What do you wish they'd say?

Silence

wanna lick?
Aug 26, 2008
FL
As I sat there watching the debate last night it struck me that there are things I wish Obama would say that he never says.

So I thought it would be interesting to see what we, if given the opportunity, would advise our chosen candidate to say.

For me, here is what I wish Obama would've said:

Re Palin's qualification to be President:

"well, as much as I think McCain is like Bush, Palin is even more like Cheney. She was just found to have abused her power as gov of Alaska and she refused to cooperate with the investigation too, she asked for and received per capita more earmarks for Alaska than any other state, she hired a lobbying firm for the first time as mayor of Wasila and she left that town in debt"

Re meeting in Bill Ayers home:

"well let's be clear here, I was at that meeting at the invitation of Alice Palmer, a sitting IL State legislature to announce her intention to run for the US Senate. I did not set up the meeting and I did not chose the location"

on McCain's repudiation of statements:

"well John, you claim that you've repudiated every negative comment made by a Republican against me, yet your own running mate continues to incite the crowds with negative rhetoric and mistatements which only serve to inflame the discourse in this election, so why haven't you repudiated your own running mate?"

those are just a few things I wish Obama would say.

"well john, youve been in the senate a long time, and you keep claiming that you know how to solve all our problems. you know how to get osama, how to win in iraq and afganistan, you know how to balance the budget, how to keep people from losing their homes, how to get the economy on track, how to eliminate the debt. why havent you done any of this? youve had plenty of time to do so, and your party even had control of the white house and congress, but we still have these problems. why havent you been fixing them john?"

I would like to hear Palin address her pastor's calims that I am going to hell for voting against Bush.

I wish McCain would have apologized for endorsing the ad in which he suggested that Obama called Palin a pig. Didn’t McCain say that he was going to take the high road?

"well john, youve been in the senate a long time, and you keep claiming that you know how to solve all our problems. you know how to get osama, how to win in iraq and afganistan, you know how to balance the budget, how to keep people from losing their homes, how to get the economy on track, how to eliminate the debt. why havent you done any of this? youve had plenty of time to do so, and your party even had control of the white house and congress, but we still have these problems. why havent you been fixing them john?"

:clap2: yeah I'd like to hear him say that too

There are a lot of things I wish they would not say. I wish they would stop stretching the truth with each other's voting records and know whether what they are saying is accurate or not. They have to know in this day and age of internet and articles like this....

Warped facts in last presidential debate - Yahoo! News

that it is pretty easy to find out what's BS and what isn't. And as you can see neither side is exempt.

I wish McCain would have got a little more into Obama's raising taxes. Obama is been quite clear as to what hsi plan would entail and who taxes would be raised on. But it begs the question, which McCain only hinted at once, why does Obama feel it neccessary to raise taxes on the 250k and up crowd? Why does he feel a group of people that shoulder the brunt of the tax burden should take on even more of it? That ties into I wish McCain would have said more about limited government and how Obama would most likely grow it which is why he feels it neccessary to raise taxes on the rich to compensate for his tax cuts on everyone else.

Senator Obama, you keep making the same claim that we only have 3% of the world's oil, when you well darn well know we have the largest reserves in the world. it is estimated that the entire middle east has approximately 380 billion barrels of oil left, in the states of Utah, Nevada, and Wyoming we have an estimated 900 billion - 1.3 trillion barrels of oil just in Oil Shale. We have the technology to process it, however the shale is on Federal lands which the government refuses to give out to oil companies who have already spent billions in research. Then we still have ANWR and the OCS.

What I wish Palin said was when Biden said the following:

Make no mistake, if there is a chance to eliminate terrorist threats and the government of that nation is unwilling or unable to act, Obama as President will.

Palin should have said:

You know, I got a lot of flack about the Bush Doctrine the past week or so, I think Joe just explained it to me.

uh, because congress is made up of more than one person, would be the most obvious answer.

oh.. you mean like the congress that was made up of a majority republicans since the early 90s up until two years ago? THAT congress that is made up of more than one person? The point still stands. If Mccain was such a wonderjoint then we'd have smoked him long ago.

I wish Obama would just admit to being gay. I mean it would explain his choice in Michelle wouldn't it?

As I sat there watching the debate last night it struck me that there are things I wish Obama would say that he never says.

So I thought it would be interesting to see what we, if given the opportunity, would advise our chosen candidate to say.

For me, here is what I wish Obama would've said:

Re Palin's qualification to be President:

"well, as much as I think McCain is like Bush, Palin is even more like Cheney. She was just found to have abused her power as gov of Alaska and she refused to cooperate with the investigation too, she asked for and received per capita more earmarks for Alaska than any other state, she hired a lobbying firm for the first time as mayor of Wasila and she left that town in debt"

Re meeting in Bill Ayers home:

"well let's be clear here, I was at that meeting at the invitation of Alice Palmer, a sitting IL State legislature to announce her intention to run for the US Senate. I did not set up the meeting and I did not chose the location"

on McCain's repudiation of statements:

"well John, you claim that you've repudiated every negative comment made by a Republican against me, yet your own running mate continues to incite the crowds with negative rhetoric and mistatements which only serve to inflame the discourse in this election, so why haven't you repudiated your own running mate?"

those are just a few things I wish Obama would say.

In the second debate MaCain said pulling out of Iraq would open it up to al-Qaeda. Obama failed to point out that by eliminating al-Qaeda at their source they wouldn't be able to move into Iraq or any place else. In this last debate "Joe the Plumber" was buying a business that grossed $280K. Since it is net profit/earnings not gross that is taxed Joe wouldn't pay a penny more under Obama yet Obama let that fact sail right on past.

And one thing that does piss me off about Obama is that he allowed himself to be used as a punching bag for any number of fallacies. With an IQ of 130 he should be smart enough to quickly weed through them yet time and time again his response, or lack of, allows the fallacy to be introduce and believed. Not a good trait for someone seeking to be president...

uh, because congress is made up of more than one person, would be the most obvious answer.

Yeah Bern, but McCain's been neck deep in much of the legislation that has HURT the country more than it has helped it. The guy's establishment through and through. He's not going to fix SHIT.

There's a REASON why you gravitated towards Paul. And I think it's because you know the establishment politicians are a waste.

I want both of them to take a stab at supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

( it confused the hell out of spell checker ) :lol:

Last edited:

That's a good one.

You know what I think? I think Obama is smarter than McCain, or virtually any of the republicans on this board.

He knows that going negative, and looking like he's bitching and moaning is political suicide in this political environment. 8 years of republican rule have driven us off the cliff, and people don't want to hear that negative shit, or character attacks.

Obama is playing it smart. He knows that the republicans are imploding with that Ayers shit, and he's laughing all the way to the bank. Playing it cool, calm, deliberative and composed is shit that sells.

I would have liked to have seen him hammer McCain more on NAFTA and bogus free trade agreements. People in Ohio and Michigan know the deal on NAFTA and it needs to be hung around McCain's neck.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back