What do you Think is the Best Way to Create Jobs in this Country?

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
I'm talking immediately... Like within the next couple of months.... It's obvious the Stimulus isn't doing it...

Do you think if Obama came out and said that he is opening ANWR for drilling jobs would be created? Do think the markets would go up?

For starters, impeach Obama, cut taxes, invest in small businesses, invest in clean coal technology, build more nuclear plants, open up more land for drilling, build more refineries, invest in infrastructure, stop the bullshit about global warming.

Give businesses "real", substantial financial reasons and incentives to expand and to hire more people. We could expand, but why? Why take the risk and break our backs when it is ate up by the local, state and federal governments and now with Obama, the costs are only going to grow. We have been forced into "take care" of our own mode, instead of healthy growth.

I'm talking immediately... Like within the next couple of months.... It's obvious the Stimulus isn't doing it...

Do you think if Obama came out and said that he is opening ANWR for drilling jobs would be created? Do think the markets would go up?

Stop giving our money to the states-they are already raising our taxes. Knock off the plans to target tax victims, based on wealth. What has already been committed will be strangling the economy for a long time, don't add to the problem.

Cut every single unconstitutional federal agency, kill the fed, re-elect all of congress and cut taxes (since it will be offset from the cut federal programs) ...ahhh....if only...

What do you mean by: re-elect all of congress

The biggest majority of jobs in this country are created by small businesses so anything that could be done to give small businesses a boost would be a good start. If you want the economy to improve, improve small businesses lot in life. That's where the jobs are.

Cut every single unconstitutional federal agency, kill the fed, re-elect all of congress and cut taxes (since it will be offset from the cut federal programs) ...ahhh....if only...

What do you mean by: re-elect all of congress

im still upset about cap and trade getting through....the people that voted yea on that ...seriously don't represent their constitutants...id just like to see a fresh re-elect. i know itll never happen but i felt like expressing my fantasy.

Last edited:
Give the stimulus money to the people.

I heard last night from a Wall Street Journal guru that he had gotten the report of where the stimulus money provided to the states has gone. They can't account for it. It appears 75 percent has gone to MEDICAID and unemployment. Unfortunately, when that money's gone, nobody will have more jobs and they will still be unable to pay for their own insurance and be unemployed. Because the economic policies are SHUTTING DOWN businesses.

Now they're talking about TAXING the medical coverage of those of us who work our asses off and for whom our medical coverage is part of our salary. When they do that not only will you have a whole army of people who work and make a decent salary who suddenly qualify for foodstamps and state-sponsored health, you'll have state workers who are union members striking and walking off their jobs.

I wonder what those poor people will do then? Instead of waiting a month for foodstamps, they'll be waiting three.

Nice planning, libtards.

lonestar you have some good points in there, but what land do you want opened up for drilling? My family alone owns 5000+ acres of O&G in one county that isn't even leased let alone drilled. Clean coal sounds great, but unless you're willing to invest money it will be a sci-fi story.

I think you hit the nail on the head though with infrastructure and refineries. They are large construction jobs with long term employment that can be built all over the US. Specifically for infrastructure I would suggest a natural gas pipeline system. We produce more NG than our pipelines can hold, and the only new pipelines being built are private.

Side note for all of you guys who think that deregulation would help small business. That's false in this instance. Without oversight or control the private distribution companies in WV are forcing prepayment and credit insurances that force small business to go through a large distribution company or sell out or worse just not sell gas from those wells.

Give the stimulus money to the people.

I heard last night from a Wall Street Journal guru that he had gotten the report of where the stimulus money provided to the states has gone. They can't account for it. It appears 75 percent has gone to MEDICAID and unemployment. Unfortunately, when that money's gone, nobody will have more jobs and they will still be unable to pay for their own insurance and be unemployed. Because the economic policies are SHUTTING DOWN businesses.

Now they're talking about TAXING the medical coverage of those of us who work our asses off and for whom our medical coverage is part of our salary. When they do that not only will you have a whole army of people who work and make a decent salary who suddenly qualify for foodstamps and state-sponsored health, you'll have state workers who are union members striking and walking off their jobs.

I wonder what those poor people will do then? Instead of waiting a month for foodstamps, they'll be waiting three.

Nice planning, libtards.

Indeed:

Would improvements to basic utilities like water and waste treatment fall under the selected programs or other programs? I can tell you that WV is spending some of its money wisely. I know that a community of 50 or so homes will now be able to flush the toilet and not see their dung in the ditch out front because of the stimulus.

Would improvements to basic utilities like water and waste treatment fall under the selected programs or other programs? I can tell you that WV is spending some of its money wisely. I know that a community of 50 or so homes will now be able to flush the toilet and not see their dung in the ditch out front because of the stimulus.

I wouldn't have a problem if the money was going to real improvements in the infrastructure. That doesn't appear to be the case in most states, as the CBO chart illustrates.

Promote a Buy American policy and install tariffs on all goods coming from nations who are currently enjoying that "take it up the ass, AMERICA" trade deficit that you people enjoy trying to ignore. Small business can't compete with slave wage loving multinational conglomerates. Wal Mart doesn't promote small business by a long shot.

It's funny that MOST of you are giant "fair tax" supporters and have no problem throwing a tariff on goods and services in lieu of income taxes... but let someone suggest the same concept on goods coming from third world nations whose standard of living totally eviscerates our wage competition and you people start screaming bloody fucking murder. There was a time when we valued American labor and the standard of living it provided us. Now, you silly fucks would rather hide behind trite talking points and goofy, bullshit economic theories that have turned out to be a rotten apple dangled in front of blind jackasses. 9 dollar/hour labor can't, and WON'T, consume as much as a 25 dollar/hour laborer. FACT. That is the difference in effect of your goddamn Nissan verses a Chevy. It's funny how you people believe in trickle down economics.. until you start seeing the aftermath of your silly free market globalization.

Those are all good ideas so why is it so hard to do this in Washington... oh... because of lobbyists and greedy politicians who only care about themselves...

and some people want to give these people more power.... crazy...

No, its obvious you don't know what you are talking about.

We have only spent 10% of the stimulis so far. One thing we can do is start spending that money.

And we can stop buying shit from other countries just because it'll save a buck or two.

US International Trade Commission rules Chinese tire makers unfairly flooding US market

Easy to describe, but politically difficult to do.

Make it worth the while of investors to create industry in THIS NATION.

Forum List

Back