What do you think about sex ed?

If STDs and pregnancies continue to rise, then does that mean that the schools should step in more? Is there a point at which a person changes their mind and says "this isn't working, our kids are getting sick because too many parents aren't teaching them how to protect against STDs."?

I still stand by my guns. Our school system has absolutely no business teaching anything sexual in nature besides the basic biology you generally get in junior high school. There is a rise in the number of STD's and pregnancies. There is no way that can be denied. That doesn't mean the school should step in and begin to teach all of these "special" social issue driven classes. They need to stick to the basics of the 3 "R's". We have fallen very behind in this as a nation. Teenagers today flaunt pregnancy as some sort of badge of honor and something to be proud of. This is because we as a nation have changed our core beliefs in what is right and wrong. This is one of the reasons there is a rise in STD's. We live in an anything goes world. Parents need to "parent" their children and begin to put a stop to this "anything goes" world we live in. Believe it or not, everything that goes down in our country really isn't "all right". We have ignored too many things because people are afraid to say anything about what is right and wrong. Because of this, it's all coming home to roost now. You really do reap what you sew.

I still stand by my guns. Our school system has absolutely no business teaching anything sexual in nature besides the basic biology you generally get in junior high school. There is a rise in the number of STD's and pregnancies. There is no way that can be denied. That doesn't mean the school should step in and begin to teach all of these "special" social issue driven classes. They need to stick to the basics of the 3 "R's". We have fallen very behind in this as a nation. Teenagers today flaunt pregnancy as some sort of badge of honor and something to be proud of. This is because we as a nation have changed our core beliefs in what is right and wrong. This is one of the reasons there is a rise in STD's. We live in an anything goes world. Parents need to "parent" their children and begin to put a stop to this "anything goes" world we live in. Believe it or not, everything that goes down in our country really isn't "all right". We have ignored too many things because people are afraid to say anything about what is right and wrong. Because of this, it's all coming home to roost now. You really do reap what you sew.

Insisting parents parent their children? How dare you? :cool:

:clap2::clap2: If only more parents thought that way...

If STDs and pregnancies continue to rise, then does that mean that the schools should step in more? Is there a point at which a person changes their mind and says "this isn't working, our kids are getting sick because too many parents aren't teaching them how to protect against STDs."?

Well said BBD.
Parents need to parent and not gaff off the responsibility to teachers and/or government.

I am curious for your honest feedback.
Pregnancy, STDs on the Rise Again Among U.S. Teens - ABC News

Is this partly attributable to abstinence only education? What might be leading to worse trends (STDs and etc) among teens?

I don't have empirical evidence to support my opinion, so accept it as such.

Sexual education in the school system is unnecessary and is now being used as a crutch by parents that are failing to fulfill their parental obligations.

I think schools can and should fulfill the biological facts and education about the human body which would include subjects such as pregnancy and STD's. It is not the schools responsibility to teach things such as proper condom usage, oral sex, mutual masturbation, etc.
Parents have the responsibility to provide sex-ed to their children. My parents did it for me and my siblings, I did it for my children.
I think some parents want to abdicate that responsibility to the schools because they are too cowardly to be parents, then they want to blame the education system for failing as soon as an unwanted pregnancy or STD rears it's ugly head.

No, but you do have an avatar of a masturbating cheeto and gosh darn it, that's good enough for me! ;)

Is this partly attributable to abstinence only education? What might be leading to worse trends (STDs and etc) among teens?

Sexual education in the school system is unnecessary and is now being used as a crutch by parents that are failing to fulfill their parental obligations.

I think schools can and should fulfill the biological facts and education about the human body which would include subjects such as pregnancy and STD's. It is not the schools responsibility to teach things such as proper condom usage, oral sex, mutual masturbation, etc.
Parents have the responsibility to provide sex-ed to their children. My parents did it for me and my siblings, I did it for my children.
I think some parents want to abdicate that responsibility to the schools because they are too cowardly to be parents, then they want to blame the education system for failing as soon as an unwanted pregnancy or STD rears it's ugly head.

No, but you do have an avatar of a masturbating cheeto and gosh darn it, that's good enough for me! ;)

Doesn't that make you wonder just a little bit what he was looking for when he found it? :confused:

Nothing says sex-ed like a masturbating cheeto.

Doesn't that make you wonder just a little bit what he was looking for when he found it? :confused:

Sometimes you find things you aren't looking for, that doesn't make them any less than what they are.

You can teach your kids till the cows come home, if you are conducting your dating and sex lives in the open and the kids see it, they will emulate.

strollingbones said:
oral sex is the rage now days....seems they do not think it counts...

AllieBaba said:
You can thank Clinton for that.

i dont think clinton invented oral sex....i can see their little bean brains points and logic.....no chance of getting preggies...they do not have a clue of the other risks...most do not know you can, in rare, cases get aids from oral sex. then there is the concept of "rainbow" parties....

No he didn't invent it bones, but as it was pointed out already, he was the cause for starting the BLOW JOB craze...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDZrMemRQak]YouTube - hillary, oral sex and 'the children'[/ame]

Last edited:
LOL...

Well this is beautiful... as it is a CLASSIC illustration of what's wrong with Sex Ed...

First, Sex Ed is presented as "Education"... when it's indoctrination...

Let just examine the following couple of posts, by a self professed teacher of "Sex Ed..."

Notice how she presents Sex Ed... highlighted in Blue... It's all about the SCIENTIFIC UNDERSTANDING; EDUCATING CHILDREN IN THE BIOLOGY OF THEIR BODIES!

i taught sex ed....it is very needed...the reason...most adults have no clue about sex...much less how to explain or teach anything about it....too embarressed ...or get this....only know slang terms...kids should be taught about their bodies in proper terms..you do not have a wee wee or a pee pee...its a penis or vagina...

.and then the misconceptions on when one can become preggies

But when the conversation turns to the RESULTS of 'hookin up...' the SCIENCE quickly returns to slang... quaint little terms to reduce the stigma; thus offset the ramifications; the judgement... disarmed. "You didn't get PREGNANT! No, no sweety... you're just a little "preggers"... and while I wish you woulda avoided that, we 'can take care of it'..."

i dont think clinton invented oral sex....i can see their little bean brains points and logic.....no chance of getting preggies...they do not have a clue of the other risks...most do not know you can, in rare, cases get aids from oral sex. then there is the concept of "rainbow" parties....

Here, the same member simply rejects the YEARS of Clinton leadership which blazed the Oral-Sex trail... wherein he 'de-Personalized' oral-sex; which demonstrates PERFECTLY the indoctrination element...

The fact is, where one takes morality out of the equation; all that's left is the biology... and where one believes that they understand the biology, they can safely engage in the behavior by simply utilizing that knowledge; where the worst case scenario is they 'get a little preggies' or some other disease they can get a shot to 'cure'...

lets see...am i teaching anything now? i told you..teach morals at home..facts in school...you have a problem with that?

pale i really think people were having oral sex long before clinton...i dont think you can blame it all on clinton...young girls think that is they have oral sex they can remain virgins...seems you can have oral sex with many people and not be a slut...go figure..plus the younger one think oral sex is safe.

Forum List

Back