What does Economic Recovery mean to you?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kiki Cannoli, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Kiki Cannoli

Kiki Cannoli Have you met my shadow?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +839
    How will your personal life improve? What will the indicators be in your world?

Honest question, no hidden agenda. For me I'd like to see:

- the price of food (particularly seasonal fruits/vegetables) will be reduced by 10%
    - of course gas prices fall, but with the annual summer hike in place difficult to ascertain how much of the current increase is due to economic downfall
    - small business increasing investments in developing technologies

I am certain USMB has some sophisticated economic minds who desire liquidity and mobility. Am looking forward to that input, but my world is simple and rather risk adverse.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  2. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,660
    Cheap titties, weed and booze.

There ya go.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I"m with the many who believe the recession never ended:

10 signs the double-dip recession has begun - Business - US business - msnbc.com

4. Sherry

Sherry You're not the boss of me Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,085
    It will mean that the housing market improves enough so that my mom can sell her home and relocate to be near me. She is not in the best of health, and so besides wanting to be closer so I can take care of her when needed, I just want the quality time together. Yeah, I'd also like to see food and energy prices go down, but feel confident I'll find a way to make do.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    I got family members who are out of work and want a job. Also got friends on this board who want the same thing, whether we agree on anything or not I want them to be able to find a job. So, economic recovery to me means more people working and lower unemployment numbers. Everything else is secondary IMHO.

6. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,934
    Steady work and the opportunity to pursue the "dream" without worry that congress and potus are gonna Fuck shit up. Being able to see my grandson graduate from college without worrying about what he will do when he's done.

7. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    Well.....everyone was promised the extra-income (realized by the 1%ers/high-roller$), generated by the BUSH TAX-CUTS, was gonna be invested in job-creation.

No one gave us a specific-date (when these jobs would start generating significant tax-buck$)....but I'm pretty certain it was supposed to happen, by NOW!!!

I'd ask Teabaggers what the ETA is....of the shower o' jobs we've been expecting.....but, their new Reps are still overly-obsessed with that Shoes REQUIRED rule, in all Government offices/facilities, and the Teabaggers' Reps have (obviously) forgotten to ask Boner "What's UP??"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAYQ4aMwMmc]‪Where are the Jobs, Mr. Boehner??? - Rachel Maddow‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]​

8. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,866
    Recovery means robust Real Economic Growth which generates sufficient private sector jobs: to reduce unemployment, to increase the labor force participation rate, and to absorb new entrants into the work place. The result of this growth is the restoration of tax receipts (without tax rate increases) to the historical 18-19% of GDP.

These things won't happen unless federal spending is reduced to below 20% of GDP.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2