What country do you want to live in?

Let's nip the troll thread in the bud. I don't really care to hear where you think is better than America. I just want you to go there and shut up.

I'd consider Argentina. The rest of South America seems a bit dangerous, except maybe Chile, or Uruguay.

I'm a mega foodie. Have you ever seen a grill from Chile? Holy toledo grill of grills of grills.

Martha Stewart had this chef on from Brazil but even he gave it up to Chile on this home made grill. It was unreal. The design was to die for.

I digress. :D back to the topic. I would love to live in Brazil.

I'd consider Argentina. The rest of South America seems a bit dangerous, except maybe Chile, or Uruguay.

I'm a mega foodie. Have you ever seen a grill from Chile? Holy toledo grill of grills of grills.

Martha Stewart had this chef on from Brazil but even he gave it up to Chile on this home made grill. It was unreal. The design was to die for.

I digress. :D back to the topic. I would love to live in Brazil.

Brazilian churrasco is pretty damn great.

I want to live in America.....let's talk when.....Economically? 1950's-1970.... Socially? Now, I suppose.....although, I'm not crazy about the gangs and violence in our cities that is even creeping into our rural part of PA lately...so I'd like to have the disclaimer of Pre-war on Drugs on that particular issue.

Good enough?

If I have to choose a different country? Germany or France maybe...although.I'd have to work pretty hard with Rosetta Stone for a while.

If the gangs are creeping into your area DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT..
Small townspeople have far more clout in the township government than in a large city.
You go to the meeting and you tell them, "if you don't get rid of the gang bangers, we will elect someone who will. Your failure to enforce the law is going to cost lives."
Or you get together with some of the people in town and pick the gangsters off one by one.
Trust me, there won't be 12 people within 100 miles of you that would convict you in a trial.
All those Euro countries have gangs as well. Because of it's extremely liberal immigration policies, France will be a Muslim dominant country in 10 years. Germany although a orderly nation where the people have a high conscience of duty and community, has neo Nazi gangs all over the place.

Well if you look like Demi Moore, you can marry into a country and work there. Only way I've seen beside TONS of money.

come on franco you know how tough it is up in our neck of the woods. yeah I'm a doppleganger for demi. I have black hair down to my ass and I'm beautiful. It sucks. It really sucks.

You've witnessed Cowman going at me. I've put up the Album covers and Cowman still goes crazy on me. I put up reality and Cowman goes koo koo bye bye. I put up an album cover with me on the back and Cowman still goes insane.

Oh well.

Well, ya CAN"T go live there- LOL Some broke places you CAN retire to...

People can dream franco. When I started to dream my dreams came true.

Dreams come true when people start to work toward them.

Yes. I come from a family of dreams. My Gido brought his girls to this country. All have rocked. My grandfather came from Ireland and served in the navy found his woman in Newfoundland and he won the big one too.

Dreams are what you make them.

Cow man? lol... I'm just talking about how hard it is to work and live, ie emigrate to other modern countries at least- even hard to even retire there. Brazil, 3rd world maybe you can retire at least....

What countries politics/government do you feel is better than America, so much so that you wish you lived there? Are there conservative/liberal counties you wish America would emulate?

I always thought New Zealand would be a nice place.
Had my health not deteroriated I would perhaps be living there now.

Canada has universal health care, gay marriage, decriminalized pot, stricter hand gun laws, and their banks weren't involved in Wall Street's derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy.

Are they smarter than us?

Yes.

I want to live in America.....let's talk when.....Economically? 1950's-1970.... Socially? Now, I suppose.....although, I'm not crazy about the gangs and violence in our cities that is even creeping into our rural part of PA lately...so I'd like to have the disclaimer of Pre-war on Drugs on that particular issue.

Good enough?

If I have to choose a different country? Germany or France maybe...although.I'd have to work pretty hard with Rosetta Stone for a while.

If the gangs are creeping into your area DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT..
Small townspeople have far more clout in the township government than in a large city.
You go to the meeting and you tell them, "if you don't get rid of the gang bangers, we will elect someone who will. Your failure to enforce the law is going to cost lives."
Or you get together with some of the people in town and pick the gangsters off one by one.
Trust me, there won't be 12 people within 100 miles of you that would convict you in a trial.
All those Euro countries have gangs as well. Because of it's extremely liberal immigration policies, France will be a Muslim dominant country in 10 years. Germany although a orderly nation where the people have a high conscience of duty and community, has neo Nazi gangs all over the place.

Oh....we do....however, it's like herding cats. The tough economic times mean that people want escape their woes....Drugs and alcohol do the trick....as long as there's demand, there are people who will take the risk. This has been going on for a decade or more. Someone always takes the place of the ones that we get rid of. They also keep a low profile around here...they don't flash Colors or do the graffiti thing you find in the cities...but the evidence is there.

The opening game in the NFL....Dallas beat the Giants....some guy's dog was barking and the owner(a Giants fan)stabbed it 30 times, and threatened his family....high on a method/coke binge.

I would stay in the US till the collapse... But... Honestly I'd go to Aussie land as a second choice. We already speak the same language for the most part... And while they have inflated their money like crazy, they are stabilized.

Australia isn't big on immigration. Have you checked it out? I have. They didn't want me.
Everybody wants me... Gungnum style.

Good enough?

I love America....but if i HAD TO chose another, it would be Germany!!! I got to spend 2 weeks there when i went to visit my son & Fam - they were stationed there in the Army. Wonderful country! So much to see and do.....2 weeks wasn't enough! :)

Yeah....my father passed away in 1982. I was 17. My sister was in the Army, Stationed in Brussels Belgium. If you read my posy about the vacations....the vacations stopped when I was about 13. My dad got emphysema....they felt it was from working the overhead crane, shitty ventilation, and breathing welding fumes...the guy couldn't breathe and we kind of became shut ins after he went out on disability.

Anyway...my sister invited my mom and I over and got us military discount airfare. We spent a weekend in Munich, a day trip to Paris, a weekend in London, and the rest of the time in Belgium....three weeks total. Munich was definitely the highlight of the trip for me.....I'd love to go back sometime....maybe when the daughter gets out of college.

I wish i could have seen more when we were in Germany. My son was stationed at Grafenweir (sp?), we spent 2 nights in Garmish in the Alps - BEAUTIFUL!!! Spent a day driving around Prag....found out you don't drive an F150 pickup in a city like that and expect to find a parking place for it! Lol! Got to go to a concentration camp that was only about 45 min from where he lives. I never thought i'd ever get to go to Europe, so i feel pretty blessed that i got the chance! Of course my son wanted us to come so bad he paid for my daughter and i to fly over there...which helped!

margaritaville.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back