What are your favorite cooking shows ?

I will not watch Masterchef US.
Gordon Ramsay is an asshole who puts olive oil in the pasta water for Christ's Sake.
MC UK/New Zealand/Australia are the best!
Canada's MC is a fucking joke!
What's wrong with olive oil in the pasta water ? ( I wouldn't waste expensive EVO )

Your sauce wont stick to the pasta.
Is that what the salt's for or just flavor ? My homemade pasta has oil inside it anyway, plus I usually drain it al dente and saute it in the sauce at the end. Like Grandma Gina.

Oh....salt is just for the flavor.
Try it sometime without oil. I'll just say I used to put oil in my pasta water.
"I used to" LOL
There's not a Italian home cook or restaurant on the planet that puts olive oil into the pasta water.

"Would you like some omelette with your salt?"
The asshole never even tastes the omelette as he was making it.
If he did that in a professional kitchen he would have been fired on the spot.
That's why I cannot abide Ramsey.

BBQ with Franklin. (Aaron Franklin, the pitmaster out of Austin.)

Patti's Mexican table

Mexico one plate at a time. (Rick Bayless)

Pati's Mexican Table
Then
Hooks, Lies, And Alibis
With Chef John Folse

All Before That
It Was Sandra Lee
Semi-Homemade Cooking
"A Can Of This, A Box Of That, COCKTAILS !!"

sandra-lee-will-break-you.jpg

The best shows, actually about cooking and not a game show... are long gone.
I have said for years... Emeril Lagasse gave me the love for cooking, Alton Brown gave me the technique.

I have said for years... Emeril Lagasse gave me the love for cooking, Alton Brown gave me the technique.
I already loved cooking, but I learned a lot from all those "www dot TV Food Network dot com" shows....Emeril, Bobby Flay, Yan Can Cook, East Meets West, Too Hot Tamales, Michael's Place 30- Minute Meals (Rachel Ray is a genius )and of course the old classics -Justin Wilson, The Galloping Gourmet and Julia Child.

I already loved cooking, but I learned a lot from all those "www dot TV Food Network dot com" shows....Emeril, Bobby Flay, Yan Can Cook, East Meets West, Too Hot Tamales, Michael's Place 30- Minute Meals (Rachel Ray is a genius )and of course the old classics -Justin Wilson, The Galloping Gourmet and Julia Child.
Indeed, I learned a lot from a host of youtube videos by different people. Pioneer Women is one for sure.
Having said that, the techniques I learned from Alton Brown via "Good Eats" were invaluable. They can be applied to a great many different recipes.
For instance pan searing a steak beats the ever loving HELL out of grilling one. It isn't even close.
I learned the importance of brining.
Learned how to make a roux... learned how to make bone/skin on chicken breast that literally squirt out juices when cutting...all by methods of Alton Brown. Food friggin genius.

Last edited:
This guy kills me --->
The "One Pot Chef"... has a fairly decent following...but hard to figure out why.
Overall pretty sophomoric and basic stuff, but the guy doesn't bother to clean equipment etc.. often has yellow head zits on his face, dirt on his shirt.
It should be called "Cooking at the Trailer Park"

Been a cooking show fan since I can remember seeing Julia Child and Justin Wilson back in the 60's and 70's on PBS, and then was a huge TV Food Network fan when they had Bobby Flay, Emeril Lagasse and Rachel Ray , Yan Can Cook was a good one and East Meets West, 2 Hot Tamales....

Here's one of my new favorites.

Most already named the greats

a youtuber

I think she made a food network contest fora new host but lost out to someone else

if youre a young man roaming NYC find her and marry her

the guy behind the camera is probably a gay communist if he didnt at least try

love skirt steak

i just do it on a red hot iron skillet

Their was an old Romanian place downtown that did it well

queens blvd had a bunch of latino place doin skirts to

YUM

I like my women tall but id make an acceptation cause she friggin adorable and can cook

Been a cooking show fan since I can remember seeing Julia Child and Justin Wilson back in the 60's and 70's on PBS, and then was a huge TV Food Network fan when they had Bobby Flay, Emeril Lagasse and Rachel Ray , Yan Can Cook was a good one and East Meets West, 2 Hot Tamales....

Here's one of my new favorites.

Most already named the greats

a youtuber

I think she made a food network contest fora new host but lost out to someone else

if youre a young man roaming NYC find her and marry her

the guy behind the camera is probably a gay communist if he didnt at least try

love skirt steak

i just do it on a red hot iron skillet

Their was an old Romanian place downtown that did it well

queens blvd had a bunch of latino place doin skirts to

YUM

I like my women tall but id make an acceptation cause she friggin adorable and can cook

My wife always thought I had a crush on the blonde from Too Hot Tamales.
hqdefault.jpg

Id kill a commie for a foccacha bread and a real jewy salt bagel

If you can eat a bagel plain, NOT toasted and its still absolutely delicious you have found a good bagel

salt or sesame are my drugs of choice

throw in a garlic bialy and ill take out golfing gator for yas ....since he wants us to not sit on or ass and "do something

Gordon Ramsay is an asshole who puts olive oil in the pasta water for Christ's Sake.

What a waste of olive oil...

That being said...

Much like Hot August Night is the only Neil Diamond album anyone will ever need, if one never watches but one cooking show, Alton Brown's Good Eats is the one they should watch.

Forum List

Back