What do you Think is the Best Way to Create Jobs in this Country?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KMAN, Jul 9, 2009.

1. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
    I'm talking immediately... Like within the next couple of months.... It's obvious the Stimulus isn't doing it...

Do you think if Obama came out and said that he is opening ANWR for drilling jobs would be created? Do think the markets would go up?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    Cut every single unconstitutional federal agency, kill the fed, re-elect all of congress and cut taxes (since it will be offset from the cut federal programs) ...ahhh....if only...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    For starters, impeach Obama, cut taxes, invest in small businesses, invest in clean coal technology, build more nuclear plants, open up more land for drilling, build more refineries, invest in infrastructure, stop the bullshit about global warming.

4. Lycurgus

Lycurgus Who is Obama, really...??

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Give businesses "real", substantial financial reasons and incentives to expand and to hire more people. We could expand, but why? Why take the risk and break our backs when it is ate up by the local, state and federal governments and now with Obama, the costs are only going to grow. We have been forced into "take care" of our own mode, instead of healthy growth.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Stop giving our money to the states-they are already raising our taxes. Knock off the plans to target tax victims, based on wealth. What has already been committed will be strangling the economy for a long time, don't add to the problem.

6. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,116
    What do you mean by: re-elect all of congress

7. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    The biggest majority of jobs in this country are created by small businesses so anything that could be done to give small businesses a boost would be a good start. If you want the economy to improve, improve small businesses lot in life. That's where the jobs are.

8. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    im still upset about cap and trade getting through....the people that voted yea on that ...seriously don't represent their constitutants...id just like to see a fresh re-elect. i know itll never happen but i felt like expressing my fantasy.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  9. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Give the stimulus money to the people.

I heard last night from a Wall Street Journal guru that he had gotten the report of where the stimulus money provided to the states has gone. They can't account for it. It appears 75 percent has gone to MEDICAID and unemployment. Unfortunately, when that money's gone, nobody will have more jobs and they will still be unable to pay for their own insurance and be unemployed. Because the economic policies are SHUTTING DOWN businesses.

Now they're talking about TAXING the medical coverage of those of us who work our asses off and for whom our medical coverage is part of our salary. When they do that not only will you have a whole army of people who work and make a decent salary who suddenly qualify for foodstamps and state-sponsored health, you'll have state workers who are union members striking and walking off their jobs.

I wonder what those poor people will do then? Instead of waiting a month for foodstamps, they'll be waiting three.

Nice planning, libtards.

10. wvulax

wvulax Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    lonestar you have some good points in there, but what land do you want opened up for drilling? My family alone owns 5000+ acres of O&G in one county that isn't even leased let alone drilled. Clean coal sounds great, but unless you're willing to invest money it will be a sci-fi story.

I think you hit the nail on the head though with infrastructure and refineries. They are large construction jobs with long term employment that can be built all over the US. Specifically for infrastructure I would suggest a natural gas pipeline system. We produce more NG than our pipelines can hold, and the only new pipelines being built are private.

Side note for all of you guys who think that deregulation would help small business. That's false in this instance. Without oversight or control the private distribution companies in WV are forcing prepayment and credit insurances that force small business to go through a large distribution company or sell out or worse just not sell gas from those wells.