What do you think about sex ed?

pale i really think people were having oral sex long before clinton...i dont think you can blame it all on clinton...young girls think that is they have oral sex they can remain virgins...seems you can have oral sex with many people and not be a slut...go figure..plus the younger one think oral sex is safe.

I suspect most younger girls give oral sex to have some degree of control over their targeted sexcual partner as anything else.

lets see...am i teaching anything now? i told you..teach morals at home..facts in school...you have a problem with that?

I think this is excellent advice, bones. Too bad most of the schools don't agree.

Sex ed in schools is important ... it's just lately they have been pussy footing it all with this "don't do it" crap ... hell, if kids always listened they wouldn't need detention. Instead, tell them the safety precautions and go back to the slide shows ... of diseased genitals ... that was what kept us from doing it ...

pale i really think people were having oral sex long before clinton...i dont think you can blame it all on clinton...young girls think that is they have oral sex they can remain virgins...seems you can have oral sex with many people and not be a slut...go figure..plus the younger one think oral sex is safe.

Well of course. I'm not saying oral sex is something new. But I am saying that slick willie brought blow jobs to the fore front of America by proclaiming that oral sex was NOT sex. All of America was watching as he said that, including kids. I do believe he's very instrumental in the rise in oral sex as you have noted. These kids were told by the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES that blow jobs were NOT SEX. That had an effect bones... just as you've noticed.

Like AB said, you can thank clinton for it. Maybe not entirely, but he deserves a large part of the blame. Morality is not a strong suit for liberals. They harp against morals all the time. They want to make up their own.

Last edited:
Sex ed in schools is important ... it's just lately they have been pussy footing it all with this "don't do it" crap ... hell, if kids always listened they wouldn't need detention. Instead, tell them the safety precautions and go back to the slide shows ... of diseased genitals ... that was what kept us from doing it ...

I entirely disagree. As others in this thread have stated, our generation was told the facts (reproductive system and STDs) and the rest of it was left to the parents. Kind of like how the media SHOULD be (just presenting the facts). My mom was of the mindset, don't do it. Her advocation of abstinenance didn't make me (or my brother) run out the door and find the first person with which to have sex.

"...I think sex ed is a huge waste of everyone's time...Incipiently, via situation comedies aimed at children and people with very low IQs..."

/QUOTE]

Obviously that's how you learned everything.

I entirely disagree. As others in this thread have stated, our generation was told the facts (reproductive system and STDs) and the rest of it was left to the parents. Kind of like how the media SHOULD be (just presenting the facts). My mom was of the mindset, don't do it. Her advocation of abstinenance didn't make me (or my brother) run out the door and find the first person with which to have sex.

There are always exceptions to the rules. ;) Also, I never said that every kid will, just that teaching abstinence until ready (and an adult) as being the better choice without offering enough reasons will not effect most kids, but one great motivator for it is truth, facts as you said, disease slide shows do just that. Ask any teenager, with raging hormones and no common sense, what syphilis is ... they simply don't know now, much worse, they don't even know what it looks like until they catch it.

There are always exceptions to the rules. ;) Also, I never said that every kid will, just that teaching abstinence until ready (and an adult) as being the better choice without offering enough reasons will not effect most kids, but one great motivator for it is truth, facts as you said, disease slide shows do just that. Ask any teenager, with raging hormones and no common sense, what syphilis is ... they simply don't know now, much worse, they don't even know what it looks like until they catch it.

Yes, there are. I believe that Sex ed in schools should only deal with facts, parents give morality (abstinence if it is their wish, which I do advocate) w/reasons why abstinence should be followed. I did that when raising my daughter. Giving ultimatums w/o underlying reasons (logically presented) usually create the "rebel" aspect.

I also do think kids today (the ones w/o common sense) KNOW what syphillis is, I just think they don't think it'll happen to them. ;)

And education never seems to help on the common sense front, iykwim.

I learned alot from that class in school. I think it is helpfull. When I took it. At the start of class boys and the girls are in the same room still later when they start talking about other things then they put them in diff rooms. my little cuz is taking that class or did in the 6th grad. I do think kids should take it kids area having sex now a days.

I think sex ed is a waste of money. What drives up the rate of teen pregnancy is 1) parents who don't give enough of a shit about their kids to teach them about the birds and the bees, 2) our culture applauds hypersexuality, and pushes it on young kids who don't know shit about processing the information, 3) poverty, and 4) the idea a lot of girls have (but we don't talk about it) that if they get pregnant they can just have an abortion.

Sex ed is just a way for liberals to blame Republicans and conservatives for more of societies ills. They try to make it seem like someone going to a school and telling kids "wait until you're married to have sex" is responsible for kids doing the exact opposite...and people buy into it! They say the school should just tell kids about birth control and pass it out. Because as we all know, the main problem with teen pregnancy is that they knew absolutely nothing about the Pill or condoms.

I think sex ed is a waste of money. What drives up the rate of teen pregnancy is 1) parents who don't give enough of a shit about their kids to teach them about the birds and the bees, 2) our culture applauds hypersexuality, and pushes it on young kids who don't know shit about processing the information, 3) poverty, and 4) the idea a lot of girls have (but we don't talk about it) that if they get pregnant they can just have an abortion.

Sex ed is just a way for liberals to blame Republicans and conservatives for more of societies ills. They try to make it seem like someone going to a school and telling kids "wait until you're married to have sex" is responsible for kids doing the exact opposite...and people buy into it! They say the school should just tell kids about birth control and pass it out. Because as we all know, the main problem with teen pregnancy is that they knew absolutely nothing about the Pill or condoms.

That is not what they teach in sex ed. AND I AM NOT A LIBERAL. I think this class is good for kids. They teach on what is going through your body and about your body and safe sex when your older when the time is right. AND they talk about brith controll and condoms ect. GREAT CLASS FOR KIDS TO LEARN WHAT THEY NEED TO LEARN. if they parents want there kids to go and learn it.

So you also think killing the baby is the answer instead of teaching them wait till your ready to have sex. Because having sex can cause std and getting pg. and If you are not ready for a baby then you should not have sex.

That is not what they teach in sex ed. AND I AM NOT A LIBERAL. I think this class is good for kids. They teach on what is going through your body and about your body and safe sex when your older when the time is right. AND they talk about brith controll and condoms ect. GREAT CLASS FOR KIDS TO LEARN WHAT THEY NEED TO LEARN. if they parents want there kids to go and learn it.

That's what they teach in abstinence-only classes. What you described can be summed up as "Health class". Sex ed is more applied than Health. If they're going to have sex ed. that discusses birth control, they need to have sex ed that discusses sexual behavior as well. Both are equally important if we simply must educate kids on sex.

Sex Ed isn't necessary. Girls and Boys figure this stuff out on their own. I remember laughing during my sex-ed classes. I didn't need their help, and I think that most of my classmates didn't either.

That's what they teach in abstinence-only classes. What you described can be summed up as "Health class". Sex ed is more applied than Health. If they're going to have sex ed. that discusses birth control, they need to have sex ed that discusses sexual behavior as well. Both are equally important if we simply must educate kids on sex.

\
The class I took 2 years in a row taught all about that and and us kids could ask ?? about the things we wanted to know. They talked about sex and You should wait till your older because are not ready to have sex its a growen up act that children should not take part in. I have seen 12 year olds haveing kids maybe if they had a sex ed class or parents who tought them not to have sex till they are ready for what fellows the sex act. They teach on alot of stuff it was a good class that I think every kid in those grad should take 4th-6th grad I took it my 4th and 5th grad year and I turn out fine. I am 22 and no kids and no stds

I can go for the comprehensive approach. I still don't think it's worth the money we've spent on it.

so libs, when you gonna start calling for live demonstrations as part of sex ed?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTMlZSKEu-Y[/ame]

Last edited:
They'll start with talking about the joys of fisting and the right lube to use during anal sex.

Forum List

Back