What are you?

Me? I'm a white male in my 50's who is retired from the U.S. Navy. I grew up in the mountains of Colorado and Montana, know how to hunt, fish and survive in the wild.

As far as beliefs, I believe in something much larger, call it God, Higher Power or whatever you will, but I don't believe much of the dogma of standard religions.

I like to ride bicycles, travel and keep an open mind. I will talk to anyone at anytime about anything, as long as it can be kept civil.
do you work or are you actually retired? what did you do for the Navy? how old were you when you Retired? my brother just bought property of North Michigan very wild I envy you for having survival skills. I'm looking to learn them in the years to come

Nope....................don't work, just live on my retirement. What did I do? Was a Personnelman for 20 years, but also qualified for DAPA, PRP program, PRT Coordinator, and for the last 2 1/2 years, I was Head Classifier and LPO of Amarillo MEPS.

How old was I when I retired? 37, because I took just over 2 months of terminal leave (was in boot camp 3 days after I turned 18), and worked a couple of jobs until I was 42 and I'd figured out how to live on my retirement.

Jealous? Lots of people are when I tell them how young I was when I retired.

And yeah...............I still manage to take a couple of vacations to Colorado every year.
I could have went to work for Ford right out of high school at 17 im 44 now in 3 years I could have been retired with a pension. 30 years. almost makes me wish I did that. Plus I wouldn't have had to pay for or go to college.

23. "White", but ethnically American. Culturally Southern. Lower middle class? Atheist. I'm not really sure what else you're looking for here... Employed, somehow.
glad to see so many other atheists out there. I think we might even represent 50 percent of the population before too long

Me? I'm a white male in my 50's who is retired from the U.S. Navy. I grew up in the mountains of Colorado and Montana, know how to hunt, fish and survive in the wild.

As far as beliefs, I believe in something much larger, call it God, Higher Power or whatever you will, but I don't believe much of the dogma of standard religions.

I like to ride bicycles, travel and keep an open mind. I will talk to anyone at anytime about anything, as long as it can be kept civil.
do you work or are you actually retired? what did you do for the Navy? how old were you when you Retired? my brother just bought property of North Michigan very wild I envy you for having survival skills. I'm looking to learn them in the years to come
this gal will teach you bobo.....look her up...

I'll go first. I'm a middle class white (100% greek) liberal straight male atheist in my forties.

I'd like to know who I'm talking to

A mouse.....in the house of Raven.

======

I worked a metro EMS one time, just southeast of where I work now.

People trying to get me to use marijuana at partys........and at a bar, I was "leaned to" go outside in the parking lot of an evening and "Smoke Dope". After drinking and eating a different places when I worked Metro EMS....I was having headaches and small chest pains. When I started my current job one of the nurses ( from Ohio, Drove a Ford Expedition.....black in color ) husband...I was told by the coworkers on my shift, that he smoked marijuana. A substantial find of marijuana was located at my work site...an industrial complex, and was burned by my shift foreman and Captain. I go running in the town north of where I work, I "Run the Horn", and I smell marijuana when I run......ESPECIALLY at the apartment complex ( red buildings ) on the west side of the "Horn".

Me being followed when I sometimes was driving an ambulance, while working at the Metro EMS. A few of my "Tails" I believe was Law Enforcement.

I was working a metro EMS, and I got cleaned up one time - outside of normal protocol and took a shower at the EMS station in the northwest sector......where I was a medic student. One of my co-workers repeated to me when I took a shower one evening, outside of normal protocol, and joked about it......trying desperately as I interpreted, TO INTIMIDATE AND EMBARASS ME. He mentioned PARTICULARS, arrangements and decorating inside the EMS station restroom, that I did not believe he was familiar with, as it was a relatively new EMS station to the agency, and he had not been there ( !!!! @ D-E )

A party for a newly elected female at a popular bar, where I worked Metro EMS.....she got elected Magistrate ; and I was being watched / surveyed by quite a number of people. Her father.....watching me more closer...but cautiously and not as overt as some people were. But when he gets near me with his hands in his pockets....and sees that I notice him watching me, he turns his head suddenly to the left. A guy I knew and essentially worked for, and he even taught my legal documentation class at Fire School ( fire school = county north of me ) , and he never even says hello. He avoids conversation and essentially......contact. YEP......I am under surveillance most definitely. But I could never put the finger on whom.....as there are at least a half a dozen possibilities in my mind.

Females walking around or near me when I worked Metro EMS.....some dressed provocative, to see if I would stare or .......OOGLE at them.

One of the females I meet is a Judge, from the statehouse - her father is in the hospital.

I go to a bar - and set on a bar stool, after I start at my current workplace...and there is a guy dancing behind me ( ??? Wearing dress slacks - short and a jacket ) with a female, and he puts one of his hands on his nose and dips down. A nurse...whom is married to one of my former co-workers is sitting to my right and she is flirting with a guy......and he is flirting with her. HE IS not her husband. I am under surveillance.

People from my former job, seeing me continuously ( what a coincidence huh? ) at gas stations around where I work and live, asking me if I want to come back to work, AFTER THEY MADE me work tremendous hours of overtime on my past truck ( a 15 hour transport ambulance ) and did their best...playing mind games along with shift manipulations....to get me to leave. THEN AFTER I get my current job, they try to influence me to come back. Must be craziness on their part.

I get into heated debates on the company ( Metro EMS ) intra-computer in reference to patient diagnosis cases and 12 lead EKG's. I still stand behind my diagnosis's. People litterly screaming and arguing at me on the computer intra-email......like they are severely ticked off due to my patient diagnosis cases. I am currently a Fire-Fighter / Paramedic...... for a US Government contractor , and I do Environmental Health and Safety - Security - Safety - Safety and Health Prevention - I teach some classes to union personnel - I respond to Fires, metal spills and Medical Emergencies ( some are fake - false calls ) and a host of other things I respond to and do BUT WHEN I worked Metro EMS,, I was a hands on and aggressive Paramedic. HANDS on and aggressive. I liked trauma calls more than medical calls though.....but medical calls bring out the "Investigator" in a Paramedic. I was told in Paramedic class by one of my instructors that Paramedics make the best detectives.

A mouse......in the house of Raven. Yes sir-ree.......that is what I am.

Shadow 355

Last edited:
I'll go first. I'm a middle class white (100% greek) liberal straight male atheist in my forties.

======

People trying to get me to use marijuana at partys........and at a bar, I was "leaned to" go outside in the parking lot of an evening and "Smoke Dope". After drinking and eating a different places when I worked Metro EMS....I was having headaches and small chest pains. When I started my current job one of the nurses ( from Ohio, Drove a Ford Expedition.....black in color ) husband...I was told by the coworkers on my shift, that he smoked marijuana. A substantial find of marijuana was located at my work site...an industrial complex, and was burned by my shift foreman and Captain. I go running in the town north of where I work, I "Run the Horn", and I smell marijuana when I run......ESPECIALLY at the apartment complex ( red buildings ) on the west side of the "Horn".

Me being followed when I sometimes was driving an ambulance, while working at the Metro EMS. A few of my "Tails" I believe was Law Enforcement.

I was working a metro EMS, and I got cleaned up one time - outside of normal protocol and took a shower at the EMS station in the northwest sector......where I was a medic student. One of my co-workers repeated to me when I took a shower one evening, outside of normal protocol, and joked about it......trying desperately as I interpreted, TO INTIMIDATE AND EMBARASS ME. He mentioned PARTICULARS, arrangements and decorating inside the EMS station restroom, that I did not believe he was familiar with, as it was a relatively new EMS station to the agency, and he had not been there ( !!!! @ D-E )

A party for a newly elected female at a popular bar, where I worked Metro EMS.....she got elected Magistrate ; and I was being watched / surveyed by quite a number of people. Her father.....watching me more closer...but cautiously and not as overt as some people were. But when he gets near me with his hands in his pockets....and sees that I notice him watching me, he turns his head suddenly to the left. A guy I knew and essentially worked for, and he even taught my legal documentation class at Fire School ( fire school = county north of me ) , and he never even says hello. He avoids conversation and essentially......contact. YEP......I am under surveillance most definitely. But I could never put the finger on whom.....as there are at least a half a dozen possibilities in my mind.

Females walking around or near me when I worked Metro EMS.....some dressed provocative, to see if I would stare or .......OOGLE at them.

One of the females I meet is a Judge, from the statehouse - her father is in the hospital.

I go to a bar - and set on a bar stool, after I start at my current workplace...and there is a guy dancing behind me ( ??? Wearing dress slacks - short and a jacket ) with a female, and he puts one of his hands on his nose and dips down. A nurse...whom is married to one of my former co-workers is sitting to my right and she is flirting with a guy......and he is flirting with her. HE IS not her husband. I am under surveillance.

People from my former job, seeing me continuously ( what a coincidence huh? ) at gas stations around where I work and live, asking me if I want to come back to work, AFTER THEY MADE me work tremendous hours of overtime on my past truck ( a 15 hour transport ambulance ) and did their best...playing mind games along with shift manipulations....to get me to leave. THEN AFTER I get my current job, they try to influence me to come back. Must be craziness on their part.

I get into heated debates on the company ( Metro EMS ) intra-computer in reference to patient diagnosis cases and 12 lead EKG's. I still stand behind my diagnosis's. People litterly screaming and arguing at me on the computer intra-email......like they are severely ticked off due to my patient diagnosis cases. I am currently a Fire-Fighter / Paramedic...... for a US Government contractor , and I do Environmental Health and Safety - Security - Safety - Safety and Health Prevention - I teach some classes to union personnel - I respond to Fires, metal spills and Medical Emergencies ( some are fake - false calls ) and a host of other things I respond to and do BUT WHEN I worked Metro EMS,, I was a hands on and aggressive Paramedic. HANDS on and aggressive. I liked trauma calls more than medical calls though.....but medical calls bring out the "Investigator" in a Paramedic. I was told in Paramedic class by one of my instructors that Paramedics make the best detectives.

Shadow 355
I don't think I would want you showing up if I called 911

======

Shadow 355
Why did you write metro ems so many times?

======

Shadow 355

That's your question . . . after reading that crazy post?

======

Shadow 355

Person - Place - Time - Event.

Who - When - Where and.....and WHY.

Who is the "Puppet Master"? Whom is the Commander and Leader? Who gives orders to the troops?

Where do they go, what do they do and whom do they meet and see?

Lowest common denominator ( Common occurrence - event and conversations among one another and people whom say the same thing to you that others did.....others they supposedly do not associate with and know). Also......what is the ulterior motive !

Shadow 355

I'm an Alabama southern backwoods countrified mud slinging walking attitude. I cuss worse than a sailor, talk political trash, and have never met a stranger. I can out-talk almost anyone, and run my mouth 950 miles an hour. I love to fish and deer hunt, cook out, camp, and laugh. I love people, all people.

I'm 67 years young, educated, skilled, and know how the rivers flow. I don't give any shit, and certainly don't take any. I can be your best friend, or your worst enemy. I'm retired and enjoying the fruits of my labor. I'm NOT a Republican, Democrat, Liberal, Conservative, Moderate, Right Wing, Left Wing, nor anything other than an American for America.

Questions?

I was under the impression that you were in your early 20s! Not for any reason other than a tone of idealistic naïveté about people and the world that I perceive, whether correctly or not, in your posts: more than a few of which I agree with. I don't mean that condescendingly. I would expect a man of your years to be more jaded. How do you still have such an optimistic perspective?

======

Shadow 355

it does illustrate how important work is to people. many people define themselves by their family or their work or their friends. that guys would be a trip to work with

======

Shadow 355

it does illustrate how important work is to people. many people define themselves by their family or their work or their friends. that guys would be a trip to work with

How about "what mental institution did you escape from?" :eek:

I'm an Alabama southern backwoods countrified mud slinging walking attitude. I cuss worse than a sailor, talk political trash, and have never met a stranger. I can out-talk almost anyone, and run my mouth 950 miles an hour. I love to fish and deer hunt, cook out, camp, and laugh. I love people, all people.

I'm 67 years young, educated, skilled, and know how the rivers flow. I don't give any shit, and certainly don't take any. I can be your best friend, or your worst enemy. I'm retired and enjoying the fruits of my labor. I'm NOT a Republican, Democrat, Liberal, Conservative, Moderate, Right Wing, Left Wing, nor anything other than an American for America.

Questions?

I was under the impression that you were in your early 20s! Not for any reason other than a tone of idealistic naïveté about people and the world that I perceive, whether correctly or not, in your posts: more than a few of which I agree with. I don't mean that condescendingly. I would expect a man of your years to be more jaded. How do you still have such an optimistic perspective?
I just see reality, call it like I see it, and don't live in a fantasy world like most do.

Human male, alive, happy. Everything else is crap. :)

Delta Embassy =

I use to transport a two star General and a Full Bird Colonel. Your profile pic looks like and assistant battalion commander I knew.

I work out at the gym, and there use to be a guy that looks like a battalion commander I knew in Korea ( Wears Glasses - Boney legs - walks while leaning somewhat hunched forward ) in one of my military photo albums at home ( A white military photo album. )

Coincidences.......coincidences Huh. ;)

Shadow 355

Forum List

Back