Zone1 What Does The Bible Say About Witchcraft Being Used For Healing?

Maybe it's just what they call it and it's not to be taken literally. I mean it's sort of magical although more so miraculous being able to heal somebody.

People who engage in witchcraft say they do good but also do much evil. They are absolutely tapping into spiritual powers. Those powers are destructive. Jesus Himself spoke of this.

People who engage in witchcraft say they do good but also do much evil. They are absolutely tapping into spiritual powers. Those powers are destructive. Jesus Himself spoke of this.

It might not actually be real witchcraft though. Doesn't actual witchcraft involve Satan and doing evil things? I do believe Jesus Himself actually said go and do things in His name and they can accomplish miraculous things. How is healing a person by God's power and not Satan's considered evil?

It might not actually be real witchcraft though. Doesn't actual witchcraft involve Satan and doing evil things? I do believe Jesus Himself actually said go and do things in His name and they can accomplish miraculous things. How is healing a person by God's power and not Satan's considered evil?
No. It doesn’t necessarily Involve satan. Witchcraft was the name assigned pre-Christian beliefs and sacraments.

?????

No. It doesn’t necessarily Involve satan. Witchcraft was the name assigned pre-Christian beliefs and sacraments.

To Christians it is at BEST idolatry. At best. And paganism goes downward from there.

What Does The Bible Say About Witchcraft Being Used For Healing?​

To not to?
The Bible states that "witchcraft" and other false ideas work by the art of deception, not magic.....and states that being a Christian does not make one immune from these false ideas. "But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your mind might become corrupted from the simplicity that is Christ" -- 2 Cor. 11:3 The only power that witchcraft and other false philosophies have are the powers given to them by the one's they fool.

The Biblical nation of Israel under the Law of Moses covenant was given a warning from God, "Do not turn to mediums or spiritists; do not seek them to be defiled by them. I Am the Lord your God." -- Lev. 19:31 In other words, witches, mediums, sorcery.....etc. were made ILLEGAL under the laws of Moses.

There are 2 examples provided in the N.T. about such individuals who were supposedly using magic to cheat people out of their wealth and possessions. How much the law changed and corruption overtook the Jews in the centuries leading up to the days of Jesus Christ is made apparent......when Paul and Silas were sent to prison for confronting a young girl/women and slave because, they through the Holy Spirit, removed the evil spirit from her as being a witch....which cost her master the profit she was generating by deceiving people. (Acts 16:16)

Another example is fond in recording the story about Simon the Sorcerer.....how he attempted to purchase the power from Peter to lay hands on people and make the Holy Spirit fall upon them, and Peter declared, "Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter; because your heart is not right in the sight of God." -- Acts 8:21

Even those who practice witchcraft and claim they are white witches and do good only are being gullibly deceived by the god of this world, Satan (2 Cor. 4:4)

"Make no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." -- 2 Cor. 11:14-15

Last edited:
You cannot tell the difference between God's power and....witchcraft?

What is the difference? The three holy kings of wisdom for example had been "magi" (= sorcerers) who believed that the stars tell them the truth. Today such people are called astrologers and astrology is nothing else than superstition and nonsense. Nevertheless today we call the three holy kings still the three Holy Kings of wisdom and they are nearest to this what we call today "scientists". Or do you not think it's "magic" when your "it shall be light" switches on the light in your living room?

By the way: Augustinus said wonders do not hurt natural laws - wonders hurt only our knowledge about natural laws.

Last edited:
What is the difference? The three holy kings of wisdom for example had been "magi" (= sorcerers) who believed that the stars tell them the truth. Today such people are called astrologers and astrology is nothing else than superstition and nonsense. Nevertheless today we call the three holy kings still the three Holy Kings of wisdom and they are nearest to this what we call today "scientists". Or do you not think it's "magic" when your "it shall be light" switches on the light in your living room?

By the way: Augustinus said wonders do not hurt natural laws - wonders hurt only our knowledge about natural laws.

I don't know where you get your information.......but its not contained in the Holy Scriptures......3 kings or 3 'magi' are never mentioned in the Holy Bible, the actual content mentions 'magi'..... There is mention of "magi" that brought 3 gifts, of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. But, the number of magi are never addressed. No where is there mention of "3" kings bringing gifts to the Christ Child. And it was the "enemy" of Christ (Herod the King) that sent these 'magi' on a mission to gain information about the birth of the Christ Child as spies....when he feared the Christ Child would dethrone him. (Matthew 2:1-12).....these 'magi' were warned in a dream by God not to return to king Herod with the information concerning the birth of Jesus.

As far as flipping a switch to get light........that comes from an application of physical science, not magic. The only magic believed by Darwinian cultists are the theories from the Pseudo Science of theoretical science which is nothing but a "way of thinking".....i.e., a philosophy as declared by Carl Sagan, "Science is a way of thinking, an error correcting process by which we figure out what is true and what is not." Applied Science is based upon the scientific method of observation, reproduction and consistency as demonstrated...i.e., affirmed by experimentation. A theory does not hold enough evidence to be a law of physics....i.e., the natural word governed by laws. Thus, there is no Law of evolution, no law called the Big Bang.......etc.,

I consider it an act of magic........to suggest that the universe created itself from nothing as suggested by Hawking, given the fact that gravity is not a law but a quantified/measurable EFFECT of mass/matter. Gravity cannot exist void of the mass required to measure its effects.

Last edited:
I don't know where you get your information.......

It is called "five senses". And I visited many schools. I read books and newspapers. The intertnet is a source. But mostd nionrtnatrdne tofir em is what others says to me whatz ahd happenend in their lifes and how they see the wrold(s). And sometiems a so called fsaicxth sense and or intuisiosn ioften helps me to survive.

but its not contained in the Holy Scriptures......

If so - so what? We are "the scripture" or do you like to eliminate and to destroy Christmas?

3 kings or 3 'magi' are never mentioned in the Holy Bible, the actual content mentions 'magi'..... There is mention of "magi" that brought 3 gifts, of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. But, the number of magi are never addressed.

Good grief. I will never understand which problerms people like to have. Ever heard the sentence "knowledge is power"? All powers come from god. By the way: traditionally one of the three holy kings "since ever" had been a black man. And the sentence "nigra sun sed formosa" - from the black maddona(s) means "black is beautiful". Are you sure that "the spirit" nothing woirte into such "storis" what's imporant?

No where is there mention of "3" kings bringing gifts to the Christ Child. And it was the "enemy" of Christ (Herod the King) that sent these 'magi' on a mission to gain information about the birth of the Christ Child as spies....when he feared the Christ Child would dethrone him. (Matthew 2:1-12).....these 'magi' were warned in a dream by God not to return to king Herod with the information concerning the birth of Jesus.

So nothing is written about the magi i9n the bible - but what's written about them in the bible shows they are evil. Can it be 9oy thhni science is an evil thign at all? And why I am not asrtioshed that teh chruhc always fuight aganst teh supersts9ison "witches" and for women - but suendnelyx after the end of the middle ages started Cartcuopcsn to attack so called "witches" (and srocerers) in abo78ut 50,000 cases? And why corresponds the area whrter thsiu ahd püejerine wurthntzhe arec where many protestants had livedf adn the tCatholic Church had been undcer fire to be "antiquated" and to follow the more modern forms of "witch-hunts"?

As far as flipping a switch to get light........that comes from an application of physical science, not magic.

Hmm - are you sure? Ever asked Merlin - or Alkuin - what he thinks about ourt magic today?

The only magic believed by Darwinian cultists are the theories from the Pseudo Science of theoretical science which is nothing but a "way of thinking".....i.e., a philosophy as declared by Carl Sagan, "Science is a way of thinking, an error correcting process by which we figure out what is true and what is not." Applied Science is based upon the scientific method of observation, reproduction and consistency as demonstrated...i.e., affirmed by experimentation. A theory does not hold enough evidence to be a law of physics....i.e., the natural word governed by laws. Thus, there is no Law of evolution, no law called the Big Bang.......etc.,

What's one of the worst nonsense discussion I ever heard in my life. A nonsense discussion from all sides. Short: The "evolutionists" in the Engoish spewkgin wotd do not understand what's evolution - and the ... - let me cal them the "poor pure spiritualists" - seeem not to have any longer idea about that information needs a carrier - a "body" - although informaions is perhaps also able to exist on its own - if it has measurable effects (like for example "good deeds" - which are in the end not measurabler fot us on totally other reason ... :lol: ).

I consider it an act of magic........to suggest that the universe created itself from nothing as suggested by Hawking,

Since about 1700 years we say god created the universe out of nothing. So what is your real problem? If anyone has the right not to believe in god then this had been Steven Hawkings.

given the fact that gravity is not a law but a quantified/measurable EFFECT of mass/matter. Gravity cannot exist void of the mass required to measure its effects.

No comment to this line.

Here by the way the last favorite song from the magus Stephen Hawkings song by the magus Rod Stewart.

PS. Who finds a speleing mistake or ´wr9ong grammar can keep it, It's for free. I have not the time now to try to correct my mistakes here.

@Clyde154

My mistakes made my text here partially a little ... let me say "interesting". If you like I will correct the mistakes. But perhaps there is no need for. I personally may easily live with such a form of imperfection.

Last edited:
It is called "five senses". And I visited many schools. I read books and newspapers. The intertnet is a source. But mostd nionrtnatrdne tofir em is what others says to me whatz ahd happenend in their lifes and how they see the wrold(s). And sometiems a so called fsaicxth sense and or intuisiosn ioften helps me to survive.

If so - so what? We are "the scripture" or do you like to eliminate and to destroy Christmas?

Good grief. I will never understand which problerms people like to have. Ever heard the sentence "knowledge is power"? All powers come from god. By the way: traditionally one of the three holy kings "since ever" had been a black man. And the sentence "nigra sun sed formosa" - from the black maddona(s) means "black is beautiful". Are you sure that "the spirit" nothing woirte into such "storis" what's imporant?

So nothing is written about the magi i9n the bible - but what's written about them in the bible shows they are evil. Can it be 9oy thhni science is an evil thign at all? And why I am not asrtioshed that teh chruhc always fuight aganst teh supersts9ison "witches" and for women - but suendnelyx after the end of the middle ages started Cartcuopcsn to attack so called "witches" (and srocerers) in abo78ut 50,000 cases? And why corresponds the area whrter thsiu ahd püejerine wurthntzhe arec where many protestants had livedf adn the tCatholic Church had been undcer fire to be "antiquated" and to follow the more modern forms of "witch-hunts"?

Hmm - are you sure? Ever asked Merlin - or Alkuin - what he thinks about ourt magic today?

What's one of the worst nonsense discussion I ever heard in my life. A nonsense discussion from all sides. Short: The "evolutionists" in the Engoish spewkgin wotd do not understand what's evolution - and the ... - let me cal them the "poor pure spiritualists" - seeem not to have any longer idea about that information needs a carrier - a "body" - although informaions is perhaps also able to exist on its own - if it has measurable effects (like for example "good deeds" - which are in the end not measurabler fot us on totally other reason ... :lol: ).

Since about 1700 years we say god created the universe out of nothing. So what is your real problem? If anyone has the right not to believe in god then this had been Steven Hawkings.

No comment to this line.

Here by the way the last favorite song from the magus Stephen Hawkings song by the magus Rod Stewart.

PS. Who finds a speleing mistake or ´wr9ong grammar can keep it, It's for free. I have not the time now to try to correct my mistakes here.

Yet........you attempt to quote scriptures that you self profess to be totally ignorant in relation to the BS personal opinions you are repeating that you read somewhere or was taught as truth? LMAO..........its called DEFLECTION. I simply presented the actual content of the Holy Scriptures that contradicted your BS story line about 3 kings and magic....etc., when it's proven that it was an enemy of Christianity that attempted to use the "magi" to spy on the birth of the Christ Child. (king Herod). No kings ever mentioned in scripture. Am I blind or did you not declare there were 3 kings in the narrative concerning the birth of Christ? :dunno:

Its amazing, you propagate lies as truth.......then when you are challenged you deflect like a good little leftist and attempt to declare that your reasoning is superior to everyone else. Priceless :abgg2q.jpg: You are caught in a blatant lie.......and then declare your superior mental skills when its clear you simply parroted the misinformation from another source and never once researched the actual content of the Bible to see if you were being feed lies? :popcorn:

Last edited:
Yet........you attempt to quote scriptures that you self profess to be totally ignorant in relation to the BS personal opinions you are repeating that you read somewhere or was taught as truth? LMAO..........its called DEFLECTION. I simply presented the actual content of the Holy Scriptures that contradicted your BS story line about 3 kings and magic....etc., when it's proven that it was an enemy of Christianity that attempted to use the "magi" to spy on the birth of the Christ Child. (king Herod). No kings ever mentioned in scripture. Am I blind or did you not declare there were 3 kings in the narrative concerning the birth of Christ? :dunno:

Its amazing, you propagate lies as truth.......then when you are challenged you deflect like a good little leftist and attempt to declare that your reasoning is superior to everyone else. Priceless :abgg2q.jpg: You are caught in a blatant lie.......and then declare your superior mental skills when its clear you simply parroted the misinformation from another source and never once researched the actual content of the Bible to see if you were being feed lies? :popcorn:

Nothing of this all what you say here makes any sense. For what exactly do you need an explanation? ... And what is by the way your religion and/or denomination? ...

Last edited:
Nothing of this all what you say here makes any sense. For what exactly do you need an explanation? ... And what is by the way your religion and/or denomination? ...
There's one thing you can't do.........feign intelligence...your very words reveal your true (ID). You can't hide from your "subconscious" Denomination? I am a Christian.......there is only 1 faith described in the Bible. -- Eph. 4:5. There are no denominations. Denominations are a man made creation.

Of course.......you attempt to double down and feign ignorance. You simply lied your ass off when you quoted some parroted misinformation concerning the Biblical narrative about the birth of Christ. You stated there were 3 kings ......and 3 magi in the narative and this somehow connected with the ideology that exists between Christianity and Magic.

In reality you don't know your keyster from a hole in the ground. There is no mention of 3 kings, nor is the number of magi mentioned in the Bible and the magi in question were actually directed by king Heord, (the enemy of the Christian faith) to seek out the birth of the Christ child and report back to him with the information and location of the Christ.

And I stated.........real slow, so a child can comprehend, the one's that actually believe in magic are those who accept a self creating universe that magically popped into existence without a superior cause.......such as stated by supposed men of science such as Hawking. Hawking stated that the universe created itself from nothing because of the existence of gravity, when the scientific method demonstrates that gravity is an effect caused by MASS and MATTER. Back to square one.........where did the mass/matter come from that caused gravity to self create the effect known as the universe? :popcorn:

Last edited:
Somebody on a different website who likes witches and witchcraft told me that not all witchcraft is evil after I told them that I don't like real witchcraft because of my religion and I just like them in fiction. So I wanted to know what the Bible actually said about it.
Good question. Read through some of the posts. Post number 7 answers your question best The Bible broadly condemns witchcraft ( but it seems to only point out the evil side of the religion. So Christians threw out the baby with the bathwater on that one Bigotry is strong in the Christian religion.

Good question. Read through some of the posts. Post number 7 answers your question best The Bible broadly condemns witchcraft ( but it seems to only point out the evil side of the religion. So Christians threw out the baby with the bathwater on that one Bigotry is strong in the Christian religion.
Reality: You are confusing your "political correctness" with Bigotry. The real bigots are the one's that have been 'brainwashed' in our educational systems and Hollywood over the past 1/2 century. These bigots have been taught that truth is relative and absolutism is somehow wrong.......and the only real source of virtue is tolerance and appeasement...to the point that HATE is now used in describing some crimes as being special. A crime is a crime.

This socially liberal....i.e, communist type of thinking has stripped away the traits and values that actually made this Nation into a great Nation where people are actually committing crimes to gain entrance into this supposed state of Christian bigots.

Example: Our college students are actually being forced, bullied, and shamed into taking "diversity" training on how to stay politically correct. You are labeled a bigot and insensitive if you speak out against feminism, homosexuality....to the point of attempting to appease the hate filled religions such as Islam that would actually would kill homosexuals and force their women to hide their faces and walk 3 paces behind them in public, not allow girls/women to become educated. But, Judging is declared evil......when you are speaking of Christian's who promote non violence.

News flash........telling someone that certain actions are sinful.....i.e., is against the laws of God is not bigotry, its truth. Absolute Truth exists. And the 1st amendment still stands. This political correctness is simply an attempt to silence those that do not agree with your ideology and lack of moral standards.

Last edited:
There's one thing you can't do

?

.........feign intelligence...your very words reveal your true (ID). You can't hide from your "subconscious" Denomination? I am a Christian.......there is only 1 faith described in the Bible. -- Eph. 4:5. There are no denominations. Denominations are a man made creation.

In which broken part of the church - normally called "denomination" - do you feel to be at home, superintelligence from the Andromeda galaxy?

Of course.......you attempt to double down and feign ignorance. You simply lied your ass off when you quoted some parroted misinformation concerning the Biblical narrative about the birth of Christ. You stated there were 3 kings ......and 3 magi in the narative and this somehow connected with the ideology that exists between Christianity and Magic.

Do you have any idea what you try to speak about? The correct expression is not [three] "holy kings" [of wisdom] it is "holy magi". I said they are nearest to this what we call today natural scientists.

In reality you don't know your keyster from a hole in the ground. There is no mention of 3 kings, nor is the number of magi mentioned in the Bible and the magi in question were actually directed by king Heord, (the enemy of the Christian faith) to seek out the birth of the Christ child and report back to him with the information and location of the Christ.

And I stated.........real slow, so a child can comprehend, the one's that actually believe in magic are those who accept a self creating universe that magically popped into existence without a superior cause.......such as stated by supposed men of science such as Hawking.

An explanation for such a behavior of the physical world could perhaps be that it is more easy for the universe to exist than not to exist.

Hawking stated that the universe created itself from nothing

That's [nearly] the same what we say since about 1700 years: God created everything out of nothing. And Augustinus said the mighty creating word of god are not comparable to our words. His creating mighty word is timeless - is word spoken without time. So indeed what Steven Hawking said here is most near to this what we believe although it is not an essential belief in this case. We just simple found not any other solution up to now. But however god really did do it - he made it good. Interesting in this context is it that an atheist and physicists landed "in the church" and her sprituality without to know this. Or did he know?

because of the existence of gravity, when the scientific method demonstrates that gravity is an effect caused by MASS and MATTER. Back to square one.........where did the mass/matter come from that caused gravity to self create the effect known as the universe? :popcorn:

From nowhere, I guess.

Last edited:
That actually exists. I don't believe that this applies to fantasy.
If witchcraft or any kind of magic actually existed, don’t you think there’d be *some* sort of verifiable proof of its existence somewhere?

If witchcraft or any kind of magic actually existed, don’t you think there’d be *some* sort of verifiable proof of its existence somewhere?

I read your thoughts for example because you wrote it in English into a rectangle of light and it appeared here some thousand miles far from you. Magic, isn't it? And where do I live? Some Africans say in a country where money comes out of walls. Also magic, isn't it?

Forum List

Back