Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullets

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
Homeland Security makes another strange purchase.
DHS just purchased 2,700 Mine Resistant Armor Protected Vehicles (MRAP) to go along with their 1.6 billion bullets, mainly .40 caliber and 9mm. What do they know?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...o-go-with-their-1-6-billion-bullet-stockpile/

488x325xhomeland-security-mrap.jpg.pagespeed.ic.tN6C46J1W4.jpg

I am not the least bit concerned what Janet Napolitano and her Department of Homeland Security are purchasing.

If these "strange" purchases are going to be used to PROTECT this country from foreign invaders and/or terrorists, I say GREAT.

If these "strange" purchases are going to be used to quell/control the inevitable civil unrest that will result from the collapse of the U.S. economy. I say GOOD LUCK.

We live out in the middle of NOWHERE. Nobody is going to bother us, and if they do.............

These political hacks in D.C. and in the state capitals, have NO IDEA who they are fucking with, if they think that 300 million personal firearms are going to just go away.

Actually they have a bigger problem on their hands, truthmatters. You see the 1 percenters ( Hollywood elite, Progressive liberals helping Obama, wealthy liberals, etc ) have been promised on paper that their assets will not be touched when the time comes they are protectd. Add to this their elitist privledges such as access to the D.U.M.B. facilities ( underground military bases ) and their own underground bunkers and you can see they have visions of surviving the coming onslaught while we above the ground are decimated and removed. We are nothing more than a herd to these communists but look at the truth of what is really about to happen. They are going to be buried alive underground while those of us who trust in the LORD here are going to survive this thing to live another day. They do not realise this yet but I am telling you it is not only being reported in dreams and visions from young people even children all over the world today but guess where else? Bible scripture warns us of a day such as this approaching. If you are on the right side of God you should have no fear whatsoever about this coming event. Only those who have sought to remove Gods name, Gods place from America are going to perish in this coming Day of the Lord. The pit they have dug for the christians of America is about to become their grave. Watch and see if I am not telling you the truth. As sure as the Lord lives I promise you it shall unfold just that way. America has no history of communism and this shall not be the destiny of America. Instead the Soviets have been checkmated by God without even realising it. Bezmenov didn't factor that one in so I'll take the liberty of putting that out there right now. - Jeremiah

Those aren't tanks - & would be mostly useless in a direct-fire tank battle. They're mainly intended for IED clearing, like in Iraq & Afghanistan. They don't have a main gun @ all.

They might be useful for SWAT deployment, but they're v. expensive for that - & a lot of complicated hydraulics, sealed air & AC/heat for crew, imaging systems, remote grappler arm. Nah, you'd do better - for SWAT - with a complement of M-113s. I'm sure the National Guard units still run some. Or we could reclaim & uparmor some of the many HumVees from Iraq & Afghanistan.

The one in the photo is labelled "Police/Rescue" - still a v. expensive vehicle, for that purpose.

I am not the least bit concerned what Janet Napolitano and her Department of Homeland Security are purchasing.

If these "strange" purchases are going to be used to PROTECT this country from foreign invaders and/or terrorists, I say GREAT.

If these "strange" purchases are going to be used to quell/control the inevitable civil unrest that will result from the collapse of the U.S. economy. I say GOOD LUCK.

We live out in the middle of NOWHERE. Nobody is going to bother us, and if they do.............

These political hacks in D.C. and in the state capitals, have NO IDEA who they are fucking with, if they think that 300 million personal firearms are going to just go away.
Afghanistan wishes you GOOD LUCK with that:

"Bombers operating at high altitudes well out of range of antiaircraft guns bombed at Afghan training camps and Taliban air defenses. U.S. aircraft, including Apache helicopter gunships from the 101st Combat Aviation Brigade, operated throughout the campaign with no losses due to Taliban air defenses. U.S. Navy cruisers and destroyers launched several Tomahawk Cruise Missiles."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Afghanistan_(2001%E2%80%93present)#Air_campaigns

I found the link that shows the US Army awarding this contract to upgrade 2700 MRAPs:

Navistar Defense Receives MRAP Installation Order -- LISLE, Ill., March 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Navistar Defense, LLC received an award to conduct the installation work associated with its January order to upgrade 2,717 International® MaxxPro® Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles with a new vehicle chassis. The $21 million contract from the U.S. Army Contracting Command is just one of Navistar's many reset offerings aimed at revitalizing existing defense assets for future missions.

I know DHS has some vehicles like this, but I can't find anything connecting them to this army contract for upgrading 2,700 of them. Anyone have a link showing DHS purchased these?

Holy fucking shit we're fucking broke our troops need those and they're using them here in the states?
Questionable.

As I said I've found the press release for the Army ordering upgrades to 2,700 MRAPs, but nothing linking that to DHS or domestic use. It seems all the sites with this information link to each other, nothing ever gets to Dept Homeland Security having anything to do with it.

Holy fucking shit we're fucking broke our troops need those and they're using them here in the states?
Questionable.

As I said I've found the press release for the Army ordering upgrades to 2,700 MRAPs, but nothing linking that to DHS or domestic use. It seems all the sites with this information link to each other, nothing ever gets to Dept Homeland Security having anything to do with it.

Mainstream media is not going too report this.

[ame=http://youtu.be/0pS9aw5pcJo]DHS-HSI Homeland Security Investigations El Paso SRT MRAP Armored Vehicle - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://youtu.be/M-epSca0bQA]BREAKING NEWS! DHS ~ HEAVILY ARMORED VEHICLES NOW ON THE STREETS! - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://youtu.be/yyb9kGMaRUM]Homeland Security Funds Armored Vehicles for Police in Yourtown, USA! - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough, but that doesn't help us in proving this rumor is true.

The contract to upgrade 2700 for the US Army if these isn't mainstream media, it is available from the company that does it. There is a website that shows all the contracts for fed agencies, when these type of stories come out about bullets they often link to the actual contract showing the purchase of the ammo.

From what I've seen on this it is a bunch of websites saying DHS is buying 2,700 of these but they all link to each other nobody has anything showing proof that they did. Youtube videos of MRAPs belonging to DHS are not proof they bought 2,700 of them.

Surely you must admit blindly believing something because a bunch of unsubstantiated rumors is no better than blindly believing something because it is reported in the mainstream media.

The contract to upgrade 2700 for the US Army if these isn't mainstream media, it is available from the company that does it. There is a website that shows all the contracts for fed agencies, when these type of stories come out about bullets they often link to the actual contract showing the purchase of the ammo.

From what I've seen on this it is a bunch of websites saying DHS is buying 2,700 of these but they all link to each other nobody has anything showing proof that they did. Youtube videos of MRAPs belonging to DHS are not proof they bought 2,700 of them.

Surely you must admit blindly believing something because a bunch of unsubstantiated rumors is no better than blindly believing something because it is reported in the mainstream media.

It may be unsubstantiated,but with all the other hinky shit going on it wouldnt surprise me.

Watch the three video's I posted.

Forum List

Back