What Are You?

What is planet earth to you? Are you an owner, or a tenant?

The difference between a good tenant and a good owner:

A good tenant with dogs will do the best job he reasonably can at picking up his own dogs shit.

A good owner with dogs will pick up all of the dog shit he finds, secure in the knowledge that the tenants he doesn’t like can be evicted.​

Owner.....? Tenant.......?

Next question... Are ya good? :eusa_think:

I think another choice would be steward. You are put here to take care of things and leave them better than when you found them.

What is planet earth to you? Are you an owner, or a tenant?

The difference between a good tenant and a good owner:

A good tenant with dogs will do the best job he reasonably can at picking up his own dogs shit.

A good owner with dogs will pick up all of the dog shit he finds, secure in the knowledge that the tenants he doesn’t like can be evicted.​

Owner.....? Tenant.......?

Next question... Are ya good? :eusa_think:

I think another choice would be steward. You are put here to take care of things and leave them better than when you found them.

Steward has a nice ring to it. A good steward would be a good tenant. A VERY good tenant. We should all be good stewards.

I live on 300 acres in northwestern Illinois. I have 3 dogs. They can shit anywhere on the 300 acres they feel like unloading. Nature takes care of the shit. What happen? You step on a dog turd today?

No. The kind of ownership that allows one to be a bad owner is something I can only dig and not relate to. I am quite happy with the 26 acres I share with my friends in a community. Living as a social creature forces me to be a good owner. I was musing that fact when we were playing in the garden this morning.

:eusa_think: What if more Earthlings felt like owners? Would we do a better job of "Tending the Garden?"*

*Genesis Chapter 1: And God said unto Adam, "Dude, you have 2 jobs: Name the animals and tend the garden - do good with those and I'll give you a Woman to see if that don't fuck with your head."

-As paraphrased by an Average Joe.

I believe there's hope for you yet.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgWQ1erBnMo[/ame]

I'm a tenant though.

Forum List

Back