What Are You?

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
What is planet earth to you? Are you an owner, or a tenant?

The difference between a good tenant and a good owner:

A good tenant with dogs will do the best job he reasonably can at picking up his own dogs shit.

A good owner with dogs will pick up all of the dog shit he finds, secure in the knowledge that the tenants he doesn’t like can be evicted.​

Owner.....? Tenant.......?

Next question... Are ya good? :eusa_think:

Last edited:
I live on 300 acres in northwestern Illinois. I have 3 dogs. They can shit anywhere on the 300 acres they feel like unloading. Nature takes care of the shit. What happen? You step on a dog turd today?

I live on 300 acres in northwestern Illinois. I have 3 dogs. They can shit anywhere on the 300 acres they feel like unloading. Nature takes care of the shit. What happen? You step on a dog turd today?

No. The kind of ownership that allows one to be a bad owner is something I can only dig and not relate to. I am quite happy with the 26 acres I share with my friends in a community. Living as a social creature forces me to be a good owner. I was musing that fact when we were playing in the garden this morning.

:eusa_think: What if more Earthlings felt like owners? Would we do a better job of "Tending the Garden?"*

*Genesis Chapter 1: And God said unto Adam, "Dude, you have 2 jobs: Name the animals and tend the garden - do good with those and I'll give you a Woman to see if that don't fuck with your head."

-As paraphrased by an Average Joe.

Last edited:
Just passin' through...

:eusa_think: Is that why Jews, Muslims & Christians have all done such a piss-poor job of tending the garden when they've had their chances thus far in history?

You'd think that the first to get the word would be the first to get it right, but hey... it's not my god. :eusa_whistle:

Doesn't shit feed the garden?

It does. But any gardner will tell you that there is much better shit than dog shit to put in your garden. Thanks to free enterprise, it's relatively cheap shit, and easy shit to get, too.

I'll start picking up my dogs shit when the human pigs stop throwing their garbage and Budweiser cans out the windows of their cars.

Just passin' through...

:eusa_think: Is that why Jews, Muslims & Christians have all done such a piss-poor job of tending the garden when they've had their chances thus far in history?

You'd think that the first to get the word would be the first to get it right, but hey... it's not my god. :eusa_whistle:

I couldn't tell ya, brother. All I know is, on my way through, I pick my shit up as I go.

A good tenant with dogs will do the best job he reasonably can at picking up his own dogs shit.

A good owner with dogs will pick up all of the dog shit he finds, secure in the knowledge that the tenants he doesn’t like can be evicted.​

I am a temporary resident.

Well, kinda.

Most likely, far as I know, the molecules that have composed me, do compose me,and will compose me will stay here so long as Earth is intact. I, however, am just a temporary construct.

I'll start picking up my dogs shit when the human pigs stop throwing their garbage and Budweiser cans out the windows of their cars.

You, and your entire community have my empathy. Eventually we all reach a community level where there is no respect. For me it's the city.

I'm thankful for my neighborhood, though... My neighborhood is very secure and I live amongst friends who have managed to learn how to share the cost of maintaining the infrastructure without fisticuffs.

To the day when we are all pretty happy with, if not tolerant of, our neighbors on first a state and then national level. :beer:

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;1915309 said:

Well, kinda.

Most likely, far as I know, the molecules that have composed me, do compose me,and will compose me will stay here so long as Earth is intact. I, however, am just a temporary construct.

Tenant. Good to know.

Are ya a good tenant, or a bad tenant? Do you at least take care of the shit you admit you're responsible for?​

☭proletarian☭;1915309 said:

Well, kinda.

Tenant. Good to know.
Are ya a good tenant, or a bad tenant? Do you at least take care of the shit you admit you're responsible for?​

Yes, but I admit responsibility for nothing :badgrin:

In seriousness, though, I try to make my own existence as pleasant as possible, and one aspect of that is preserving/forming the world around me in a desirable state and condition to the extent that I can.

Just passin' through...

I couldn't tell ya, brother. All I know is, on my way through, I pick my shit up as I go.

And THAT, is all any man has the right to ask of another, eh?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okd3hLlvvLw[/ame]

I have 1.5 acres. My dog can pinch one anywhere that his ass can reach while attached to his running line.

And I don't clean up his shit.

But I curse almighty Satan for making dogshit so sticky and smelly after I step on it whilst mowing.

And THAT, is all any man has the right to ask of another, eh?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okd3hLlvvLw[/ame]

That, and to treat each other with some modicum of respect.

Forum List

Back