What does never getting laid have to do with not wanting to go to a

wedding reception?

A coworker who I am kind of close to ask me in a irritated tone have I ever been laid when I told her I am not going to the wedding reception today. The issue is I only know the bride and she never introduced me to her family the 15 years we been knowing each other and neither have I. So she sent me an invitation for her wedding and at first I was like...."WHY? Then I found out it;s all about the gift so that's why I am going since we talk all the time.

But I am not social and to be at a reception where I don't know anyone just makes no sense since I am shy.

So why did the girl think I never had sex since I told her I am not going to the reception?
A coworker who I am kind of close to ask me in a irritated tone have I ever been laid when I told her I am not going to the wedding reception today. ....why did the girl think I never had sex since I told her I am not going to the reception?

I don't know. She's your friend/acquaintance. You likely know the workings of her mind better than we. I suggest you just "catalogue" her remark as part of how her mind works or doesn't and leave it at that.

You also may want to ask yourself why you feel as though you need to with a response, or moment's worth of thought, dignify her remarks and questions of that nature. You can't do a thing about the stupid sh*t other people do, think or say. You are (or should be), however, in complete control of how and whether you even respond to their stupid sh*t.

Well I figured someone on here would know that's why I asked because the question didn't make a lot of sense

Going to a wedding reception greatly increases your chances of getting laid.

why?

Don't know, don't care, I don't question these things.

All I know is that's how it is.

wedding reception?

A coworker who I am kind of close to ask me in a irritated tone have I ever been laid when I told her I am not going to the wedding reception today. The issue is I only know the bride and she never introduced me to her family the 15 years we been knowing each other and neither have I. So she sent me an invitation for her wedding and at first I was like...."WHY? Then I found out it;s all about the gift so that's why I am going since we talk all the time.

But I am not social and to be at a reception where I don't know anyone just makes no sense since I am shy.

So why did the girl think I never had sex since I told her I am not going to the reception?
A coworker who I am kind of close to ask me in a irritated tone have I ever been laid when I told her I am not going to the wedding reception today. ....why did the girl think I never had sex since I told her I am not going to the reception?

I don't know. She's your friend/acquaintance. You likely know the workings of her mind better than we. I suggest you just "catalogue" her remark as part of how her mind works or doesn't and leave it at that.

You also may want to ask yourself why you feel as though you need to with a response, or moment's worth of thought, dignify her remarks and questions of that nature. You can't do a thing about the stupid sh*t other people do, think or say. You are (or should be), however, in complete control of how and whether you even respond to their stupid sh*t.

Well I figured someone on here would know that's why I asked because the question didn't make a lot of sense

Really? Do people (adults) go to wedding receptions alone or with someone with whom they're not already intimate? I don't know. I just know I never did and neither did the people who attended my wedding.

wedding reception?

why?

Yeah that's a problem, you don't question, you just believe.

wedding reception?

why?

I;m asking you for a answer and you can't give me one

wedding reception?

Really? Do people (adults) go to wedding receptions alone or with someone with whom they're not already intimate? I don't know. I just know I never did and neither did the people who attended my wedding.

They supposed to have a shuttle bus transporting people to the reception

why?

If one doesn't question he can have no answer to anything, he merely swallows-n-follows.

wedding reception?

why?

I agree with that much.

I only know how that sort of thing is re: the people whom I know and see at weddings I attend.

Assuming you are correct, there're a lot of people getting married and who have befriended and willfully welcomed into their lives the dregs of society.

wedding reception?

Especially if you're the groom.

wedding reception?

They supposed to have a shuttle bus transporting people to the reception
Some folks are so self-imporant they assume they are the center of the universe to all they have ever encountered. They want a big production in that "hey looka me" kind of way. Come celebrate me!

why?

I agree with that much.

I only know how that sort of thing is re: the people whom I know and see at weddings I attend.

Assuming you are correct, there're a lot of people getting married and who have befriended and willfully welcomed into their lives the dregs of society.

e30.jpg

why?

I can give you an answer.

Assuming Marion Morrison is correct and a lot of currently unattached individuals who otherwise were unlikely to get laid that evening attend weddings, their chances are improved at a wedding because they and their soon-to-be sex parner have something in common merely by being at the event. That removes a barrier and provides something to talk about, even for people who typically haven't anything interesting enough to say, do or be that will sufficiently inspire another to want to "do the nasty" with them. Also, there tends to be a lot of drinking going on at weddings.

That, of course, is predicated on Marion Morrison's "theory" being so. As I earlier said, at the weddings I've attended, it's very rare that the guests arrive without a "plus one" whom they weren't otherwise "banging" that evening anyway. Very, very rarely has it been that a guest parted ways with their boyfriend/girlfriend, spouse, sex partner, etc. and had to show up "stag" for the wedding.

wedding reception?

Especially if you're the groom.
Or bride, for that matter....

Whatever, people get dressed up in their best and drink and dance. It's a happy time conducive to romance.

I know I got laid extra good that night I went to my ex's niece's wedding with her. :dunno:

why?

I agree with that much.

e30.jpg

What do you not understand about my statement? Do you have friends and/or close acquaintances who are single and who don't want to be? I don't. I know people in that situation, but those people aren't close enough to me that I'd invite them to my wedding. They are just people I've encountered often enough to know their names,. a little bit about their relationship status and that I'm unlikely to invite them any closer into my life.

why?

Assuming Marion Morrison is correct and a lot of currently unattached individuals who otherwise were unlikely to get laid that evening attend weddings, their chances are improved at a wedding because they and their soon-to-be sex parner have something in common merely by being at the event. That removes a barrier and provides something to talk about, even for people who typically haven't anything interesting enough to say, do or be that will sufficiently inspire another to want to "do the nasty" with them. Also, there tends to be a lot of drinking going on at weddings.

That, of course, is predicated on Marion Morrison's "theory" being so. As I earlier said, at the weddings I've attended, it's very rare that the guests arrive without a "plus one" whom they weren't otherwise "banging" that evening anyway. Very, very rarely has it been that a guest parted ways with their boyfriend/girlfriend, spouse, sex partner, etc. and had to show up "stag" for the wedding.

Sitting here debating should I even go and give her a gift at a later time.

Just see no point in showing up at a wedding alone. And I think she feels it would it look would stupid too which is why she kept asking me......."are you bringing your friend?"

why?

I agree with that much.

e30.jpg

What do you not understand about my statement? Do you have friends and/or close acquaintances who are single and who don't want to be? I don't. I know people in that situation, but those people aren't close enough to me that I'd invite them to my wedding. They are just people I've encountered often enough to know their names,. a little bit about their relationship status and that I'm unlikely to invite them any closer into my life.

The "dregs of society" part. Where does that fit in?

why?

Just see no point in showing up at a wedding alone. And I think she feels it would it look would stupid too which is why she kept asking me......."are you bringing your friend?"

Here's a hint, fbj: Bring a girlie friend. ;)

Just made a decision that I am not going to the wedding. And just will mail her gift to her after she returns from the honeymoon.

After thinking about the cost of Uber to and from the wedding it just didn't make good financial sense.

why?

Frankly, if I didn't think that both she and I are in some way made better by our acquaintanceship, I wouldn't go to her wedding, or go with her to someone else's. Lest someone in the "peanut gallery" think that's arrogant, it's not; it's called self-respect. It's recognizing the relationship for what it is, what it is not, and what it won't ever be -- due to your or the other party's disinterest in making be otherwise -- and treating it accordingly. There's no need to return her cattiness with some similar rudeness, but there's also no need to go to her wedding, for not going is not rude.

Regardless of whether you go to the wedding, giving a gift is always optional. Quite frankly, given the remark you say she made, she'd neither see me at her wedding nor a gift commemorating/celebrating it from me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back