What do you think UFO's are??

With how large space is I think it would be arrogent of us to think we're the only ones in it. This may sound nutty to some of you but I'm sticking with it.

As far as UFO's who knows.

I'm not sure what I think. I know a lot of these UFO sightings are maybe military objects. I think I don't know what to think because there are soooo many hoaxes out there. I have seen footage that looks like something odd,but who knows? I doubt we are the only living things in the universe,so I think something is probably out there. I have even heard stories of people close to me that saw wierd things. I would love to hear some theories though!!!!

Bonnie said:
I have my own theory but Id like to hear what you all think???
Mostly natural phenomenon e.g. clouds, ball lightning and electrical fields in the atmosphere.
Some are sightings of classified aircraft and technology that the government will not admit exists (e.g. as what happened at Roswell, NM in 1947). The CIA and government may be encouraging people to believe that these are UFOs in order to divert attention from what they actually are.

For instance.... the Stealth Fighter (i.e. F-117) and Stealth Bomber (i.e. B-2) were in existence long before the government admitted to their existence and were being tested out at Tonapaugh, Nevada (near "Area 51" or Groom Lake, Nevada) especially at night (in order to evade detection by spy satellites). Other classified programs e.g. Have Blue, which was related to the F-117 were also tested about this time (and they looked very odd - see figure below)

HBbottomsm.JPG

Have Blue Photo --- looks like a "flying saucer

Another jet that was being tested but not acknowledged to exist until about 20 years after it was rolled out was the SR-71 Blackbird. This jet could fly over 2100 miles per hour at a height of over 80,000 feet. It was first put in service about 1964 and was used for spy missions.
981-02.jpg

There have been rumors of an aircraft that is now being flight tested (or is actually in use) code named "Aurora", this is rumored to be the replacement for the SR-71 Blackbird. Supposedly this aircraft has odd flight characteristics and is highly classified. So classified, in fact, that the government denies that it exists!
oversea.jpg

Artist's conception of the Aurora Spy Plane

I have seen UFO's my self I don't know what they were, but I know what they weren't. They weren't planes, swamp gas, planets or ballons.

I'm sure there are plenty of governmant experimental aircraft out there, that if seen would be unidentifiable to most people. These aircraft would be located in places like area 51, Edwards Air Force Base and other big isolated military bases scattered throughout the country. However, such aircraft would not be flown over populated areas. These are super secret prototypes, you don't fly such things over the general population and expect it to remain a secret.

There were comparisons made about triangular shaped UFO's and stealth fighters and bombers. Thats fine except those craft do not have hover capabilitythey don't have the ability to change direction in a split second or to fly silently.

It is interesting that in the fifties, sixties and seventies people were ridiculed and hushed up when they reported UFO's. The only ones actually interviewed were the idiots who had been to venus and jupiter and other uninhabitable planets and were in telepathic communication with the aliens who were here to look after mankind etc. But in the past twenty years or so there has been a change in programs about UFO's and more questioning about cover ups, as if someone in the government is preparing the nation and maybe the world for posible announcements. The change in programing and reporting has been suttle but is obvious.

UFO's are some sort of craft. But not necessarary space craft. Most are small and the few large ones seen are not large enough to carry beings over millions and billons of light years distance. They would be on the order of scout and survey ships. Maybe even robotic, like the drones we use in Afganistan or Iraq. Robotic aircraft could handle the terrific g-forces that such craft would experince making the sudden turns and accelleration these craft perform.

If there are aliens piloting these craft and the government knows about them, which I personanlly believe some part of the government does. Then why not announce it to the world. Answer, to prevent panic and anarchy. Religion. Alien visitors would throw most of the world religions into turmoil. A large portion of the population would be unwilling to accept such an event. Fundimentalist of every religion would be up in arms. Because nowhere in any of the major religions is there a mention of other worldly beings. So it would mean radical changes in their fundimantal beliefs. It could be that through experience or just logic that the aliens know this and are keeping a government assisted low profile, while the government through tv programs and science news gradually adjusts people to point they could accept such a thing as aliens from another planet.

oh well just a lot of speculation from the gaffer.

Unidentified Flying Objects do exist...that is, until they are identified...:D

There could be many different things that the UFOs can be. It may be that there are Alien visitors, but I think far more likely that they are Military and Civilian flights that have not been identified, and mostly military at that. There are reasons that so many UFOs are seen close by Military Bases.

I don't necessarily think it is likely that they are alien visitors because while I do think it likely that some alien form of life would exist I think they would have just as much difficulty finding us as we have finding them. Looking for one radio signal among the infinite amount available that nature sends herself is nearing a statistical zero as to our chances of finding them that way. The sheer chance encounter would be equally unlikely.

:tinfoil:

There have been some really good programs about UFO's on the History Channel. Whatever they are, they have been viewed all over the world, from just lights (multicolored) with no discernable shapes to objects with identifiable shapes (round, oval, cigar, inverted saucers, etc.). If you get an opportunity to view the program about Roswell on the History Channel, don't miss it.

After 33 years and well over 10,000 flying hours I've seen lots of "unidentified" flying objects. That doesn't mean they're little men from Mars, it simply means they're unidentified.

I once saw a hot air balloon at dusk (he should have already been on the ground). I saw the thing for the first time when he lit the burner. We were a long distance off and when that whole thing turned orange, it certainly got our attention.

I've flown with folks who thought that the planet Mercury or Venus was another flying object tracking us.

I believe that it is likely that there is life elsewhere in the universe. I believe that it is highly unlikely that any has visited us. I believe that there are explanations for "sightings" which do not involve space invaders. I also believe that the folks who claim to have been abducted are either engaged in a hoax or are in need of a psychiatrist.

I am going to have to disagree with you Merlin,

I agree with Mr. P's stance in that yes there are hoaxes but I do believe that people may have had experiences with extraterrestrials. I mean how do we know they cant travel thru different levels of existance? I mean look at our dear departed ones. You may be able to tell me that spirits of the dead have never visited you. But in my family not only has the whole family experienced such things but have the had visual AND olfactory proof as well. We are all certifiably NOT crazy.

I think a belief in UFO's and extraterrestrials fills a need for some people. UFO's, by their nature remain unexplainable and I accept that.
I wish there were little green men and I would love to have them come visit us......well if they meant us no harm and had wise things to tell us.

sagegirl said:
I think a belief in UFO's and extraterrestrials fills a need for some people. UFO's, by their nature remain unexplainable and I accept that.
I wish there were little green men and I would love to have them come visit us......well if they meant us no harm and had wise things to tell us.

They grow liberals for food, ya know?

Forum List

Back