What country do you want to live in?

I would stay in the US till the collapse... But... Honestly I'd go to Aussie land as a second choice. We already speak the same language for the most part... And while they have inflated their money like crazy, they are stabilized.

Australia isn't big on immigration. Have you checked it out? I have. They didn't want me.

I passed when I realized I couldn't bring my kennel. Pissed me clean off. A whole kennel with every vaccination known to mankind if we wanted to immigrate with every vet certificate with every catahoula breeder backing us up and they still wanted to sequester our dogs like mongrels for 6 months.

They can go fuck themselves. When we start coonhounds I won't be looking at aussie land for my future. Pity.

What countries politics/government do you feel is better than America, so much so that you wish you lived there? Are there conservative/liberal counties you wish America would emulate?

None. Overall we're the best country on earth; by far.

What I do wish we would do is spend much more of our treasure rewarding those who dedicate their lives to public service and that we should require a year or two of public service in some form or fashion. A lot of countries, as I understand it, have such a requirement for military service but I don't think that should be the only way one can serve

What exactly is the question now? Is it where you would live if you could not live in your native country, or where you would prefer to live rather than your native country?

omgosh I think its not your own country. at least that's how I've been posting.

I would stay in the US till the collapse... But... Honestly I'd go to Aussie land as a second choice. We already speak the same language for the most part... And while they have inflated their money like crazy, they are stabilized.

Australia isn't big on immigration. Have you checked it out? I have. They didn't want me.

Australia and New Zealand have age restrictions on immigration. I believe Australia's is 49 and New Zealand's is 55. Those age limits are for those who wish to immigrate there and will be working there. If you are a retiree, you can receive a temporary residency permit, something like that, and you can pretty much retire there permanently if you choose. The issue with retiring in most of these countries is that you do not receive access to any of their government sponsored healthcare. Therefore you must purchase a health care policy through a private company, which means you better have plenty of money.

What countries politics/government do you feel is better than America, so much so that you wish you lived there? Are there conservative/liberal counties you wish America would emulate?

None. Overall we're the best country on earth; by far.

What I do wish we would do is spend much more of our treasure rewarding those who dedicate their lives to public service and that we should require a year or two of public service in some form or fashion. A lot of countries, as I understand it, have such a requirement for military service but I don't think that should be the only way one can serve

I'd love to see every American child visit every state.

My dad beleived you had to see every part of your country coast to coast. I'm so thankful for him and what he gave me. I saw everything from the tidal boars to the rockies. From mile zero to mile zero.

I can think of many interesting places to live; I'm just not sure which I would choose if it came down to it. While there are many great places to live, visiting is usually much more fun. Australia and New Zealand sound great, and I actually know people that live there. Also, the weather is pretty decent.

Australia and New Zealand have age restrictions on immigration. I believe Australia's is 49 and New Zealand's is 55. Those age limits are for those who wish to immigrate there and will be working there. If you are a retiree, you can receive a temporary residency permit, something like that, and you can pretty much retire there permanently if you choose. The issue with retiring in most of these countries is that you do not receive access to any of their government sponsored healthcare. Therefore you must purchase a health care policy through a private company, which means you better have plenty of money.

I didn't get their quarantines at all. And no way on the planet was I going to put my kennel in to a quarantine for 6 freaking months.
That's backward.

I passed when I realized I couldn't bring my kennel. Pissed me clean off. A whole kennel with every vaccination known to mankind if we wanted to immigrate with every vet certificate with every catahoula breeder backing us up and they still wanted to sequester our dogs like mongrels for 6 months. .

I believe England is like that as well.

I want to live in a nation that adheres to the rule of law - starting with the ultimate law of the land - the US Constitution.

Nothing less. Nothing more. You wouldn't think that would be too hard, but I guess our founders didn't account for the collapse of a moral society and with it, complete lack of integrity by so many.

I would like to establish a free state on the Moon. I would adopt the US Constitution, minus the 18th and 21st Amendments, and the parts about 3/5 people. I would add a new amendment banning country music. :tongue:

I would copy Canada's GST consumption tax.

If it becomes necessary to exercise the income tax in the 16th Amendment, the income tax would be flat, and everyone would pay it.

If there is an income tax, there will be zero deductions. Thus it won't matter if two married men want to file a joint income tax statement since there will be no such thing.

There will be food stamps and aid for the poor, but the due diligence would be a real bitch. There would be a time limit for food stamps and welfare except for the catastrophically ill.

The citizens of the moon would be able to buy health insurance from any company on the Moon or Earth. They would be allowed to choose to pay for whatever options they like, or not pay for options they don't like. Employer provided health insurance would be disincentivized.

There would be a means tested Social Security program, and the eligibility age on the Moon would be 70 but indexed to life expectancy.

There would be no lunar corporate tax.

There would be no lunar capital gains tax.

There would be no government subsidies for anyone on the Moon. You choose what to grow in your biospheres and you earn per bushel what the market will bear.

If you screw up your lunar bank, you will be allowed to fail. Fraud committed by banks would be dealt with harshly. There will be punitive fines and people will be going to lunar prison and breaking big moon rocks into little moon rocks, and will work in the lunar mines for low wages.

There will be lunar versions of the FDA, FDIC, and a central bank.

Looney Nazis will be allowed to spew their nonsense freely, as will looney Marxists, looney Libertarians, and the lunar versions of Hollywood bimbos.

Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville would be required reading in public schools.

The legislative branch will determine what holy days will be national holidays. Employers will decide whether to give those days off, and if they are paid holidays.

Justice will be compassionate yet swift. There will be no death penalty.

There would be no campaign contribution limits, but the donors of contributions over $200 would have to be recorded.

The legislature will not be allowed to exempt themselves from laws they pass.

There would be sane industrial, financial, agricultural, and other commercial regulations.

France, Spain, or Italy would be my choices. Unfortunately our dollar isn't worth enough that would make any of them affordable.

I passed when I realized I couldn't bring my kennel. Pissed me clean off. A whole kennel with every vaccination known to mankind if we wanted to immigrate with every vet certificate with every catahoula breeder backing us up and they still wanted to sequester our dogs like mongrels for 6 months.

They can go fuck themselves. When we start coonhounds I won't be looking at aussie land for my future. Pity.

what a tremendous loss for australia.

I passed when I realized I couldn't bring my kennel. Pissed me clean off. A whole kennel with every vaccination known to mankind if we wanted to immigrate with every vet certificate with every catahoula breeder backing us up and they still wanted to sequester our dogs like mongrels for 6 months. .

I believe England is like that as well.

Yes. Go figure. My kennel was not only vaccinated out the ying yang but microchipped as well.

I don't get it. And I'd love to move to Australia. But beasties come first.

Is there any place you couldn't live? I mean, aside from obvious issues like people wanting to kill you and that sort of thing?

what a tremendous loss for australia.

Oh it is. I'm a doppleganger for Demi Moore and know how to run hounds to die for. Some men like that in a girl. I pride myself on my ability to handle beasties.

:D

I'd consider Argentina. The rest of South America seems a bit dangerous, except maybe Chile, or Uruguay.

Forum List

Back