What country do you want to live in?

What countries politics/government do you feel is better than America, so much so that you wish you lived there? Are there conservative/liberal counties you wish America would emulate?

None of the above. I like America and only wish we could get the dumb assed democrats out of Washington before they destroy America.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I want to live in America.....let's talk when.....Economically? 1950's-1970.... Socially? Now, I suppose.....although, I'm not crazy about the gangs and violence in our cities that is even creeping into our rural part of PA lately...so I'd like to have the disclaimer of Pre-war on Drugs on that particular issue.

Good enough?

If I have to choose a different country? Germany or France maybe...although.I'd have to work pretty hard with Rosetta Stone for a while.

I love America....but if i HAD TO chose another, it would be Germany!!! I got to spend 2 weeks there when i went to visit my son & Fam - they were stationed there in the Army. Wonderful country! So much to see and do.....2 weeks wasn't enough! :)

I want to live in America.....let's talk when.....Economically? 1950's-1970.... Socially? Now, I suppose.....although, I'm not crazy about the gangs and violence in our cities that is even creeping into our rural part of PA lately...so I'd like to have the disclaimer of Pre-war on Drugs on that particular issue.

Good enough?

If I have to choose a different country? Germany or France maybe...although.I'd have to work pretty hard with Rosetta Stone for a while.

Ohhh the when is interesting. Why the 1950's? If you dont mind me asking:)

Because in the 1950's to the early 1970's, we were booming economically. The government wasn't afraid to invest in the country, we installed a little infrastructure program called the interstate system that has contributed trillions of dollars into our economy by way of easy logistics, we even dared to dream about space travel. It was a time of high hopes and big aspirations.

That was before the conglomerate took over the country....when competition was not only real, but was highly active. There were no superstores and multinational conglomerates that no Mom and Pop can hope to compete with.

Like I said in my OP, socially...things weren't so great. I'd be OK....I'm a 4th generation German American....but blacks and other minorities had a tough time....well hell, they do now too.

Unions were also a huge factor. Factories that were unionized received good pay, benefits and actual pensions. Factories that weren't unionized were competitive with the unionized to keep unions out.

Just as an example....my father worked in a medium sized steel fabrication plant...he worked an overhead crane. My mother was a nurse. They had their house paid off 10 years after they built it, they had a new car every other year, they had enough left over to not only have a healthy savings, but also take us three kids on a good vacation every Summer, along with weekend camping trips once or twice a month.

That is what Middle Class used to look like when I was a kid.

Good enough?

I love America....but if i HAD TO chose another, it would be Germany!!! I got to spend 2 weeks there when i went to visit my son & Fam - they were stationed there in the Army. Wonderful country! So much to see and do.....2 weeks wasn't enough! :)

Agree. Enjoyed my time in Germany thoroughly. Also liked the Netherlands as well. People there are a bit cold, but very chill. And more speak English in both countries than I dared hope for even though I preferred to try and speak their language out of respect. They certainly like that as well.

Good enough?

Yeah....my father passed away in 1982. I was 17. My sister was in the Army, Stationed in Brussels Belgium. If you read my posy about the vacations....the vacations stopped when I was about 13. My dad got emphysema....they felt it was from working the overhead crane, shitty ventilation, and breathing welding fumes...the guy couldn't breathe and we kind of became shut ins after he went out on disability.

Anyway...my sister invited my mom and I over and got us military discount airfare. We spent a weekend in Munich, a day trip to Paris, a weekend in London, and the rest of the time in Belgium....three weeks total. Munich was definitely the highlight of the trip for me.....I'd love to go back sometime....maybe when the daughter gets out of college.

What countries politics/government do you feel is better than America, so much so that you wish you lived there? Are there conservative/liberal counties you wish America would emulate?

Canada, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, etc....

Taiwan and France have the best healthcare systems.

I would stay in the US till the collapse... But... Honestly I'd go to Aussie land as a second choice. We already speak the same language for the most part... And while they have inflated their money like crazy, they are stabilized.

Australia isn't big on immigration. Have you checked it out? I have. They didn't want me.

I would stay in the US till the collapse... But... Honestly I'd go to Aussie land as a second choice. We already speak the same language for the most part... And while they have inflated their money like crazy, they are stabilized.

Australia isn't big on immigration. Have you checked it out? I have. They didn't want me.

1276206568204.jpg

Their requirements don't look much different from the US.

Wrigley area, Northwest Territories, Canada, if I could not live in the USA. Australia or New Zealand after that.

Last edited:
Mmmm this is hard. I've been almost everywhere in North America and man I love our countries coast to coast.

We are blessed people we really are.

But the OP specifies "live in" not visit. So I'll take Ireland. I'm a Boone, daughter of Daniel. I think I'll do fine there.

What exactly is the question now? Is it where you would live if you could not live in your native country, or where you would prefer to live rather than your native country?

Forum List

Back