same with corporate executives
If you work for a company that gets government contracts you shouldnot vote

Last edited:
1) Get rid of the Electoral College.

The electoral college is the most important check on State's rights. The electoral college gives voting power to smaller states and keeps states with larger populations from deciding elections and ultimately policy.

Why would a "State" need a "right". State's are imaginary entities. They only really exist on paper.

"Illinois" has never been over to my house for a cup of coffee.

What the electoral College does is take an election that should be run in all 50 states and lets about 10 states decide the election. It has a distorting view on what our problems are.

2004 SHOULD have been about how badly Bush fucked up the economy and the War. Instead it became about whether gays should be able to marry in Ohio. We're totally going to amend the constitution to keep them gays from marrying. Oh, ignore the fact Dick Cheney's daughter is a Lezbo!

JoeB is a figment of my imagination

Have banks serve as polling places, you have to show photo ID. Your photo ID must match a valid address in the voter rolls. If you try to vote more that once, you get locked in the vault

Last edited:
Repeal the 17th amendment. This would allow state legislatures to elect their senators to represent the states.

For presidential elections, either have a separate ballot with only the presidential race or allow states to have their state, county, and local elections on another day. This would let voters in a state vote anywhere in the state. Have the same laws for early and absentee voting for this election. The majority of complaints about election laws would disappear because most of the attention is about the president's race.

Do away with all primary elections. Allow state party's to decide how their nominees are selected for the general election and the national party for the presidential election.

remove anyone who relies on the government for their paycheck (government employees, military personnel, welfare recipients, etc.) from the voters rolls...

So the people whose lives are at risk from military decisions shouldn't vote?

And people on social security shouldn't vote?

No offense..... That's ridiculous.

Get money out of politics

Get rid of the electoral college which gives the vote of someone who lives where there are ten people more weight than my vote has.

Repeal the 17th amendment. This would allow state legislatures to elect their senators to represent the states.

For presidential elections, either have a separate ballot with only the presidential race or allow states to have their state, county, and local elections on another day. This would let voters in a state vote anywhere in the state. Have the same laws for early and absentee voting for this election. The majority of complaints about election laws would disappear because most of the attention is about the president's race.

Do away with all primary elections. Allow state party's to decide how their nominees are selected for the general election and the national party for the presidential election.

Just what we need....more power to the politicians

WOW thank you. I agree completely - can anyone explain why this would not be right?

Very interesting coming from a person whose signature reads: "How many sane, able bodied adult Americans refuse to work an available job in favor of living off of federal or state funds?"

Very interesting coming from a person whose signature reads: "How many sane, able bodied adult Americans refuse to work an available job in favor of living off of federal or state funds?"

Do you have a point? Want to answer the question? How many?

The electoral college is the most important check on State's rights. The electoral college gives voting power to smaller states and keeps states with larger populations from deciding elections and ultimately policy.

Why would a "State" need a "right". State's are imaginary entities. They only really exist on paper.

"Illinois" has never been over to my house for a cup of coffee.

What the electoral College does is take an election that should be run in all 50 states and lets about 10 states decide the election. It has a distorting view on what our problems are.

2004 SHOULD have been about how badly Bush fucked up the economy and the War. Instead it became about whether gays should be able to marry in Ohio. We're totally going to amend the constitution to keep them gays from marrying. Oh, ignore the fact Dick Cheney's daughter is a Lezbo!

JoeB is a figment of my imagination

Yes, he's the guy Soros Pays through OFA to make you crazy...

harvey.jpg

Yes. Would you be against negative vote option, and if you think it's not a good idea what do you think is a better way to unseat the corrupt government? (it's all in the OP)

Yes. Would you be against negative vote option, and if you think it's not a good idea what do you think is a better way to unseat the corrupt government? (it's all in the OP)

We are currently discussing my sig. You seem to want to say something about it. What, exactly, is it that you want to say?

I think it kinda crazy Wy gets two senators and Cali only gets two senators.

that isn't very democractic.

think of how important that makes Wy in a senatorial vote

Forum List

Back