What beliefs define a 21st Century American conservative?

What do they believe in and why are they so quick to attack other self described conservatives as RINO's?

Postscript: Upon reflection this thread limits conservative to the Republican Party; I know many self defined conservatives see themselves as Independents or Libertarian, so let the question be: What do 21st Century conservaitves believe (and skip the snarky second phrase).

Unalienable Rights. Life Liberty, Property, the Pursuit of Happiness. Government by the Consent of the Governed. Impartiality in Government. Equal Justice, Equal Protection, not Equal or predetermined outcome. Charity begins at home.

Conservatives want to maintain (conserve) the status quo, in as much as it means maintaining the benefits they receive under the current status quo.

The fear is that they might lose some or all of the power and/or wealthy that they've compiled, of which they feel deserving. They insist the status quo is not to blame nor the cause of any social ill, for if it were to change, so would their circumstances.

Others, who aren't part of the percentage that is reaping benefits with the current status quo want change that will give them some of the benefits formerly reserved for the elite, reserved for those in control.

Translation: Loot the wealthy.

And someone in here claimed liberals don't hate the rich.

How I see most ppl define it is anyone who doesn't vote for whatever mainstream candidate the RNC props up.

To me there's fiscally and socially conservative. If you're fiscally conservative you take balancing budgets seriously, lowering the debt seriously, scaling back gov't seriously and lowering taxes seriously and it shows in how you vote. Socially conservative means you're pro-life, anti-gay marriage, charitable, anti-divorce, believe in the more traditional meaning of family.

There is far too much diversity in conservative beliefs to answer the question.
Best anyone can do is answer what he, as a conservative, believes.

Not surprisingly, the rabid liberal toadies fail to recognize either point.

Last edited:
If ignorance were energy this one thread would power Cleveland for a month.

And yet you evade the simple question. Rabbi, I know that you know that I know you're both a liar and not too bright. So why do you keep proving it to others?

In reference to the thanks you recieved, the thanker made a statement aobve and I simply asked him a follow up question - he either missed the question or is not bright enough to respond.

Yet the self defined conservatives have not answered the basic question. Would you care to reply and list a half dozen or more principles you hold which make you a conservative?

And yet you evade the simple question. Rabbi, I know that you know that I know you're both a liar and not too bright. So why do you keep proving it to others?

In reference to the thanks you recieved, the thanker made a statement aobve and I simply asked him a follow up question - he either missed the question or is not bright enough to respond.

It isn't a "simple question", you asshole. It is a troll thread. You don't give a shit about conservativism. You only want a forum to bash conservatives, as witnessed by the several ignorant answers from fellow leftists.
So you get the response you deserve.

What do they believe in and why are they so quick to attack other self described conservatives as RINO's?

Postscript: Upon reflection this thread limits conservative to the Republican Party; I know many self defined conservatives see themselves as Independents or Libertarian, so let the question be: What do 21st Century conservaitves believe (and skip the snarky second phrase).

It's hard not to be "snarky". Simply telling the truth will have the Republican base screaming "liar".

Are you and Rdean the Liberal Intellectual Elite?

Yet the self defined conservatives have not answered the basic question.
Well, as I said, that's because they caannot - no one can.

Would you care to reply and list a half dozen or more principles you hold which make you a conservative?
That's a different question.

I'll give you four:

-Great personal freedom = Great personal responsibility
You can choose to do what you want, but in doing so you also choose to accept the consequences for your action. You don't get to choose to make whatever decisions you want then expect others to forgive you for whatever damage you nay have caused or bail you out from the costs incurred. This applies to all aspects of life, from the point where you start making dscisions for yourself to the point where you stop.

-You, aand no one else, are responsible for you.
Your life is what you make of it. If you want to eat, buy food. If you want to be warm, buy clothes and a place to live. If you want to be safe, acquire the means to protect yourself. No one owes you these things and no one should ever be put in a position of being forced to give them to you.

Related to above...

-You have no right to impose your morality on others
You may think it is wrong to let people starve, et al, but you have no right to force that morality on me - especially if you're the sort of person who will whine and cry should anyone ever try to do the same to you.

Similarly related...

-Government exists to protect the rgihts of the people, not provide them with the means to exercise those rights.
This is the natural extension of the points noted above applied to the role of government. Following this principle will allievate any and all issues regarding debt/deficit/spending/revenue/taxes.

Last edited:
Conservatives want to maintain (conserve) the status quo, in as much as it means maintaining the benefits they receive under the current status quo.

The fear is that they might lose some or all of the power and/or wealthy that they've compiled, of which they feel deserving. They insist the status quo is not to blame nor the cause of any social ill, for if it were to change, so would their circumstances.

Others, who aren't part of the percentage that is reaping benefits with the current status quo want change that will give them some of the benefits formerly reserved for the elite, reserved for those in control.

:eek:

Just what do you think the political conservative is trying to conserve?

Translation: Loot the wealthy.

And someone in here claimed liberals don't hate the rich.

I see this is another post that flies over your head.

Funny, it's not that deep and yet your drowning.

I also found that out about Rabbi some time ago Wry, I choose to just ignore him though.

I do like the humor he provides but not enough to respond directly to him, I have time to waste not time to kill.

Are you and Rdean the Liberal Intellectual Elite?

No, but they're certainly representative.

There will be no consistent set of beliefs that are "conservative" for the whole of the 21st century anymore than there was for the 20th or the 19th.

I don't expect consistency, I'm really wondering what those individuals who define themselves as conservative believe.

Nothing personal but that's a stupid question, Catcher since there are just as many varieties of conservatives as there are varieties of liberals. I myself am a fiscal conservative. I'm also an agnostic who has no problem with a woman's right to choose or gay marriage. According to your world model that probably isn't "consistant". You seem to feel that conservatives should fit neatly into "slots". I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way.

I also found that out about Rabbi some time ago Wry, I choose to just ignore him though.

I do like the humor he provides but not enough to respond directly to him, I have time to waste not time to kill.
Translation: I get my azz whipped every time I try to debate.
Yeah, I'd avoid that too if I were you.

They don't know what they believe until they tune in to Rush. I think it would make a wonderful modern day radio version of the Wizard of Oz.
"Pay no attention to the fat man behind the plexiglass!"

Forum List

Back