Debate Now What does MAGA mean ? Specifically ?

I replied to your post. So, no legit answer so you make shit up.

No, you drew something from my post that wasn't there.

MAGA isn't Donald Trump. It's much more than that.

At the same time, it is little more than a sales pitch.

Do I believe Trump is trying to make America better.....? No.

I believe Trump is out for Trump. The fact that he gets more if he makes America better is only a coincidence.

Do I believe Trump is trying to make America better.....? No.

This right here is why Trump is as popular as he is with some people who are fed up with the gov't status quo. Most of us disagree with you and believe Trump IS trying to make America a better place and for us and his policies make a lot more sense than what Biden and the democrats want to do. Whatever his reasoning or motivations are beside the point for us.

This right here is why Trump is as popular as he is with some people who are fed up with the gov't status quo. Most of us disagree with you and believe Trump IS trying to make America a better place and for us and his policies make a lot more sense than what Biden and the democrats want to do. Whatever his reasoning or motivations are beside the point for us.

I'm pretty fed up too. With the government and with both parties.

Trump talks a good fight, and he knows what buttons to push.

And I understand you don't care about his reasoning or motivations.

But I also have a problem with his behaviour. He insults people and calls people names when they don't agree with him. He's a complete indiot when he's tweeting.

Given a choice between Biden and Trump, there is no question I'll vote for Trump.

But that doesn't mean I trust him.

I just don't trust Lieden at all.

Well folks,

This thread has been a bit of a disappointment in terms of responses.

Mostly, it is motherhood and apple pie.

I think I've provided more specifics with the help of a couple of posters.

Well folks,

This thread has been a bit of a disappointment in terms of responses.

Mostly, it is motherhood and apple pie.

I think I've provided more specifics with the help of a couple of posters.
We are a very divided nation right now. I seriously see a revolution or secession in our future.

We are a very divided nation right now. I seriously see a revolution or secession in our future.
Why not work to undivide. The way to start is to vote for the politicians who serve in the party that tends to favor the disadvantaged over the wealthy elites.

We've also lost a great deal of civility.

And Trump is driving that.

LB and MTG are just clones who are working to get mileage out of it.

Hello From The SouthWest 211226 {post •9} HikerGuy83 Dec’21 Shftz: I am not an absolutist. hkrgy 211226 Shftsz00009

An absolutist is someone who believes that the best form of government allows one person to hold all the power. North Korea is an example of a country that's been run by an absolutist leader for many years. •¥• In politics, the word absolutist is very closely related to the terms totalitarian and autocratic. In all of these types of governments, with a bit of variation, there is one all-powerful ruler who is in charge. Citizens of a country with an absolutist leadership don't have a say in any decisions the government makes — there is no democratic process, and no checks on the ruler's power. As a political term, absolutist has been around since the 1830's, from the noun absolutism.​

MAGA isn't Donald Trump. It's much more than that.

At the same time, it is little more than a sales pitch.

Most of us disagree with you and believe Trump IS trying to make America a better place and for us and his policies make a lot more sense than what Biden and the democrats want to do.

don’t fret Saint Task0778 what Saint Hikerguy83 says and what he votes are complete contradictions to each other. He says he’s no absolutist but he will vote for Trump anyway - or so he says!

You, Saint Hikerguy and 20 to 30 million very confused white Christian nationalists right now are for the indecent authoritarian indicted election fraudster who is MAGA, but he will lose again.

It’s not about identifying some specific year and saying everything was great then.

Why do you people get so worked up about the idea of making America great again?
Deep down they don't like themselves I think and if they hate America they can justify that. They somehow missed all the important things that make America great that the vast majority of us have know and some know today if they are lucky enough to live where 'wokeness' hasn't destroyed time proven values, concepts, principles, ideals of American greatness. The one shared principle of those on the left is they all have a common tunnel vision of seeing only the bad in history and none of the good, none of the great.

What does MAGA mean Specifically 240414 {post •40}. theHawk Apr’24 Swdmms: It’s not about identifying some specific year and saying everything was great then. thvhvwk 240414 Swdmms00040

What does MAGA mean Specifically
240414 {post•75}. HikerGuy83 by Apr’24 Swdmms: If America can be made great "again", it was great once before. hkrgy 240414 Swdmms00075

Deep down they don't like themselves I think and if they hate America they can justify that. They somehow missed all the important things that make America great that the vast majority of us have know and some know today if they are lucky enough to live where 'wokeness' hasn't destroyed time proven values, concepts, principles, ideals of American greatness.

White Christian nationalism drives MAGA Republican hatred of American diversity and multiculturalism.

What does MAGA mean Specifically 240414 {post •40}. theHawk Apr’24 Swdmms: It’s not about identifying some specific year and saying everything was great then. thvhvwk 240414 Swdmms00040

What does MAGA mean Specifically
240414 {post•75}. HikerGuy83 by Apr’24 Swdmms: If America can be made great "again", it was great once before. hkrgy 240414 Swdmms00075

White Christian nationalism drives MAGA Republican hatred of American diversity and multiculturalism.
If that's what you got from my post, it certainly affirms my opinion of where leftists are coming from.

Deep down they don't like themselves I think and if they hate America they can justify that. They somehow missed all the important things that make America great that the vast majority of us have know and some know today if they are lucky enough to live where 'wokeness' hasn't destroyed time proven values, concepts, principles, ideals of American greatness. The one shared principle of those on the left is they all have a common tunnel vision of seeing only the bad in history and none of the good, none of the great.

What concepts ?

What principles ?

That is what I have been asking.

I have no problem wanting America to get better.

But I truly detest the fear mongering attitude that comes with MAGA. It means we are not great.

I think we are.

I think we can get better.

If you don't think we are great now, please say so. Then tell me what makes us great again.

What is an "ideal of American greatness" ?

I would agree that the left only sees what it wants to see. America was terrible for having slaves. With no compromise, there is no U.S.A. But that was not worth it. So Russia rules and we are nothing. That is their attitude. They want change over night. They also don't mind tearing at social fabric, the things that REALLY KEEPS US TOGETHER. Abortion....can have it anytime anywhere. Transgenter stupidity. Etc etc.

However, I expect that from them.

What I don't like is being handed a sales pitch. I want to know what we are going to do.

The CBO places our projected debt at almost 40 tillion by 2028. It says we will be at 144 trillion by 2053. How do we sustain that ?

I don't see Trump or ANYONE doing anything to change that.

America will not only be not great, it will be broke at that point. Perfect.

What concepts ?

What principles ?

That is what I have been asking.

I have no problem wanting America to get better.

But I truly detest the fear mongering attitude that comes with MAGA. It means we are not great.

I think we are.

I think we can get better.

If you don't think we are great now, please say so. Then tell me what makes us great again.

What is an "ideal of American greatness" ?

I would agree that the left only sees what it wants to see. America was terrible for having slaves. With no compromise, there is no U.S.A. But that was not worth it. So Russia rules and we are nothing. That is their attitude. They want change over night. They also don't mind tearing at social fabric, the things that REALLY KEEPS US TOGETHER. Abortion....can have it anytime anywhere. Transgenter stupidity. Etc etc.

However, I expect that from them.

What I don't like is being handed a sales pitch. I want to know what we are going to do.

The CBO places our projected debt at almost 40 tillion by 2028. It says we will be at 144 trillion by 2053. How do we sustain that ?

I don't see Trump or ANYONE doing anything to change that.

America will not only be not great, it will be broke at that point. Perfect.
Then you didn't pay any attention whatsoever when Trump was President.

Then you didn't pay any attention whatsoever when Trump was President.

Total copout and you know it.

Our debt went up under Trump. You going to say that wasn't the case.

The abortion rate went up for two years in a row in 18/19 for the first time is a couple of decades.

I don't blame Trump, but MAGA's not making a difference there. Not that they claim to want to.

Voting for any candidate never does anything for making anything great. There is one direction, with freedoms lost, while we consent to that.

Saint HikerGuy83 sez: “I would agree that the left only sees what it wants to see. America was terrible for having slaves.”

my opinion of where leftists are coming from.

I would agree that the left only sees what it wants to see. America was terrible for having slaves

with freedoms lost

I am a lifelong Dem voter since voting for McGovern who was a Christian,
and most famous for:

…. losing to President Richard Nixon in the landslide 1972 election, He was a decorated World War II bomber pilot,​
McGovern became a leading advocate against the war in Vietnam and a champion of liberal causes like anti-hunger programs, world peace, and civil rights.​

Senator McGovern and I do not see America bring terrible for having slaves.

quite the contrary:

It’s Time to Formally Declare America A Christian Nation. 220129 {post•228}. Mashmont Jan’22 Sittda: So you're saying these guys knew atheism would be the default and did this intentionally? mshmnt 220129 Sittda00228

It’s Time to Formally Declare America A Christian Nation. 220129 {post•245} NotfooledbyW Jan’22 Vittfd00245: No, that is not the tiniest fraction of a free man’s thought close to what I and others including Hollie , have written thus far regarding our founding fathers and the writing of the first of its kind Constitution centered around religious freedom and absolute tolerance of freedom of thought. nfbw 220129 Vittfd00245 to Sittda00228

It was that “freedom of thought” with a progressive moral conscience that freed the slaves. It was not the God of Abraham who freed the slaves. Think about it.!

Last edited:
It’s Time to Formally Declare America A Christian Nation. 220129 {post•245}

NotfooledbyW Jan’22 Vittfd00245: Atheism is not some kind of default. I see multiculturalism as the founders intended default that makes America the greatest nation on earth, as is. nfbw 220129 Vittfd00245 to Sittda00228

Saint HikerGuy83 sez: “I would agree that the left only sees what it wants to see. America was terrible for having slaves.”

But Saint.Hikerguy83 is an absolutist like Saint Mashmont who also has me on “ignore” - I guess that’s where the word “ignorance“ comes from

Forum List

Back