What band have you seen the most in concert??

Sawyer Brown was my very first concert when I was four years old in 1986. Sadly I could only take the first ten minutes due to how loud the music was. My first time seeing them from start to finish was in either 1993 or 1994. I saw them for my third time in 2005. To me, they are one of the most underappreciated bands in music history! This is one of their few award winning moments which took place in 1997 and sadly the lead singer could barely get a word out due to his voice jumping ship on him that week. :( :( :(

God bless you and the past and present members always!!!

Holly

For me it was 1968 IIRC, New York's Singer Bowl (now gone I think) where they plaid a gig with The Doors. I took my girlfriend to see the Doors, but I fell in love with The Who! I had liked their radio stuff, but live they were on another level.
I have always thought the Who were one of the most overrated bands in rock music.

The most?

The Rolling Stones
The Eagles

and the Beach Boys :)

I've seen several times

Oh, and same with Santana!

I can't believe that it took me this long to remember my getting to see country band Diamond Rio three times!

Kingsport TN 2000
Maryville TN 2004
Pigeon Forge TN 2007

God bless you and this other butt kicking band always!!!

Holly

Bullshit. Many of my musician friends felt the same about the Who as I did. You are showing your ignorance here.

Major artist after major artist after major artist all say The Who were major influences on them. Geddy Lee when asked what his dream gig would have been said "bassist for The Who".

Punk rockers from all over the world all say The Who originated the genre so no, no legit musician would ever say what you do.

Townshend is acknowledged worldwide as a musical genius and he was covering subjects 30 years ago in his song writing that only now is the rest of the world catching up to. Daltrey has one of the most recognized voices in THE WORLD, and Moon is on every major list as one of the greatest drummers of all time.

The same goes for Entwistle.

The fact that their music was beyond your ability to play is your fault, not theirs.

Major artist after major artist after major artist all say The Who were major influences on them. Geddy Lee when asked what his dream gig would have been said "bassist for The Who".

Punk rockers from all over the world all say The Who originated the genre so no, no legit musician would ever say what you do.

Townshend is acknowledged worldwide as a musical genius and he was covering subjects 30 years ago in his song writing that only now is the rest of the world catching up to. Daltrey has one of the most recognized voices in THE WORLD, and Moon is on every major list as one of the greatest drummers of all time.

The same goes for Entwistle.

The fact that their music was beyond your ability to play is your fault, not theirs.
Townshend is considered highly overrated by many musicians. And many musicians were not impressed by Geddy Lee or the punk scene. The Who did a lot of good straight rock songs. The Rick operas and Big projects not so good. Tommy had a few good songs.

Townshend is considered highly overrated by many musicians. And many musicians were not impressed by Geddy Lee or the punk scene. The Who did a lot of good straight rock songs. The Rick operas and Big projects not so good. Tommy had a few good songs.
'Rock' operas that is.

Forum List

Back